More From the Columbia Shows

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 6, 2004
Friday Night Show....

Myself, Chris Wicked, and our friend James went to this show. Me and Chris were wearing Chiefs jerseys, mine being an old one. James had bright orange spiked hair. When we got to the show, we first ran into Kutt Calhoun by the merchandise stand out front. He was really cool, and signed autographs for us, then took pictures. We then met up with Chino, and talked to him for a bit as well. Next, we met Skatterman & Snug Brim by the Blue Note lobby, and they were cool as hell. Skatter laughed with us, because the last show they played at the Blue Note, they were arrested due to smoking weed provided by James. They too signed CDs and took pictures. We then caught up with Mike E. Clark, who talked with us for a while about the old ICP days, and what is in store for Project: Deadman. He took pics with us, and signed their new CD for us as well. We then caught up w/ Prozak, and I told him I heard they were pulling fans onstage during the shows. He promised to pull us on stage (which explains why you saw me and Chris stage diving for PDM both nights). He did autographs and pics as well, and all in all, we spent a good 30 minutes with him and Mike Clark. Chris then called Travis, because we had a gift for Tech. While in Westport one day, we visited this beatnik looking used cd store. They had a near mint copy of Calm Before the Storm, for 8 dollars. We picked it up for Tech (since we have it already), because the last time he was at the Blue Note, one of his road crew guys was telling us how pissed Tech was, because his copy was stolen out of his car. Anyways, we get taken to the back of the Blue Note, where Tech instantly recognizes us. We give him the CD, and he starts flipping out that we got it for him. He then signs autographs and takes pictures with us (although he's done this for us many times, lol). Tech and Travis invite us to the after party, so we get directions and tell Travis we'll meet him after the show. So, we go back to the front and catch up with B.G. Bulletwound. We start telling him how his cd is doing on EBay, which causes him to call his boy and get boxes of his cd driven down to the concert. (To all who bought this cd, you're welcome!) He then takes a pic with us, and grabs me and Chris so the 3 of us can do a video for Stevie Stone, who played Saturday's show. Finally, after locking up all of our autographs and cds, it was time for the show....

Since we were first in line with Tragedy's little brother, we got to stand front and center the whole show. We met Slither (if she remembers us in the Chiefs jerseys ;) and a few other people who had came out for the show. First out was Chino and his hype man, who did a short, but great set. Next was B.G. Bulletwound, who tore it up as usual. Next was Empire, who I had not yet heard. All we knew was that Grant Rice was in it. Needless to say, we were blown away by them, and now are big fans. When Luna got cracked in the head with the ball bat, I thought for sure he was out, but he didn't miss a beat. We kept passing beers to Empire, which they thanked us after the show for. Kutt Calhoun then came out, and put on a hell of a show. After that was Project: Deadman, which we were highly anticipating. Prozak looked for me, C Wicked, and James, and sure enough, we all got to go on stage a few times each. Oh, and some girl did also... Anyways, next time I hope the crowd tries to catch people... I freakin' hit the floor the first time, and that shit sucked. But I just went back up and did it again. After that, Skatter & Snug came on, and got the crowd riled as usual. Before the show, C Wicked asked Skatter about his red & white KC hat, and Skatter said he could have it after the show. Once they finished playing, Skatter tossed the hat to C Wicked. Finally, Tech came out, and rocked that bitch. He kept coming over to me and C Wicked, and shaking our hands. (Yeah I know, he does this to a lot of people... But how many does he know and look for?) Plus, when the show stopped, and that guy was kicked out, that was crazy. I couldn't believe Tech followed him, talking shit... Hilarious. Anyways, once the show was over, we kicked it with some of the dancers out front. I picked up the Empire cd, and another B.G. one to have signed by him. Travis then showed up once the merch stand was down, and we followed them to the hotel. We chilled outside with PDM, Kutt, and Empire. Skatter & Snug went back to KC for the night, and Tech & Travis were inside. Some shit started happening w/ the police looking for Tech's security though, so the party was cut short and we bailed home....

(To be continued)

Sep 6, 2004
Saturday Show....

This time, we brought my friend Shaun, who was a virgin to the Tech N9ne shows. Before the show was mostly the same, with us kicking with some of the performers, and hanging out. We got to sell cds for Project: Deadman, and B.G. Bulletwound though. They're supposed to be hooking it up at the Warrensburg show for doin that, so we got Prozak's and B.G.'s #'s to get ahold of them when we get there. Anyways, we were behind some younger girls for this show. I treid warning them that I was going to be pulled on stage for the PDM set, and they just laughed at me. The guys all around me were psyched for it though. When I got on stage, the girls were in awe, and I told them to duck. They did, but I still ended up kicking one in the head.... I guess they should believe people next time. Anywyas, pretty much the same show all around, except Stevie Stone performed w/ Chino. I got props from Tech while he was onstage, since I was keeping up w/ him on "Psycho Bitch." When he performed "It's Alive," C Wicked got to sing a verse when Tech held out the mic for him. (C Wicked had on teh dark shirt that said "Crazy" and his sunglasses that night if any of you saw us. I had a bright red shirt with a skul; on it.). When "I'm a Playa" was performed and the chairs started flying, that shit was crazy, and uncalled for... The guy behind me got hit in the head with a flying beer bottle, so he had to leave the show also.

After the Saturday show, we hung out with Prozak, and C Wicked got to go on Tech's bus to hear the 4 new tracks from Everready, as paybak for getting Tech that cd. One of these was the new E-40 song, which he said kicked major ass. C Wicked also got to do a freestyle of one of his own songs for Tech. Tech liked it a lot, and told him to hook Travis up with that. We were supposed to go to the hotel after that, but wanted to get home. When we got to our car, James was with a dancer, hanging out. So, we took her to the hotel, and they were staying in Travis's room. We had some drinks with the girls, and Travis hung out for quite a while. Chris wrote his verses down for Travis, who the gave them to Tech soon after, when he came in the room. He didn't hang out long, but he said what's up to us. I don't know why, but it still amazes me that he remembers our names and stuff each time we see these guys. I guess I should be used to that by now. Anyways, the night winded down, and we again went back home.

All in all, both of these shows were the greatest Tech shows we had ever been to. I know I'm leaving out a shitload of details and stuff. If you guys have any questions or anything, feel free to ask. (And no, I can not give out anyone from Strange's numbers. Do not ask, lol.) We'll be at the Warrensburg show next Thursday, and we're considering making the drive for one of the St. Roberts shows. If anyone wants to get together or anything at these shows to say what's up, lemme know. Thanks for reading, everyone. I may try to upload the pics we took as well if anyone is interested in seeing them.

-Mikey P-