Mixer question?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 30, 2003
www.soundclick.com
After I plug my mic cord in to the compressor and then plug that in to the mixer (using a mic cord)... NOW what cords/adaptors do I need to buy so I can plug the mixer into my computer to record my vocals on acid pro and/or cool edit?

^^^ do I even have that in the right order compressor to mixer to computer? Or is it mixer to compressor to computer??? and in that case what cords/adaptors do I need?

Thankz

BTW you guyz are probably gunna be hearing a lot more from me seeing that I am putting together a "studio" for the first time... :confused:

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Compressor>Mixer (Channel Insert)
Mic>Mixer (XLR) or (1/4" Line In)
Mixer>Soundcard (Tape Out>Tape In) Via: RCA Cable

You can also connect it by a 1/4" in the Line/Main Out on the mixer into your soundcard.

Apr 25, 2002
Yes, compressor -> mixer -> computer will work. What cables you need depends on what connectors your mixer-out and audio-in on your audio interface uses. Your mixer outs are probably 1/4" and audio-ins are usually rca for consumer-grade, 1/4" for professional-grade interfaces.

What mixer & audio interface do you have?

Dec 30, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Mr. Samos said:
Compressor>Mixer (Channel Insert)
Mic>Mixer (XLR) or (1/4" Line In)
Mixer>Soundcard (Tape Out>Tape In) Via: RCA Cable

You can also connect it by a 1/4" in the Line/Main Out on the mixer into your soundcard.

good lookin out on the feedback Mr.Samos... but I didnt' really understan what you said...

Sick Wid It said:
Yes, compressor -> mixer -> computer will work. What cables you need depends on what connectors your mixer-out and audio-in on your audio interface uses. Your mixer outs are probably 1/4" and audio-ins are usually rca for consumer-grade, 1/4" for professional-grade interfaces.

What mixer & audio interface do you have?

thankz for the info Sick Wid It...

1. What iz my audio interface?
2.heres a pic of my mixer...

3. So what would I need get to plug that mixer into my computer?

Thankz for the help yall........

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Sorry you couldn't understand my first post, I made it perfectly clear.

Your Audio Interface, as in Digidesign, M-Audio, Ediol, Emu, etc. Or your soundcard.

I remember my Eurotrack days, I used to have the 602A like 4 years ago when I got started. That is a piece of cake to setup. Take a dual RCA cable with the (L/R) channel and plug it in on the Tape Out, and connect the other end to your soundcard. Personally it's a better connection than the 1/4" Main Out, especially on that mixer. You can also take a dual 1/4" Plug and connect it in on the L/R Main Out and then into your soundcard.

The Mixer to Soundcard cable:

Dual RCA Cable:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=41/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/333025/

Or.

1/4" Plug

http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSCPP20

Hope that helps,

Samos