Modesto: Worst City in America...Again

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
here is what makes modesto and the surrounding area bad:
High unemployment
Hot weather
Its dusty, probably bad for people with allergies.
crime
gang problems
Plummetting real estate value
no nightlife
etc

Dec 21, 2006
modesto is actually not that bad.. i lived there for 15 years then moved to stockton..so after living in stockton for the past 5 years(i didnt know how good i had it down there)

Nov 27, 2006
St. Louis is pretty shitty too. I got a girl that lives out there and i visited her last month, and all i can say is wow, wut a piece of shit city. If she didnt sex me up then there is no way id ever go back to STL lmao

Oct 17, 2005
www.brownpriderap.com
Modesto's a pretty big city, so like anywhere else there are good and bad parts. So it all depends on where you live. This was the Modesto metro area, which includes the whole county.

Ceres ain't bad at all. There are a few bad areas, like El Campo and 10th St, but I would walk through almost any part of Ceres at any time of the day.

The bad parts of Stanislaus County are South Modesto, East Modesto (Airport), West Modesto, Highway Village (In Modesto), Southside Turlock, and a few smaller neighborhoods throughout the other cities.

I would say that overall Stockton is worse as far as crime goes. In Modesto, the southern 1/2 of the city is all bad, and above that it is mostly good with a few bad neighborhoods sprinkled throughout. In Stockton it is just the Far-North side that is good and even there there are some bad areas. But this ranking is based on crime, economy, unemployment, air quality, etc. It's considered the worst place to live.

Even though those other places like Detroit might have higher crime rates n other shit, there is a lot more they are considering than just that.

Hex4dub, which part of Modesto did you live in?