MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol @ the Reebok payouts from last night. It's a crime when legends like Big Nog and Shogun only get 10k sponsorship dollars and Lil Nog only 5k.

Champ Ronda Rousey ($40,000) def. Bethe Correia ($30,000)

Mauricio Rua ($10,000) def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ($5,000)

Glaico Franca ($2,500) def. Fernando Bruno ($2,500)

Reginaldo Vieira ($2,500) def. Dileno Lopes ($2,500)

Stefan Struve ($10,000) def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira ($10,000)

Antonio Silva ($5,000) def. Soa Palelei ($5,000)

Claudia Gadelha ($2,500) def. Jessica Aguilar ($2,500)

Demian Maia ($20,000) def. Neil Magny ($10,000)

Patrick Cummins ($5,000) def. Rafael Cavalcante ($5,000)

Warlley Alves ($2,500) def. Nordine Taleb ($2,500)

Iuri Alcantara ($10,000) def. Leandro Issa ($2,500)

Vitor Miranda ($2,500) def. Clint Hester ($5,000)

Guido Cannetti ($2,500) def. Hugo Viana ($5,000)

Apr 25, 2002
that Diaz Khabib fight has to happen now. Diaz needs to go back to his roots and just submit that dude since Khabibs gonna take him down. Nate was never off the map but that win would make him a legitimate contender.

Pettis and Khabib both really want that dude and those 2 dudes are on top. he needs to get it together.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
can see nick throw a beer at khabib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtYXh27ISM

khabib trying to go for the takedown around 43 seconds against nate gets stuffed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVMRh-vYfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkrNxd4Oh0
My wife and I were there and saw that shit lmao. We were waiting at Halo Bar just outside Axis (where the event was), waiting for my boy Mikey Rukus (collaborated with Zardonic for the WSOF theme song) when it happened!

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Diego Sanchez heads to featherweight, meets Ricardo Lamas at UFC Fight Night 79

Diego Sanchez is set to make his debut in his fourth different UFC weight class.

Sanchez (25-7 MMA, 14-7 UFC), who won “The Ultimate Fighter 1″ as a middleweight and eventually made an unsuccessful lightweight title bid, is heading to 145 pounds for a fight with former title challenger Ricardo Lamas (15-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 79.

UFC officials today announced the bout.

UFC Fight Night 79 takes place Nov. 21 at Monterrey Arena in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The main card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

Sanchez, who recently discussed his planned move to featherweight as a way to open new fight opportunities, is on the mend following his collarbone surgery. Stuck in a 1-3 skid with losses to the likes of Jake Ellenberger and Gilbert Melendez, he rebounded in Juny 2014 with a split-decision victory over Ross Pearson (though every major media outlet scored it for Pearson, according to MMADecisions.com).

He now meets Lamas, who rebounded from an early 2014 title loss to champ Jose Aldo with back-to-back wins over Hacran Dias and Dennis Bermudez. However, back in April, the 33-year-old WEC vet, who’s ranked No. 6 in the NOS Energy Drink MMA featherweight rankings, suffered a TKO loss to recent title challenger Chad Mendes.

The latest UFC Fight Night 79 card includes:

Matt Brown vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Ricardo Lamas vs. Diego Sanchez
Efrain Escudero vs. Leandro Silva
TBA vs. TBA – “TUF: Latin America 2″ lightweight final
TBA vs. TBA – “TUF: Latin America 2″ welterweight final

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
so, this is this Saturday...

MAIN CARD

FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Glover Teixeira
Beneil Dariush vs. Michael Johnson
Sam Alvey vs. Derek Brunson
Timothy Johnson vs. Jared Rosholt
Chris Camozzi vs. Tom Watson
Ray Borg vs. Geane Herrera

PRELIMINARY CARD

FOX Spots 2, 8 p.m. ET
Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Uriah Hall
Sara McMann vs. Amanda Nunes
Willie Gates vs. Dustin Ortiz
Sirwan Kakai vs. Frankie Saenz

PRELIMINARY CARD

UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET
Jonathan Wilson vs. Chris Dempsey
Roman Salazar vs. Marlon Vera
Anthony Christodoulou vs. Scott Holtzman

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006

Fedor Emelianenko's return to MMA has caused frenzy amongst fans and pundits as they attempted to decipher the Russian heavyweight legend's reasons for returning to professional MMA. Some wondered whether it was a financial necessity, while other pondered whether the ‘Last Emperor' was just not ready to remain retired for the rest of his life.
During a Q&A session at a youth forum in the North Caucasus, where he was an honoured guest, Fedor revealed the reasons for his return, as well as whom he consulted with prior to finalizing his decision.
"The desire to fight in my blood," Fedor responded when asked about his return. "I'm in the sport for 11 years - my whole life is training and competition. Over the years, there has been a thirst not only to participate in battles, but also to transfer their knowledge and skills. After consulting with trainers, with the support of the family, I decided to return.
"I must admit that I still had a long talk with my wife to get her support. But I found the words and persuaded Xenia. It generally supports me in every endeavor. And my mother ... my mother is very worried. Immediately I call, she learned. But in the end, too, I took my decision."The former Pride FC heavyweight champion also noted that multiple promotions have bid for his services and that negotiations are underway with the UFC, as well as several other North American and Japanese promotions.
"Now this is being negotiated, in particular with the UFC, as well as some other promotions. I think it will soon be finally determined. As for the opponent, I would say that desire must comply opportunities. I would like to face the strongest fighters in the world - UFC champion Fabricio Werdum. Given that over three years, I did not fight during the first fight I would like to get involved, check for myself.

"So now I'll regain my shape after returning from "Mashuk" [youth forum] and will then begin a scheduled training camp."

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/5...otiations-in-process-fabricio-werdum-mma-news