metal monday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i was kind of joking when i said i was going to start a metal thread but fuck it,might as well. every week i put up a band that i like.

figured i would start with a band that pretty much started it all for me. introduced me to a harder metal than i had ever known at the time and changed me over to the world of screaming vocals. my dad's friends had a son that was older than me that was heavy into metal. he came over one night when i was listening to god knows what at the time. i was like 14 so i am sure it was some watered down garbage. he proceeded to make fun of what i was listening to,then went to his car and brought back a tape by the name of skydancer. the the band....

dark tranquillity

i didnt really know this at the time but DT is one of the bands that created the genre i have come to love "melodic death metal". along with another band also from gothenburg,sweden, In Flames. they are also connected in another way. the lead singer on the album skydancer,anders friden is now the lead vocalist for in flames.

they have probably been one of the most consistant bands i have listened to,right up there with maiden,rush,and floyd. they always make solid albums.lately they have slowly gone away from they pure melodic roots (to the dismay of the majority of their fans) and introduced more doom and even symphonic metal elements. ironically,as much of a melodic fan i am,i am like their new albums more and more cause its refreshing to hear some new sounds from them.

included a download of their album "projector" one of my favorite albums from them. in my opinion its when they perfected their melodic sound,before they starting tinkering with the formula. good starting place to check them out

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MIYE0UKF

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
DT is some good shit, One of the best shows I've ever seen was them opening for Opeth, amazing.. Thanks for the vids\uploads, I look forward to more of these posts.