MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
and I shall be there.

I'm amped up for this. The only other UFC show I've been to was UFC 145 Bones vs. Rashad in Atlanta. The atmosphere at the event is awesome.

thats dope g. im tryna fuck with this San Jo UFC but i aint ever been to one. i went to Elite XC back in '08 or so in Stockton. stacked card tho. Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler, Bigfoot Silva, and Cyborgs first fight in america when she beat Shayna Baszlers ass. fine ass Gina Carano was there. shit was legit.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
thats dope g. im tryna fuck with this San Jo UFC but i aint ever been to one. i went to Elite XC back in '08 or so in Stockton. stacked card tho. Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler, Bigfoot Silva, and Cyborgs first fight in america when she beat Shayna Baszlers ass. fine ass Gina Carano was there. shit was legit.
i went to the cyborg vs gina fight the whole crowd was booing when she lost had a great time but was pissed gina lost to wanderlei

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Cole Miller out at UFC Fight Night 46, Conor McGregor now meets Diego Brandao

Cole Miller (21-8 MMA, 10-6 UFC) has been forced out of a planned matchup with Conor McGregor (14-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC), and Diego Brandao (18-9 MMA, 4-2 UFC) has agreed to step in as a replacement opponent.

The new matchup now headlines UFC Fight Night 46, which takes place July 19 at The O2 in Dublin. The entire event is expected to stream on UFC Fight Pass in the U.S.

UFC officials today announced the change and revealed that Miller ha suffered torn ligaments in his hand and is currently in a full cast. Despite the change, UFC President remains optimistic the fight will be a barnburner.

“Diego Brandao is explosive and a well-rounded fighter,” White stated. “This should be a war.”

McGregor fights for the first time since he tore his ACL in a winning effort against Max Holloway this past August and was forced into rehab. He’ll have the added pressure of fighting in his native Ireland.

Meanwhile, Brandao returns to action after being forced out of this past weekend’s TUF Brazil 3 Finale event in Brazil. The Brazilian slugger looks to rebound from a loss to Dustin Poirier in December. “The Ultimate Fighter 14″ winner badly missed weight (151.5 pounds) for the fight and then suffered a first-round knockout, which halted a three-fight winning streak.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Dana White: Jon Jones wants Daniel Cormier instead of Alexander Gustafsson

It’s not contract negotiations holding up a potential rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (20-1 MMA, 14-1 UFC) and Alexander Gustafsson (16-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC), according to Dana White.

The UFC president today told UFC.com that instead, it’s Jones’ desire to fight Daniel Cormier (15-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) rather than Gustafsson.

“Just to clear up a couple things, people think we’re in contract negotiations with Jon Jones – we’re not,” he said. “Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract. So what we’re doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn’t want to fight Gustafsson. … Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he’s asking to fight Cormier instead.”

(The reason people thought the delay was due to contract negotiations was because that’s what White said a week ago. “We’re doing a new deal with him,” White said on May 24 when asked about the holdup.)

Fans have been clamoring for the Jones-Gustafsson rematch ever since their September scrap at UFC 165 ended in a “Fight of the Year” candidate – and a very narrow win for Jones.

However, former heavyweight Cormier entered the title picture following his UFC 173 victory over Dan Henderson, which moved “DC” to 2-0 at light heavyweight and 15-0 overall. Although Cormier was expected to fight the Jones-Gustafsson winner, “Bones” has expressed interest in fighting the Olympian and former Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix winner first.

The UFC, meanwhile, had long been planning on a Jones-Gustafsson rematch – pending wins for each fighter in their most recent bouts. In March Gustafsson took care of his half of the bargain, knocking out Jimi Manuwa in London. And in April, Jones dominated Glover Teixeira at UFC 172 to set up the rematch.

This past month, officials said they were planning for it to finally take place Aug. 30 at UFC 177 in Las Vegas and that Jones simply needed to accept it.

However, it appears Jones, who’s been relatively quiet in recent weeks, prefers a different opponent.

Gustafsson, meanwhile, keeps pressing for the rematch.

Nov 8, 2007

I'll be at the San Jo one on the 14th. The card looks nice, and the main event is going to be a fight.

RM211 @RM211 I just read that Dana stated Gus is next. I fuck with Jones and I hope he fights both regardless of the outcome. These two fights are going to be intense.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
I'll be at the San Jo one on the 14th. The card looks nice, and the main event is going to be a fight.

RM211 @RM211 I just read that Dana stated Gus is next. I fuck with Jones and I hope he fights both regardless of the outcome. These two fights are going to be intense.
san jo one is july 26

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson II set for UFC 178 in Toronto

The rematch is on, and it’s taking place in Canada.

UFC officials today announced that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, despite previously expressing interest in instead facing Daniel Cormier, has agreed to face Alexander Gustafsson in the headlining bout of UFC 178.

It was previously announced that UFC 178 takes place Sept. 27 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view.

UFC officials had previously announced they were targeting a UFC 177 slot on Aug. 30 for the contest, but Jones’ prior commitments led him to ask for a later date.

“I think Cormier is the tougher fighter, but the fans want to see me fight Gustafsson,” Jones stated. “There was never an issue with taking the Gustafsson fight. The issue was that my brother is getting married in July, and I would have preferred a later date. I didn’t want to go this early, and I would have preferred to go later in October or November.

“It is what it is. We have a date now, Sept 27. This was a personal decision for me. I will be at my brother’s wedding and have a proper training camp.”

While it’s currently unknown if Cormier will take another fight in the interim or wait his turn, instead, UFC President Dana White confirmed “DC” is up next if Jones is able to repeat his victory over Gustafsson.

“Obviously, Jon is right: This if the fight the fans want to see,” White stated. “The great thing about this is we get Jones vs. Gustafsson, and if Jones beats Gustafsson, we get Jones vs Cormier. Two great fights in the light heavyweight division with three of the baddest guys in the world – the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world and champion Jon Jones and the No. 1 and No. 2 contenders.”

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006

Props for JBJ for taking the rematch, at the end of the day it makes the most sense anyways, I was just hoping Jones wasn't gonna run from Gus any longer. He took a beating in the 1st fight!

Feb 10, 2006
Chael will have his excuses ready for UFC Tonight lol...Chael makes fun of Wandy for running from the NSAC, now he testes positive for two illegal substances and now Vitor might not even get a license to fight in Las Vegas. This is crazy! If Belfort gets his license after all this madness, i would like to see him and Rockhold 2 or Bisping 2. Since they talk the most shit about Vitor and being that he was on TRT that it was a fluke.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The shit Chael tested positive for are used for post cycle shit after TRT. The dude got taken off of TRT by the NSAC and had to take them to get his levels straight.

NSAC are morons. They ban TRT and then don't allow the shit needed to get him straight. He didn't piss hot for anything Performance Enhancing.

The UFC even has Chael's back on this.