me fab and short starring in new motion picture

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2005
townbizthemovie.com (i don't know how to embed and yeah i know it's 2008)
actually there is a brief cameo from short and fab also. and if you don't blink you can catch me as well. name of the movie is townbiz and this s the first motion picture in a minute to really be about just oakland. this is going to be our menace to society. please check out the trailer and give us some feedback. just submitted it to sundance and trying to work the film festival. if you want to get on the soundtrack holla at cream factory records. we tried to do the town justice check it out and holla back.

Nov 7, 2005
I'm at work but can you tell us honestly if its "Menace 2 Society" film quality or just another low budget bay movie.
of course it can't match what hollywood is doing with million dollar budgets, but this ain't no 'me and my potna's with a camcorder' we shooting for a theatrical release. check out the quality and let me know what you think, all feedback is appreciated. good (which we like) and bad (let us know what to tighten up on)

Jul 12, 2008
www.pushinthebay.com
pharoah -

Thanks for sharing the video. Checked out the website - the video quality looks nice. Did they use a Canon GL2 to film?

Nice lighting in some of the scenes and they picked good actors.

Keep me posted if it hits DVD or there is a screening.

Peace & Bay Luv.
-t aka emcee t

Nov 7, 2005
pharoah -

Thanks for sharing the video. Checked out the website - the video quality looks nice. Did they use a Canon GL2 to film?

Nice lighting in some of the scenes and they picked good actors.

Keep me posted if it hits DVD or there is a screening.

Peace & Bay Luv.
-t aka emcee t
means a lot because i know you know how hard it is to make it look decent. ram from hitm ent did the camera work and he used a hvx-200 with a 35mm adaptor

Jan 23, 2007
Man i gotta love it cuz its my city. This is a good ass premise, but the acting is lightway corny. Still Ima cop it when it drop...

was that pharoh gettin bitch slapped!!!

haha jus fukin with chu mayne

Think the homie got it, most people from the town prolly gonna support it for just bein taken place in their city and because a serious effort was being put into it and that showed... acting was cheezy yea...but no big budget so ur prolly not workin with oscar winnin actors so what chu gon do about it...if anything ima check it out cuz booty in there go:lick:

still a good job...

Aug 14, 2006
It looks really good.Im glad somebody is pulling together a lot of local talent. There are those who get outsiders to express our vision and shoot our videos and movies,but I've heard of Mario Bobino and Debonair productions, he was a pioneer filmamker in Oakland in the 80's and I think That Ram guy produced the Highsiden/Go Dumb U.S.A dvd's. I had to watch it twice because I saw some rappers and model chicks I know like Sierra Mora and Karen Cox. Around here when you say your doing a Video or a movie cats look down on you if its not up to MTV or Dreamworks quality,but these are the same crabs that can't get that kind of budget they damn selves.You can't go from nothin to Diddy and I respect all artists that do it from scratch and keep creative control as well as the backend profits yadig!!

Nov 7, 2005
if it comes out better than "belly 2" I aint even mad at yall
not to hate on them, but with the budget they had and the budget we had we actually stomping down on that. they had bigger names and all that, 'professional' actors. but i will still put our town movie up against it. alot of people put they all in this and it shows. I don't think the town is going to be dissapointed at all

Jun 25, 2005
It looks really good.Im glad somebody is pulling together a lot of local talent. There are those who get outsiders to express our vision and shoot our videos and movies,but I've heard of Mario Bobino and Debonair productions, he was a pioneer filmamker in Oakland in the 80's and I think That Ram guy produced the Highsiden/Go Dumb U.S.A dvd's. I had to watch it twice because I saw some rappers and model chicks I know like Sierra Mora and Karen Cox. Around here when you say your doing a Video or a movie cats look down on you if its not up to MTV or Dreamworks quality,but these are the same crabs that can't get that kind of budget they damn selves.You can't go from nothin to Diddy and I respect all artists that do it from scratch and keep creative control as well as the backend profits yadig!!
Was that Drop Knock I saw too? Anyway I'ma watch this tha preview looked coo! I'd rather watch a low budget movie from a local than a big budget from an outsider....