MosDef,TalibKweli,Goapele,DizzeeRascal,etc

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yesterday....King Street between 2nd and 3rd Street in San Francisco right across the street from SBC/PacBell Park....Damn, I didn't even know that shit was jumpin off like that.......I was with DizzeeRascal when he got a call to do an open mic thing at this function downtown. He said cool let's make it happen and next thing ya know.....a car picked us up and took us to a muthafuckin live hot ass show! Michael Franti/Spearhead, MosDef rocked that shit, TalibKweli fucked it up as well, Goapele only did one song and had everyone wanting more......CrownCityRockers were the house band of the night..I didn't even know shit was jumpin off like that. I mean, MosDef and TalibKweli together spittin freestyles and the weather was perfect....Dizzee didn't know he was even going to rap, but he did a freestyle real quick before we headed back off to the Independent on Divisidero for his own show, which turned out crackin! Damn, that shit was cool.....Frisco was crackin last night......Yep. All tha best, RHYTHMX/Tha FYA Dept./$ickWid'It Records

P.S. Peace to Young Moe for coming out to Dizzee's show. Next time tell me who your bringing so we can get everyone on the guest list....and not just yourself. Ha! Big Up to ya boy Ski(was that his name?)Big Thanks for tha CD too GodCuzzin.

Oct 7, 2002
www.LadyTragik.com
BEFORE I LEAVE THIS PIECE, LET ME JUST LET THIS OUT...

NOW AS HIP HOP AS THIS SOUNDS...TAKE A STEP BACK

TO GET TICKETS (WHICH WERE FREE) YOU NEEDED TO SIGN UP WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHICH WAS BRILLIANT ON A POLITICAL STANCE. YESTERDAY AFTER THE EVENT, THERE WAS A HUGE MASS EMAIL (TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SIGNED UP) STATING THAT INDTV WAS NEVER INDTV...BUT IS CALLED "CURRENT" TV. (why may u ask... how appealing does INdTV (independent tv) sound compared to CURRENT?) THERE WAS A TRAILER THAT SHOWED WHAT CURRENT TV WOULD BE, AND LET ME TELL YOU...THERE WERE NO BLACK OR BROWN FACES ON THAT TRAILER, THE "HIP-HOP" CULTURE WAS NOT REPRESENTED...FUNNY AFTER SEEING THIS HUGE HIP-HOP EVENT THAT "INDTV AKA CURRENT" PUT ON...IT SHOWED SCENES OF THE WAR IN IRAQ...GHANA, ETC WITH A WHITE WOMAN AS A REPORTER TALKING ABOUT "GET CURRENT" NOW...TAKE ANOTHER STEP BACK.

YOU DONT WATCH CNN...YOU DONT WATCH CSPAN...YOU DONT WATCH CHANNELS THAT U THINK DONT REPRESENT US...BUT HERE WE SEE MOS DEF AND TALIB CHANTING "GET CURRENT" SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL...AFTER WALKING OUT WITH A 10 THOUSAND DOLLAR CHECK, AND LEONADRO DICAPRIO WAVING ON STAGE (YES HE WAS THERE ALONG WITH SEAN PENN)...RANDOM? YES...BUT FOR A REASON. THIS WAS A BRILLIANT SCHEME PUT ON BY AL GORE WITH AN UNLIMITED BUDGET TO DO A DREAM SHOW - YALL COULD OF BEEN WALKING RIGHT INTO THE GAS CHAMBER WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT CHANTING "GET-CURRENT, THIS IS OUR SHIT" TREE HUGGING, EATING CHEESE WITH NO SHOES ROCKIN THE CROWD WITH MOS DEF PUTTING YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR THINKING FINALLY...A FREE SHOW FOR OUR PEOPLE...

OOPS, YOU FORGOT THE HIDDEN AGENDA. THEY GOT THE BROWN PEOPLE RIGHT WHERE THEY WANT THEM. BRILLIANT.