MN Kaliko

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dan-o

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2004
So digging for shows to go to, because clearly that's all there is for fun in this shit hole state. I came across a Krizz Kaliko show Feb. 25th at the rock in Maplewood it is a little over two weeks away and I haven't heard to much hype for the show but I hope to go. Does anybody else plan on going ?

Dan-o

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2004
I am in St. Cloud. We have a mall and bars that's it. I don't party or get high everyday and go to school with 2 jobs. The choices on what I can do are small.

Dec 15, 2004
Tickets are $20 in advance $25 at the door. Killa Capone Dynasty and a few other are opening. It will be a good show. I just got hooked up with flyers and tickets for the show. That day of the bone show is on a wend. or thursday. No opening acts have been announced for the show, so I dunno if I am going yet.

Oct 30, 2009
The Rock sucks as a nightclub, too bad the Myth got shut down. MN needs to invest in a few quality spots that arent in downtown Minneapolis. Maplewood was a nice little spot for a good ass club, but there needs to be more then these lame ass, small ass clubs like The Rock. Would love to see Krizz on a bigger stage, but i guess you work with what your given. Shit, take your show to First Ave, i will dodge a few bullets and push away a few begging bums to get into that tiny ass place...but at least it will be well worth the 20 bucks.

Nov 14, 2003
The Rock sucks as a nightclub, too bad the Myth got shut down. MN needs to invest in a few quality spots that arent in downtown Minneapolis. Maplewood was a nice little spot for a good ass club, but there needs to be more then these lame ass, small ass clubs like The Rock. Would love to see Krizz on a bigger stage, but i guess you work with what your given. Shit, take your show to First Ave, i will dodge a few bullets and push away a few begging bums to get into that tiny ass place...but at least it will be well worth the 20 bucks.
i got burnt out on the rock. both of the bands that i was a roadie for used to play there about every other week. wonder if i could get into this show for free... i didn't pay to get into the last 4-5 shows that I went to at the rock. i also haven't been there in about 6 months.

could always try to get into the varsity theater. that is a decent size club (1500?), and it is right on the U of M campus.

Dec 15, 2004
I am going for sure. I hate the fact that the rock is really the only standing room venue open with an area big enough to play for local groups. I wish we had something like it in St. Cloud. Any one with dope music venues in your city, you are blessed never take them for granted. In St. Cloud we have bull shit. Just saying the rock isn't that bad it could be better. I wish they had more for promotion though. Strange sent flyer's for their show. I mean like their rock shows could use a lot of flyering but i guess it isn't their job.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I stopped going to The Rock for local gigs a long time ago. Actually, it was when they started charging 10 dollars for cover charges to see local gigs. Fuck that. That never made any sense to me... they used to charge like 5 bucks (which to me is resonable for a local gig) but then they started charging 7 to 10 dollars for local acts. 10 more dollars and you can see a fuckin' NATIONAL act in the same venue... just don't make sense. Oh and they always jack the fuckin' drink prices way high when National acts come, fuckers. I like the venue itself, the way its laid out and whatnot (minus the new "VIP" section, lol, what a joke!), but everything else sucks, including some of their power tripping faggoty bouncers. Calvin's coo' though :)

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I am going for sure. I hate the fact that the rock is really the only standing room venue open with an area big enough to play for local groups. I wish we had something like it in St. Cloud. Any one with dope music venues in your city, you are blessed never take them for granted. In St. Cloud we have bull shit. Just saying the rock isn't that bad it could be better. I wish they had more for promotion though. Strange sent flyer's for their show. I mean like their rock shows could use a lot of flyering but i guess it isn't their job.
I've never been there, but I hear the Red Carpet is coo'??? No?

Nov 14, 2003
I've never been there, but I hear the Red Carpet is coo'??? No?
i was just going to say, The Red Carpet, or The Rox. The Rox is kind of small though, maybe a 500 capacity. Never been inside The Red Carpet, but I know there have been a few national acts that have gone through there, so they must be about the size of The Rock. I've never paid attention to how much The Rock charged for local acts. Most I ever remember paying was $8 I think. I might have paid $10 at the Autotoxin CD release show, but I'm not sure on that. Only reason I paid was because if they hit 400 people in the door they got a bigger percentage of the door + bar totals. Still can't believe they said there were only 180ish people there, looked like a HELL of a lot more people then that.

Dec 15, 2004
The red carpet is upscale, nice place. I can't lie, they have had 2 live crew there before. I am excited for the show tonight hope to see you all there.

Nov 14, 2003
i will not be going, i work 10PM-7AM this week. was hoping to finish the work we had to do a day early so i wouldn't have to go in tonight, but that didn't happen.

Feb 21, 2006
great show... thanks to everyone who came out....

UPCOMING SHOWS

SOUNDSICK 2010
KING GORDY PROZAK MARS LIQUID ASSASSIN POTLUCK PROZAK AND MANY MORE

KUTT CALHOUN ST PATTYS DAY