Mexican Music Banda, Ranchera, Kumbias, Tex-Mex

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
I skimmed through the whole thread real quick, so Ive been checkin em out on youtube past couple dayz.
Been lookin for some Cumbia music, wonder if any of you guys can help me out, so far I like...
Angeles Azules. 'llorar llorar' what got me started
Sonora Dinamita
Los Mirlos
Segundo Rosero
More groups would be nice to know about.

I tried out some Rancheros but jus only...
Ramon Ayala. He good, got different style
Los Originales de San Juan. Nice music
Los Tigres del Norte.

I dont know what it is but now Im really leaning towards some Corridos!!!
Los Humildes. I really like this group
Los Alegres del Barranco
Los Alegres de la Sierra
Larry Hernandez
I got more on my list but these guys Im catchin on right now

Also if I categorized any of them wronng let me know, I want to know what Im really listening to. Thanks for all the info on the thread, been tryin something different now.

Dec 26, 2004
Is there a certain Corrido comp like CD to start off with? I want to check out several groups not jus one at a time as Im checkin out the Latin sections now at the music stores N jus a bit lost still. Thanks

When I head to a powwow Ill bump this hella loud see what looks I get. lol

martin_07n

Tachas y Perico
Feb 20, 2006
Tacos Sinaloa
www.siccness.net

http://www.mediafire.com/?yexkarfm53l83r3
01 - Matar O Morir
02 - El Valdo
03 - Al Frente Y De Frente
04 - Diganle
05 - El Sol De Mayo
06 - El Tigre
07 - El Cartel Del Poder
08 - El Legado De Loera
09 - El Comando Del Diablo
10 - No Me Falten Al Respeto
11 - Los Tres Mandos (Dueto Con Regulo Caro Y Goyo Gastelum)
12 - Rasguño En La Espalda
13 - El Tiempo Contigo
14 - Lo Que Tu Me Pidas
15 - Que Te Paso
16 - El Comando Del Diablo (Dueto Con Gerardo Ortiz)

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
for my folks.....

http://www.corrientelatina.com/es/los-tigeres-del-norte-haciendo-mtv-unplugged.html

Los Tigeres Del Norte haciendo MTV Unplugged

Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas (formerly MTV Tr3s) announced today that the legends of Regional Mexican music, Los Tigres del Norte, will join the list of spectacular performances for the critically-acclaimed "MTV Unplugged" series. The "Los Tigres del Norte and Friends: MTV Unplugged" is set to tape in Los Angeles in the first quarter of 2011. The special will air on Tr3s, MTV & VH1 Latin America and MTV Spain.
"Los Tigres del Norte and Friends: MTV Unplugged" will feature Juanes, Calle 13, Zack de la Rocha (Rage Against the Machine/One Day as a Lion) and Andres Calamaro, among others, who will join the group for an intimate performance of some of their greatest hits including "La Puerta Negra", "Lagrimas del Corazon", "Golpes en el Corazon", "Senor Locutor", "La Jaula de Oro" and "America", among many others. The multiple Grammy award-winning group will also embrace a message of peace with a performance of "Perdonen mi Canto".
"Los Tigres del Norte's storytelling has become legendary and serves as the soundtrack to the lives of multiple generations of Hispanics living in the US," commented Jesus Lara, Senior Vice President of Music & Talent Strategy for Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas. "This event will mark a historical moment for the Mexican music culture and we are honored to add this musical milestone to the 'MTV Unplugged' franchise."
"We're thrilled to join the extraordinary list of artists that have performed on the 'MTV Unplugged' stage, and bring Regional Mexican Music to such a celebrated concert series. We are looking forward to the opportunity to revisit many special moments in our career, while also creating new interpretations with a wide array of special guests," commented Los Tigres del Norte.
Juanes commented, "Los Tigres are the rock of the culture. It's an honor to join them for this 'Unplugged'. I love their music, attitude and career."
Charlie Singer, SVP of Content and Creative for Tr3s, will serve as Executive Producer, and Jesus Lara as Co-Producer of the "Los Tigres del Norte and Friends: MTV Unplugged". The show's Producer will be Audrey Morrisey from Live Animals, which will also serve as the production company.

Juanes has become the leading all-Spanish language music artist in the world over the course of the last decade, often mentioned alongside artists such as Bono and Bruce Springsteen for his belief in the possibility of social change through music. With more than 15 million albums sold and a slew of Grammy and Latin Grammy wins, Juanes' new album "P.A.R.C.E." is already getting high praise and topping the Billboard charts. The album's first single "Yerbatero" (unveiled to a global audience at the World Cup) has reached#1 in 19 countries, and according to Billboard, the new second single "Y No Regresas" has already charted as Juanes' 17th Top-5 title on the Latin Pop-Airplay Chart.

Calle 13 revolutionized Urban Latino music five years ago with their breakthrough debut and continues to speak as the uncensored voice of their generation. With two GRAMMY and ten LATIN GRAMMY awards to their credit, Rolling Stone has described the two brothers as "hitmakers with globe-trotting tastes, a riotous sense of humor & unstoppable groove," while Slate recognizes Calle 13 as "one of the sharpest hip-hop acts in any language." With the recent release of their fourth album "Entren Los Que Quieren," (Everyone Is Welcome), Calle 13 continue to shock the Latin music establishment (as they did with the controversial video for "Calma Pueblo") and demonstrate why NPR recently declared the Puerto Rican stars as: "one of the most exciting and creative groups to hit the Latin Alternative scene in the last decade... much more than a band of musicians: They are poets, fighters, comedians, journalists, satirists and political activists... Calle 13 is exactly what Latin music needs right now: an injection of rebellion, thought and real sexuality."

Zack de la Rocha, known as the lyricist and vocalist of Rage Against The Machine, is an American musician, poet and activist of Mexican, German and Irish descent. He has spent a majority of his adult life dedicated to the revolutionary movement for social, political and ethnic reform for minorities. Using music as his platform for change, the vocalist for the Grammy Award winning, multi-platinum rock band Rage Against the Machine and One Day As A Lion has organized campaigns like The Sound Strike, rallying against Arizona's SB1070 immigration law, and is a proud supporter of United Farm Workers and the National Day Laborer Organizing Network.
From his early beginnings as a keyboardist for Raices, at just 17, to a successful solo career,

Andres Calamaro has become one of the top Spanish rock musicians of our time. A Latin Grammy and Gardel winner, Calamaro is currently showcasing his latest album, "On The Rock", which is posting among his bestselling albums and increasing his fan base throughout Latin America.

About Los Tigres del Norte The New York Times hails Los Tigres del Norte as "[Regional Mexican] music's greatest statesmen... Los Tigres sell millions of records, regularly top Billboard's Latin charts and draw tens of thousands of fans to stadiums... In short, they are among the most popular acts in Latin music today". In fact, with more then 500 recorded songs to their credit, Los Tigres del Norte have sold over 35 Million albums worldwide - while notching 21 #1 albums and more than 50 #1 singles. Originally hailing from Sinaloa, Mexico and comprised of brothers Jorge, Hernan, Edurado, and Luis Hernandez, plus cousin Oscar Lara, the band has continually chronicled the real-life stories of love and hardship experienced by the immigrant community - with many of the tales passed on directly by their fans. Their gritty realism and plain-spokenness led Billboard magazine to call Los Tigres the world's "most influential Regional Mexican band - widely viewed as the voice of the people." Los Tigres del Norte has received multiple GRAMMY and LATIN GRAMMY awards, and was awarded the Latin Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007. Demonstrating their continued standing at the forefront of the genre, Los Tigres has actually won the last four consecutive GRAMMY Awards for Best Norteno Album, while both their most recent album "La Granja" and its title track/f irst single again topped the charts at #1.

About Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas, owned and operated by MTV Networks Latin America, reaches 6.3 million Hispanic TV households (49% of US Hispanic Total TV HH) and 35 million total TV households. The network's programming embraces the trilogy of cultures that represents Latino life - Latin American plus American equals US Latino - through original productions, key acquisitions, and content from MTV Networks' portfolio of entertainment brands. Tr3s embraces the key lifestyle aspects of Latino identity -- milestones, making it and music -- as well as social responsibility through its initiative "Agentes de Cambio", which tackles issues that affect Latinos today. The network also taps into the growing number of Latinos that are digitally connected thru www.tr3s.com .