MC Eiht & DJ Quick

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
K

knightridaz

What was the reason off all the beef that started between them.i heard they got in a fight somewhere. is that shit true.

Jun 16, 2002
I found this on the net from an interview with Eiht sometime in 1996:

"That started a long time ago, before he was even a mainstream rapper. It started six years ago off of some little coward sh-- he had done, but never was a man to say why he did it and what was the purpose of it. Then he was sayin' that he made attempts to squash the beef with me, which was true. We talked once and that was it. He never called me to continue the discussion. He said he wanted to work, all that bullsh--, but he never talked to continue the discussion. Next thing you know, he got with Death Row and got pumped up to be this mighty gang banger ... there you have the song. I don't take it personally because I been in the nigga's face. He don't wanna scrap. He don't wanna rap against me. It's a freeze tag game. It ain't like I can just drive around the streets and just see him, I can't call him and discuss the sh-- with him, so I have to resort to doin' my sh-- on record because that's the only way it's gonna get to his ass. As far as the beef goes, I'm not worried about it, because all he has to do to either stop it or continue it is a phone call. I'm not a hard brother to get in contact with. His homies see more of me than they see of him. When you got an army behind you, you feel powerful. Before he had an army, he never expressed his little gang bangin' side, but now that he has an army behind him, he can reveal that. I don't even flow with that. The beef is not with me and Death Row. The beef is not with me and his gang bangin' set. The beef is with me and David, me and DJ Quik. It won't be no big brawl at the convention, it won't be no gang shootout, it will be between me and DJ Quik. If he can't handle it on that note, don't discuss MC Eiht no more."

In the song Youz A Ganxta Qik says something like that "Every now and then I get my manhood tested in a fight, like I used to have beef with this cat named Eiht and his homies approached me at the club El-Ray.... I approach him like a man and not like a nut. He turned around & put his drink down streiht knuckled up. In the dark club punches is flying around...." well i forgot the rest

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i read in that book 'have gun, will travel' about Death Row. Eiht is a crip, Quik is a blood (he doesn't have the c in there to disrespect the crips supposedley) and Eiht did something that Quik took offence to and started dissin Eiht and threatening his life and Eiht tried to say he didn't mean to disrespect anyone, but Quik wouldn't listen. so Eiht started to diss back. at least that's what i got from it.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Both of them have their own stories as to what really happened and the ones you hear in the songs are so different that it is hard to know what really happened. All I know is when Quik did that song "You'z A Gangsta" and said that he would be willing to do a song with Eiht and then both of them were on a BET show being interviewed together, MC Eiht just sat there the whole time and didn't really say anything. He looked pissed probably because Quik made his ass look stupid by publicly squashing the beef over national radio and TV that made both of them famous.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
IT STARTED CAUSE OF BLOOD AND CRIP THING..
I ALWAYZ BEEN SAYING I WANT FOR THEM TO MAKE A HIT TOGETTHER.. WHO KNOWS, MAYBE EIHT WILL GO SUPPORT QUIK AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES ON JULY 30.. DAMN WILL BE COOL..

Jose

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
Quiks version: He gave a shout out to NWA and Comptons Most Wanted because they were the biggest coming out of Compton but that Eiht took it the wrong way and dissed him. Quik tried to tell him that he was just giving him a shout out and not dissing but Eiht still dissed him anyway so he had to come back at him with some diss tracks.

Eihts version: He had a verse in one of his songs that said "quick/ suck the dick" and he said it had nothing to do with Quik, in fact he didnt even know who DJ Quik was but that he took offense to it.