Metallica

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
thanks to "one" being on the new guitar hero i was inspired to break out all my old metallica albums. didnt have any expectations givin the fact that since my recent interest in rock music alot of bands i used to love have fallen out of favor...metallica is one of those bands.havent listened to them in hella long due their newer work turning me off to them...so with that said i will say this:

holy shit they are dope...haha

anything before the black album is classic. think people lose sight of that thanks to their new shit being so watered down but albums like ...and justice for all and ride the lighting have just one great song after another on them. no matter how many times i hear for whom the bell tolls it never gets old. same can go for songs like fade to black and harvester of sorrow.

anyway,dont really know where i am going with this but been listening to them all day,had a re-awakening kinda like i had with maiden earlier this year. some bands just always come full circle with me.

May 15, 2002
I feel you on that. Metallica is easily my favorite band of all time (first 4 albums, everything after is kinda gay). No matter what else I listen to and for how long, I always come back to them..same goes for Alice in Chains. I just just listening to Justice yesterday actually...kick some fucking ass!

Apr 25, 2002
Why do you hate on the Black Album? That is fuckin' full of masterpieces. On another note, Fade to Black is easily one of the best metal songs ever.......

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
nothing,think i just worded it funny,meant for the black album to be included in those "pre-suck" days

dont even know what album came after the black album so couldnt even say it the way i would of wanted,haha

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I listen to all their stuff up until and including the black album. After that though I can't stand the rest of their catalog. It might as well be a different band between before and after the black album.

Hardcore Metallica fans are some of the worst fans too. I went to school with a kid that was the biggest Metallica groupie to walk the face of the earth.

Oct 6, 2005
Kill 'em all... What can I say... Love that shit... 'The horsemen are drawing nearer/ on leather steeds they ride/ they've come to take your life...'

Apr 25, 2002
Metallica's "My Friend of Misery" is one of their greatest. It's one of the Black Album songs that isn't mentioned much, but it might be the best song on the album.......

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Just a little FYI for those who may not already know...

July 23, 2008
Here it is! The Track Listing For METALLICA's "Death Magnetic"... wait, still no date?!

Metallica released the track list for their new album, Death Magnetic, earlier today after a sheet music site accidentally revealed and then deleted the track listing. The song titles on the Rick Rubin-produced album follow Metallica's usual dark themes of nightmares and death, but one track name sticks out right away: "The Unforgiven III," which follows the black album’s “Unforgiven” and ReLoad’s “Unforgiven II.”
The record is due in September, and as previously reported, Death Magnetic will be released in three different packaging options from MissionMetallica.com. The varying packages include digital delivery of the CD, studio footage, photographs, and a five-LP 180 gram box with individual sleeves. Also, Metallica plans on releasing the album in a special edition coffin case which will include demos of the songs, a DVD, a t-shirt, guitar picks, a poster and a special download card. On the day Death Magnetic is released, Metallica also will release each track for Guitar Hero III.

The full track list and proper order of the songs are below:

1. “That Was Just Your Life”
2. “The End Of The Line”
3. “Broken, Beat & Scarred”
4. “The Day That Never Comes”
5. “All Nightmare Long”
6. “Cyanide”
7. “The Unforgiven III”
8. “The Judas Kiss”
9. “Suicide & Redemption”
10. “My Apocalypse”

Source: FMQB.com