McGahee will not return to Miami

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Looks like some of the critics on this board are right, he wont be playing for Miami any longer, he is declaring for the 2003 NFL draft. What the hell is this guy thinking though, his ass will be in cruches to pick up his jersey at the podium. If i were coaching, I would need to see another solid HEALTHY year from him to get my first pick. He is a great RB, but hes going to end up like T.Davis fucking around like this. Draft Pick projections?

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Shit he probably will go in 2nd or 3rd round!! I feel him for leaving because he knows he wont start for Miami ever again with Gore back healthy so he wont help his stock anyway so fuckit go pro and atleast make some money and then maybe in a year or 2 he can show what hes worth!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
I read an article @espn about this an it made good sense...they was sayin why should he go back to school, an have to worry about classes, an rehabbin, an tryin to win back his job. they was sayin the up an commers at Miami are bad as hell an he might never be starter there again. then they went on to say that if he gets drafted, he can have the best doctors around, an the best spots to rehab an sign an incentive laiden deal an shit could work out good for him...............made sense he went pro

Jun 16, 2002
shit the thing is he may be good and if someone picks him in the later rounds he wont be on a horrible team also if he plays college ball and dont run shit that'll ruin his career 2 he should get an education. But hey he might go to Tampa, The Cowboys, minnesota al teams without legit backs

Apr 25, 2002
But how bad does it look, when you are telling NFL teams, you are afraid to compete for your spot, cause you might not get it...but you're trying to play in the NFL...

Doens't put much confidence in me, if I'm a GM...especially since he won't up to full speed or participate at all in the scouting combine...

Why waste a pick, if you're unsure if he'll able to play at full speed again...

May 10, 2002
^^But if you think about it, half the players that teams pick in the later rounds turn out to be non-factors anyways. Why not take a shot on a guy who when he IS at 100% can be a major factor?

May 12, 2002
No team (except the Raiders) will take this guy with a pick above the 6th round. He is a huge gamble and you are not even thinking of him paying off for at least two seasons. I hope he comes back 110%, but it will be tough for him to be kept on an NFL roster if he doesnt look to be up to speed this time a year from now.

He basically had the same injury Gore had, and Gore still is nowhere near being ready. So he has at least a solid year to get into shape and at least participating in contact practices. I really feel bad for this kid and I hope he can pull through. You see that with his injury Onterrio Smith declared his NFL eligability.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Yea right bige916! Im sure there are other teams that will pick him besides the lowly Haiderz! I project he will go either 2nd or 3rd round, and it wont be the Haiderz that draft him!! Try again!! GOT EM!!!

Jun 14, 2002
BigE916WRM said:
, but it will be tough for him to be kept on an NFL roster if he doesnt look to be up to speed this time a year from now.

He basically had the same injury Gore had, and Gore still is nowhere near being ready.
na they will put him on injuryed reserved and down the road he could really pay off for someone...

Gore is gettin pretty close to be able to play again..he been practicin with Miami a good while juss no contact yet

May 10, 2002
But for real tho, Luke Staley has nowhere near the talent that McGahee does. He played against inferior comp at BYU while McGahee battled all the top dogs.

May 12, 2002
If a team uses a 2nd or 3rd round pick on McGahee they are crazy. When Larry Johnson, a back who ran for 2000 yards is projected to go in the 2nd round, why would you risk your 2nd pick on a guy that wont even play this year when you can get a guy that might payoff for you this season. No way he goes 2nd or 3rd round.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
aint no way he going in the 2nd or 3rd round...no team is going to risk picking a player if they have doubts on his health....plus he is good but he aint that damn good.....alot of the recent running backs that have turned out to be good backs in the league have been drafted in the later rounds.

May 12, 2002
I agree I think LJ should go a little higher but I have seen more than one list that got him going in the second, I think its got something to do with the Penn State RB curse. Football a second or thrid round pick is critical to a team, its not like Basketball where chances are the guy you picked in the second round isint even going to make the team.

I saw that Mel Kuiper had my Bears picking Byron Leftwich with the 4th pick, and he had Carson Palmer as the #1 choice.