Metallica "Load"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Does anyone else here think that this is an excellent album? Everytime I hear anything about this album, it's something negative. I think it's an exhibition of Metallica's talent and versatility (especially Kirk Hammett). I will say I don't care much for most of the lyrics/vocals, but musically this album is one of the best of the 90's. Thoughts? Opinions?

Dec 26, 2004
Naw I didnt like the songs played.....there iz good jammin songs, IF you know how to play a guitar.thats all.
When I wanna hear Heavy Metal, I wanna hear Heavy Metal.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah...I never liked loaded. IMO Metallica hasn't put out a good album since The Black album in 1991. The other four before that are all classic. The ones after that aren't good at all IMO besides a song or two here and there.

Master of Puppets & ....And Justice For All are my two favorite Metallica albums.

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
^^^yep justice was my forst metallica album and my favorite followed by master of puppets man whne they cut there hair and came back all funnystyle i was like im cool......there still the best of teh old metal

May 15, 2002
Don't get me wrong, nothing compares to Metallica's first four albums, I'm just saying that as an album (not necessarily a metal album), Load is better IMO than 99% of the music since then. For instance, I heard a Linkin Park album a couple of months ago and it was one of the biggest pieces of crap I had heard in a long time...kind of like how people think of Load...lol. Thanks for the opinions, folks.

May 15, 2002
One more thing: can someone tell me exactly what a rock producer does? Because it seems ever since Bob Rock came along (Black Album), Metallica's music went downhill and I am very tempted to blame him.

Mar 2, 2005
Load is a good album if you're not expecting to hear old school Metallica. Nothing compares to Kill 'Em All-The Black Album. I respect Metallica for the album though. The songs are alot deeper. I think James had alot more to do with Load and ReLoad than the rest of the band did.

And no Bob Rock didn't ruin Metallica. If you watch A Year And A Half, he really improves the songs on The Black Album alot. The switch from The Black Album to Load was more of James' and Lars' decision I think.

And isn't this a rap forum?

Jun 27, 2003
I wasn't really feeling that Load album. Never have, probably never will. Musically, Lyrically, etc etc I wasn't feeling that album at all. In my opinion they started slipping after And Justice for All. They was koo with the original setup... their first three albums were HELLA hard, after that they started slippin.

Fo sho tho, that last album Some Kind of Monster was a HUGE disappointment. Not even CLOSE to their old shiet.

As far as Metallica being overrated????? Hell no, they didnt get NO kind of mainstream acknowledgement and they still had a CRAZY huge fanbase back in the 80s.. How is that overrated???? If anything, they were hella UNDERRATED... they're still one of the best metal bands ever, point blank.

May 15, 2002
Jae iLL said:
In my opinion they started slipping after And Justice for All. They was koo with the original setup... their first three albums were HELLA hard, after that they started slippin.
I feel you 100% on that. NOTHING can fuck with master of puppets. buI i still think justice was good all the way through, just not AS good as the first 3. one of the reasons i like metallica so much is that in my opinion they didn't have one bad song until the black album.

Apr 25, 2002
^^i agree as well...with teh black album they went mainstream and more soft...dont get me wrong there are some great songs on black album but that is for sure where they started going downhill

Jun 17, 2005
RedStorm said:
I feel you 100% on that. NOTHING can fuck with master of puppets. buI i still think justice was good all the way through, just not AS good as the first 3. one of the reasons i like metallica so much is that in my opinion they didn't have one bad song until the black album.
There was a time (waaaaay the fuck back in high school) I would have disagreed and said nothing could fuck w/ Ride the Lightning but in retrospect Master of Puppets, IMO is THE Metallica album. It's like they reached their peak w/ that one.

To the originator of this thread - Metallica should have changed their name after dropping "load". Even the "black" album had its moments that harkened back to the days when the Metallica I remember caused idiots in Bon Anchovy and poison T-Shirts to turn up their noses and plug their ears.