Memphis Bleek in XXL about Get Low

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 15, 2002
XXL: Is it true that your label, Get Low, is supposed to be Get Low East now because Cali rapper JT The Bigga Figga had the name first?

Bleek: Nah, we Get Low, DGL-Dirty Get Low. Like, dude on the westcoast, I met up with him, he said he dropped a couple of albums under Get Low, I ain't never know nothing about it. I'm like, I don't care 'cause I don't say Get Low to sound hot, that's a way of life. So whoever represents it makes me feel proud 'cause you understand that lifestyle.

Wow.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
you guys might not believe this, but here on the east, NOBODY KNOWS OR GIVES A MAD FUCK WHO JT THE BIGGA FIGGA IS. he means as much to us as say coo coo cal does to you.

Feb 19, 2003
Sure, I can believe that--A lot of East Coast fans, critics, etc. still tend to have the attitude that anything outside the East (or MTV, BET, the radio, etc.) doesn't exist. But there's folks on the West Coast, Midwest and in European countries that DO "give a shit" about JT and other undergrounders like him. Bleek should get his own shit instead of using a name that's taken...The East needs to stop taking a shit on everyone not from the East...

PEACE!

Dec 9, 2003
you guys might not believe this, but here on the east, NOBODY KNOWS OR GIVES A MAD FUCK WHO JT THE BIGGA FIGGA IS.

I believe it but I don't believe these cats out here wearing rocawear shit, sean john, etc. Playing they're East Coast music or Country shit whatever I ain't hating but cats should boycott everything from out of town me and my niggas do. Quit supporting these weeny, mac fraud, I like boys ass rappers like Bleek and the rest of those commercial rappers period.

Dec 9, 2003
you guys might not believe this, but here on the east, NOBODY KNOWS OR GIVES A MAD FUCK WHO JT THE BIGGA FIGGA IS.

I believe it but I don't believe these cats out here wearing rocawear shit, sean john, etc. Playing they're East Coast music or Country shit whatever I ain't hating but cats should boycott everything from out of town me and my niggas do. Quit supporting these weeny, mac fraud, I like boys ass rappers like Bleek and the rest of those commercial rappers period.

Dec 9, 2003

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
aye peep game...u cant knock someone on the east for coming up wit that ..its not a law where u have to be up on EVERY record label in every city of every state....they are not up on all our bay area underground jus like were not up on there eastcoast underground...coincidences do happen...and really..WHO GIVES A FUCK...jt aint puttin money on my table and neither is bleek..thats ther bizz let them fight it out...all that matters is the muzik so i aint mad...imo.

Aug 14, 2003
Believe it or Not! Bay/mobb shit is a guilty pleasure for alot east coast and mostly southern cats. alot of niggas know frisco bay artists here on the east coast, especially in florida where I'm at. niggas in northwest florida, alabama, mississippi, lousianna tend listen to frisco bay cats alot. maybe cause bay artists have toured there. Ive traded many east coast cds with dudes who traded me ala - b-legit, jt the bigga, e40, 11/5 ect. But yeah, its sad that alot of east coast cats dont know much about bay shit and mobb music.

You must remember that east coast spots have their own unda ground shit. for instance, in florida, trick gets alot of play, radio whateva, because his lyrics relate to these parts. Ironically, he has adopted bay slang like alot of other artists in these parts - guilty pleasure.

Yall cats in the bay need to come together and stop the turf drama and market yall shit on a massive level (dvds, shows). Good place to start is Atlanta and miami florida doing shows in these communites major events (memorial day ect.)and helping these local cats get on (alliances and networking) since yall experts at inde shit.

Aug 17, 2002
chuck taylor said:
how the fuck u gonna start a record label with the same name as another one? all you gotta do is enter 'get low records' into google and youd find somethin... fuckin dumbass
he wasnt a dumbass, maybe a huckster, or a fraud, but he knew what he was doing

May 15, 2002
As for Memphis Bleek, dude been signed to Roc-A-Fella since 1995 and ain't dropped a tight album, just a waste of a contract along with State Property and I ain't just hatin, but to 707loc, you asking who is COO COO CAL? You need to hit the Midwest Mafia board on here, dude is the illest out the Mil-Town (Milwaukee) along with the illest outta Chi-Town, Twista!