More Jap bootlegs?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info

Now I don't think my E-40 is a Jap bootleg, cuzz I got it here in the states. The thing is tho, it seems like there's a lot more floating around now & people don't seem as quick to buy them. How could I tell if 1 was a bootleg? I also got that movie & maybe it's a foreign 1, cuzz it has Chinese or Japanese print on it.

Apr 25, 2002
Man I see those in the used section in rasputins all the time... With the plastic on. They must of re-released a shit ton of them and they are just trying to get rid of them.....Pisses me off to because I have the OG and it ain't worth shit no more.

Jan 6, 2003
Hard to see from your pics but is the PA label stretched vertically? I think you've got the new US re-release. didn't it come you last year?

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
Hard to see from your pics but is the PA label stretched vertically? I think you've got the new US re-release. didn't it come you last year?
What exactly do you need to see? I can see the label, even tho it is not so clear.

that one with The Mexican print is CHINESE.
it's chinese words on it.
Are you saying it's a Chinese release, or are you just trying to help me know the print?

Jan 6, 2003
What exactly do you need to see? I can see the label, even tho it is not so clear.
the PA label on the OG is the regular sized one, like the one that was standard back then. Even though it's hard to see from your pic the PA label on yours looks more like the one that Black Market put on their re-releases of psycho active and season of da siccness -a little larger vertically compared to horisontally.

And another detail, on the OG the "E-40 Federal" text goes from top to bottom to down. On yours the text goes from bottom to top...

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
why is there a dvd of the mexican on that pic?
I GOT A COUPLE OF REISSUES IN MY STORE AND THE GUY I GOT EM FROM SAID THAT E40'S BROTHER IS DOING THESE. MINE DONT HAVE CHINESE LETTERING JUST SILVER DISC WITH BLACK TEXT.
I was trying to see if the movie was a bootleg, but maybe it's a foreign release. The E-40 is sealed.

May 2, 2002
I've got a sealed OG copy and the way you can tell its OG is because of it's weight. When cds were first coming out the weight of the cases were heavier. My copy is noticeably heavier than most cds made after that time.

Apr 26, 2010
it looks like a rapbay repress I have seen those around, if you put head to head with og press the difference is the blurry covers , and someone would have to open to look at ringcode , but its the same blurriness as og click vs repress click , og dush tray vs repress , same with ezsd , cin 94 mobstas just to name a few. And now there are some floating around of og b legit the savage so look out for those too.

May 1, 2002
it looks like a rapbay repress I have seen those around, if you put head to head with og press the difference is the blurry covers , and someone would have to open to look at ringcode , but its the same blurriness as og click vs repress click , og dush tray vs repress , same with ezsd , cin 94 mobstas just to name a few. And now there are some floating around of og b legit the savage so look out for those too.
they're not rapbay....otherwise they would have rapbay logos on the back insert....these are rasputin music bootlegs....i actually talked to one of the supervisor's at one of the rasputin music location, he said they get it from a distributor...YEAH RIGHT...probably a fucker that bootlegs them and sells them to Rasputin for $2 each and shit....

this album is not the only one being bootleg, in the past i've seen CIN - 94 Mobstas, Messy Marv - Messy Situationz, Seagram - Souls On Ice, 3X Krazy - Stackin Chips, Messy Marv and San Quinn - Explosive Mode, West Coast Bad Boyz OG, and etc...THOSE that are from the Bay and go to Rasputin Music know what I'm talking about....

May 1, 2002
i actually bought one of these messy marv - messy situationz CD to check myself, fuckin front/back insert is thin like toilet paper and the album is pressed on a CDR with a label on it...ghetto like a mufucca...i reported this to the Rasputins at my location and they didn't do shit...all they did was accept it and gave me a voucher for it...scandalous