MOTIF XS RACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The perks VST3 brings happen between the editor and the DAW, not the editor and the rack module. There's nothing special about the communication between the rack and the editor. That's why saying the editor turns your rack into a vsti is marketing more then anything.

The extra routing you get is cool though.

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
Just recieved it and played with it for about on hour. Sounds are beautiful. Also I love to real time control on the front panel. I also havnt got to try the apegiator but theres over 6000 built in. Havnt got to use the editor yet either. Ill update you guys and give you my review and a beat i made with it shortly. Cant wait to learn this thing inside out....peace

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Actually, some of the stuff doesn't happen between the daw and the editor and do happen with the editor and the hardware. An example of this is how things coming into the daw can be processed. With the mlan expansion this makes it so the hardware (motif) is responsible for audio i/o. Finally, there are no other pieces of hardware that are VST3 compatible, and if someone was thinking the editor was a replacement for a motif xs/xs rack, they have serious issues and should probably brush up on the VST3, previous versions and how sysex is or isn't implemented in this editor.

Apr 25, 2002
I doubt anyone here actually thinks the editor is a replacement for the hardware. I hope not anyways.

@lil_wattage:
Just wanted to say I'm glad to hear someone saying they want to learn their gear inside out! It almost seems like taking full advantage of your gear is a lost art these days with a lot of cats.

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
I doubt anyone here actually thinks the editor is a replacement for the hardware. I hope not anyways.

@lil_wattage:
Just wanted to say I'm glad to hear someone saying they want to learn their gear inside out! It almost seems like taking full advantage of your gear is a lost art these days with a lot of cats.
Yea it makes no sence to get gear if your not gonna learn the full functionality. Unless those functionalitys are useless to you. Yea the editor. Isnt out so I guess ill just wait on that to come out later.