Message to the Bay, LA & all da Westcoast!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2008
Yo after listening to half of the dam fixxers album (quik & amg) I started to notice another reason why the west fell the fuck off. We trying to sound like other regions!!!! When i first heard "work wit that" I was like okay quik came with a south type beat and a different voice/flow. cool but when u make a whole album like that its not cool especially when you as talented as DJ Quik. If only these guys would reconize that all regions had copied us and now we copying them!!! By the way im a guy that listened to dam near more eastcoast rap too when the west was at its prime because i liked there lyrics more but as far as production the west had it, we don't need quik or dre trying to sound like nobody else. Dre don't even wanna work with nobody on the west really thats another story though. I feel advancing are style like old mobb sounding tracks without enough instruments in them are played out but when it comes to the quiks, dres, mike mosleys, rick rocks they don't need to sound like other people that bit are styles from the gate to get heard, just keep what u been doing and shit will come around, but when you start trying to sound like lil john and all them other people that use to try to hide they accents and etc to be like us, it aint even cool. The west need some serious help!!!! Dre need to stamp someone approval because he the only one out west that can give someone a stamp that the whole world will acknowledge. But im pretty sure Detox (if it ever comes out) will be full of eastcoast artist and other producers that dre hire sounding like other regions.

Jan 22, 2007
Dre put on Em and 50 and they are not from the West....So why does anybody from the West need Dre's seal of approval? Knockturnal and Bishop Lamont got that stamp and what's up with them???

Jun 27, 2002
That is real though. A lot of shit I listen to from the west sounds a lil watered down with southness. Hella rappers from the west(LA to Bay) try to have a southern swang to there raps. I mean I know cats wanna sell records, but damn.

Trigg

Sep 10, 2005
That is real though. A lot of shit I listen to from the west sounds a lil watered down with southness. Hella rappers from the west(LA to Bay) try to have a southern swang to there raps. I mean I know cats wanna sell records, but damn.

Trigg
Co-sign, but going against the grain can mess you up as well. Crooked I coming out with an album finally and he plans to use Akon for his first single. Its almost what we have to do to get some decent radio play.

Mar 3, 2008
dannyanddemon. ha ha, yeah my post was long, my bad, was just tripping. as far as bishop lamont and knocturnal none of them has released a full album with dre's stamp!!! Knoc got on and then tried to rap like eminem!!!