Messy Marv "Turf Politics" Ummmm

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I've only heard good things about it so I FINALLY found it last night....I can't believe how weak it is. HOW many times will he use that beat on track #1? Shit Pac and Nas used it in 1996, then he had just about the same beat on his last solo album. He has Daz on a song and the lyrics are like 3 years old and already been on several different songs. The beats are pretty cool, but the bass is shitty, it's not clear at all. I was very disappointed, I want my damn 19 bucks back. Anybody that wants this cd holler at me, only listened to once and in perfect condition! What did ya'll think was so good about it? It sounds like a rushed album to me.

Apr 26, 2002
Not weak... but

I would have to say.. i'll go back to listen to the last album.. cuz this one didnt do much for me... I know mess got heat.. but this album didnt really stand out I bought Awax and messy the same day, and they get about the same amount a play but i would have to say.. mess didnt blow my mind with this one.. maybe when him and quinn get down again.. it'll be back to the flames...
Stizon Skrilla

Apr 25, 2002
I'll trade...post up what ya got to trade...I can't believe ya'll like this cd so much, the bass doesn't hit right at ALL!!! He needs to get with some real tight producers to make his shit sound cleaner, like Bosko.

NBD

Artist
Apr 25, 2002
This album is BANGIN, the 2 recycled tracks wasn't cool, but other then that songs like Cuzzin, Center of Attention, and Thug Life are KNOCKIN...Marv is still bringing FIRE for that azz...

Apr 25, 2002
Shiiiiit I think it sounds like all the other mediocre Sean T production. Why can't he make beats with clean ass bass lines? All his beats don't bump right. This album sounded like all leftover tracks they just threw on an album to get some quick money. I think if he had some other producers it would have been much better. Marv doesn't sound the same either.

M

MrFreeze

i think this is tight playa but everyone got there own opinion and i respect you for tellin yours. too bad you aint feelin it folks...1

B

blackpanther02

Homie that album is banging.

That album is tight. I can do without the cover. I cant see a blackman wearing a USA Racist Bandana

Apr 25, 2002
Cantankerous said:
Shiiiiit I think it sounds like all the other mediocre Sean T production. Why can't he make beats with clean ass bass lines? All his beats don't bump right. This album sounded like all leftover tracks they just threw on an album to get some quick money. I think if he had some other producers it would have been much better. Marv doesn't sound the same either.
damn then what do you consider good production? that shit is TIGHT - looks like your pretty picky with your beats...bass lines? i dont know what you're bumping the cd with but it hits pretty clean for me and i got two 10's in my shit...

Apr 25, 2002
your speakers are nice..i originally wanted some JL's but i havent had enough skrill for some good ones (w3 and up). i said fuck it and got a cool little set up for a VERY cool price (this spot in hayward went out of business a while back and they had a blowout, forgot the name). i got 2 pioneer 10's (i dont know their name off top, but theyre the best model 10's) and a planet audio (small company, quality amps) 400 watt amp. shit hits hard.

Apr 25, 2002
I have two 12's spankin in my trunk...and that new Messy isn't clean at all...

Listen to "LIQ" or "It's In The Game"

That shit is cleannnnn as fuck...Sean T's production lacks the crisp clean bass line hummers that make the shit worth slappin'.

Apr 25, 2002
i have to hit the repeat when center of attention comes on. i'm feelin messy's shit to the fullest, but i think he could of done a little better with some of the beats. mainly the 2 recycled tracks.