Midi Keyboards question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
Im pickin one up and i need some advice. Im thinkin about the radium 49. at the moment i got a soundblaster live!, will i face latency issues or will i be able to fix them? Also can anyone tell me a little about the radium49, how it feels, is it durable, is it fairly high quality, etc.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
i have an oxygen8 and its pretty much the same as the radium49, except for the number of keys and assignablr sliders...since its a midi controller you shouldn't have and problems as long as you have some sort of midi port on you computer (standard midi ports, joystick/midi port on your soundcard) and most likely it'll come with the usb/midi cable, which inables you to use it with you computer via a usb port...

as far as the feel of it, i can't speak on since i haven't played with many keyboards...but i'm sure somebody else can help you on that one...

Apr 25, 2002
The Radium49 is meant to be a budget controller so I'd assume its feel is comparable.

As far as your SoundBlaster Live, yes you'll have latency issues and no you won't be able to fix them without upgrading your audio interface. The good news is it's an inexpensive upgrade, especially if you buy used. There's lots of information already posted on this subject so you should do a search of the forum and read up.

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
i got an M-Audio at guitar center for a bill.

scince we're on the topic of controllers, how does the M-Audio stack up???

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Thats wierd, I ran my controller straight into my USB and never had he slightest latency issue, I was only running one program through a PC with 2.53GHZ/768 Ram.

Any Audio interface should be able to solve that problem though if you have it

On the subject of MIDI controllers I want that new Korg Microcontrol49, It costs like 4 bills but damn it looks and feels nice!

Apr 25, 2002
You have to understand that most consumer-grade audio interfaces arn't designed with the intent that you're going to use them for midi production. Yes, most of them have latency issues and no, you can't eliminate the problem without upgrading from those shitty cards. You can adjust the buffer settings on some cards but the issue itself is based in hardware limitations, not software.