Merged Thread: Warrrrrrriorrrrrs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
MAVS WARRIORS 8 PLAYER DEAL!!!!!

Sources: Mavs deal Van Exel to Warriors for Jamison
Dallas will also receive Fortson; trade is pending league approval Monday

11:02 PM CDT on Friday, August 15, 2003

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

The Mavericks' summer-long search for a post presence led them to a high-scoring forward.

NBA sources said the Mavericks have traded for Antawn Jamison of the Golden State Warriors even though it cost them playoff hero Nick Van Exel. The deal is pending league approval Monday.

As part of the deal, the Mavericks will also receive 6-8 power forward Danny Fortson, who they hope can help their defense and rebounding.

So a month after they initially struck out in the free-agent process, the Mavericks reshaped their roster with a pending eight-player trade with Golden State.

The Mavericks sent Van Exel, Avery Johnson, Evan Eschmeyer and Popeye Jones to Golden State in exchange for Jamison, Fortson, Chris Mills and Jiri Welsch, according to NBA sources.

Both teams agreed to the deal Friday, but it won't be official until it receives NBA approval Monday. League offices in New York were closed Friday because of the power outage that struck much of the eastern United States and Canada.

The key players in the deal are Jamison and Van Exel.

The 6-9 Jamison, 27, averaged 22.2 points and 7.0 rebounds last season, shooting 47 percent from the field. He's averaged 20.2 points for his five-season NBA career and put together back-to-back 50-point performances during the 2000-01 season.

He and Dirk Nowitzki give the Mavericks maybe the toughest baseline match-up in the NBA. Jamison has transformed from a post-up player to a solid wing player. He also commands the occasional double-team, which could free up Nowitzki.

Jamison also comes with a steep price.

He has six years and $69 million remaining on his contract.

-----

Apr 25, 2002
yea heard bout that tonight...i heard of another trade the other day but it wasn't happenin...but i don't know about this move...i wanted them to package off jamison and fortson, but i didn't want nick van exel for twan...i mean ex is still ballin but we would have been better off with gil...oh yea i remember someone on here or raptalk talkin bout no one would take jamison and fortson together...he's a warrior fan...i think it was dood who didn't even know scottie was on the same dream team as larry legend

Apr 25, 2002
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
GOLDEN STATE GOT RIPPED OFF BIG TIME.
BIG TIME isn't even the word for it.

Why would we want Avery Johnson again? I can't believe the warriors gave up a great scorer and solid defender/rebounder for Avery Johnson and Van Axel. You can never have enough good defenders/ rebounders on your team.

May 10, 2002
YEP, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE WARRIORS THINKING, THEY NEED BIG PEOPLE NOT GUARDS,

WHO THE FUCK IS Evan Eschmeyer?

AINT AVERY JOHNSON AND POPEYE JONES DAMN NEAR BOUT TO RETIRE?

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Jamison actually sucks at defense!!! But still the Warriors got screwed anyway!!! They wasnt good anyway, but now they will be back to the 20 win seasons of years past!!! Hahahaha!! Yall Warriors fans thought yall was about to come up huh?? Hahaha!! Sorry!! GOT EM!!!

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
NICK VAN EXEL IS ONE OR THOSE GUYS YOU ADD IN A TRADE TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER....

WE TRADE OUR LITTLE TO NOTHING FUTURE FOR FUCKING VAN EXEL.......................:cry:

JUST WHEN SHIT WAS LOOKING SOME WHAT OK FOR THE WARRIORS..........

NOW RICHARSON'S GOING TO LEAVE NOW TOO........

DAMN

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
I MEAN I NEVER REALLY LIKED JAMISON BUT HE WAS DAMN NEAR ALL WE HAD...............STILL MAD WE TRADED HIM FOR VINCE CARTER............

BUT WE OUR SUPERSTAR FOR..............
Van Exel was a key component off the Mavericks' bench last season

AND AGAIN

DAMN

Jul 31, 2002
The Warriors couldve gotten some better players for Jamison...Van Exel got game but i dont know about Popeye Jones and Eshmeyer....Avery Johnson is a good player to have on the squad for his leadership and the shit he be doin in the locker room...but i think the warriors gave up some solid players for some weaker ones....I dont know about this one....

Jul 31, 2002
Quick said:
NICK VAN EXEL IS ONE OR THOSE GUYS YOU ADD IN A TRADE TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER....

WE TRADE OUR LITTLE TO NOTHING FUTURE FOR FUCKING VAN EXEL.......................:cry:

JUST WHEN SHIT WAS LOOKING SOME WHAT OK FOR THE WARRIORS..........

NOW RICHARSON'S GOING TO LEAVE NOW TOO........

DAMN

where did u hear about richardson leaving?

Apr 12, 2003
THE WARRIORS ARE FUCKING UP. THEY HAD A GOOD SEASON LAST YEAR. ALMOST MADE THE PLAYOFFS. THAT'S PRETTY GOOD FOR THA WEST. THEY ALREADY LOST GILBERT ARENAS TO FREE AGENCY, NOW THEY TRADED THEIR BEST PLAYER & REBOUNDER.
DAMN, THEY HAD POTENTIAL.

AT LEAST THEY STILL HAVE JASON RICHARDSON, BUT HE'S MAINLY JUST FOR HIGHLIGHTS.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
what can we do !! yeah Jamison don't play no D, but who does on the Warriors.........from what i saw from Mike Jr. in the summer league on NBA TV, he has gotten bigger and the Warriors are banking on him BIG TIME now........I loved Jamison.......but not as a go to guy.......hopefully Nick da Quick dosen't do what he did in Denver.........

Jones, and Johnson come off the books next year.......

the trade was made so St. Genuis could clear cap space, for what ????

we can maybe get Kobe in Free Agency in 20 years when he gets out !!

but who knows..........i'll be at Opening Night (oct. 29th) v.s. guess who.....

DALLAS............