MOBSTABILITY 2! KOCH RECORDS!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
This should be dope!
KOCH RECORDS SIGNS TWISTA’S SPEEDKNOT MOBSTAZ
IN CONJUNCTION WITH GET MONEY GANG

NEW ALBUM, "MOBSTABILITY II: NATION BIZNESS"
TO BE RELEASED ON MARCH 18TH, 2008

(New York, NY) — KOCH Records and Get Money Gang are pleased to announce the release of Twista Presents The Speedknot Mobstaz - Mobstability II: Nation Bizness on March 18th, 2008. The Speedknot Mobstaz are a two emcee collective consisting of Liffy Stokes and Mayz. This release is the first under Twista’s new entrepreneurial venture and label Get Money Gang (GMG).

The first single, “Money To Blow,” will be serviced to urban radio shortly.

Liffy and Mayz met Twista early on in their native Chicago, and when they all found themselves in the same studio while Twista was recording his Atlantic debut, Adrenaline Rush, the Speedknot Mobstaz were born. The Mobstaz were featured on Adrenaline Rush and also began working on their group album, Mobstability, which was released in 1998. Mobstability was well received by fans and painted vivid images of Crook County (Cook County) street life over grimy instrumental canvasses. Mobstability ultimately sold over 700,000 units and was certified gold by the RIAA. The album also produced “In Your World,” which was featured on the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack.

After the Atlantic Records debut, the Mobstaz were involved in the Twista Presents…Volumes 1, 2 and 3 compilation albums. Volumes 1 and 2 sold nearly half a million copies combined. After these compilations, the Mobstaz soon began touring with Twista and working on his next two albums, Kamikaze and The Day After, helping propel the albums to over two a and half million in sales internationally. They also appeared on Adrenaline Rush 2007.

Mobstability II: Nation Bizness features Twista and rap superstar Jim Jones, plus production from Chicago producer Cuzzo and the team from China White Productions. Liffy and Mayz are ready to serve their fans with another dose of street knowledge. “The album is the streets just like the first one was,” says Mayz. “We don’t have to create a fake image; we just have to let our soul speak to the people.”

This announcement is brought to you courtesy of
Koch Records, Get Money Gang & ChiBangin.com - Chicago's Official Rap Site

May 30, 2006
I remember the first Speed Knot Mobsters. That shit was trash. I was in the record store listning to the shit & was smh the whole time. After that I listened 2 Bizzy Bones Heavens Movie. That was the first CD I ever heard where every song was wack. That day I ended up buying Laroo's first album that dropped on Awol. That shit was major fire.

Feb 8, 2003
I remember the first Speed Knot Mobsters. That shit was trash. I was in the record store listning to the shit & was smh the whole time. After that I listened 2 Bizzy Bones Heavens Movie. That was the first CD I ever heard where every song was wack..
Your like the only person I ever seen with that opinion on those two classic albums.

What do you like since you think everything is trash?

May 30, 2006
I don't think everything is trash. But when I saw the SKM old video-the one with the old NWA beat I thought it was gonna be tight. When I heard it I was like "Fuck no!" I never really been a fan of Bizzy Bone but I did give Heavens Movie a listen & wasn't feeling none of them songs.

And I don't think everything is trash. I just said I bout Laroo's album that was on Awol. I Wasn't even expecting much either & that shit was hard. Nobody could deny that shit if they heard it. I'd put that CD up against SKM first album & Heavens Movie even to this day.

Feb 8, 2003
I don't think everything is trash. But when I saw the SKM old video-the one with the old NWA beat I thought it was gonna be tight. When I heard it I was like "Fuck no!" I never really been a fan of Bizzy Bone but I did give Heavens Movie a listen & wasn't feeling none of them songs.

And I don't think everything is trash. I just said I bout Laroo's album that was on Awol. I Wasn't even expecting much either & that shit was hard. Nobody could deny that shit if they heard it. I'd put that CD up against SKM first album & Heavens Movie even to this day.
That N.W.A reamke was weak, Ill admit that, But I thought the rest of it was pretty good. Which Laroo was you talking about I used to ahve all that AWOL ish and when one of my cd books got stolen in 1999 I lost it all and couldnt find taht or taht Pizzo again