Money Order Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Ok, so I've never fucked w/ a money order in my life so I really don't know shit about them.

Anyway... my friend from Serbia bought a couple in Vermont before he came to visit me in MN. He wanted to buy a couple amps for his guitar. Long story short... he wrote them out wrong and now he needs a refund on them. I went to the MoneyGram site and printed off the refund forms you need to fill out. It asks for his name, addy, signature, etc. Thing is, he's not here anymore, he's back in Serbia and he wanted me to take care of it and order his amps for him and ship 'em back to Serbia.

So my question is... instead of forging his name on the refund forms, can I just use my own name? They ask for a copy of the money order receipt, which I have, but is there anyway in telling that I didn't buy them? Do you have to sign anything when you buy money orders? Or can I just pretend they are my money orders and sign my name to the refund form?

And no, I'm not tryin' rip my friend off, I just don't wanna get in any trouble if I use my name instead of his. Any info is appreciated. Thnx.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I just wanna know, when you buy a money order, do you have to sign anything? Is there any way of tracking who actually bought the damn thing?

May 2, 2002
I just wanna know, when you buy a money order, do you have to sign anything? Is there any way of tracking who actually bought the damn thing?
No, maam. Absolutely positively not. I mean, I'm sure the FBI could trace your credit card number if you happened to use that to pay for it, but if its cold hard cash, there's absolutely no way it can be traced.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
No, maam. Absolutely positively not. I mean, I'm sure the FBI could trace your credit card number if you happened to use that to pay for it, but if its cold hard cash, there's absolutely no way it can be traced.
Yup. I know people who use to cash in their drug money by using money orders.

Unless you pay with a CC, all you do is hand them your cash, they print out the money order and hand it to you. From then on, only you (or your friend in this case) would be the one writing on it, or certifying anything.

You should be good to go if you say the money orders are yours. But calling the help line isn't a bad idea either.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Thank you, that's all I needed to know. Appreciate your help.