MC Breed-Rap Game (Tech Featured In Video!)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I got the cd. It's from ICP's failed marketing label UMZ. It's good shit. It has the original cut of the song he did with Proof on SfJG.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
UMZ/Psychopathic handled that MC Breed album so badly. I mean, what was the deal with calling him simply "Breed" on that album's cover and in the press they did? I guess having "MC" before the artists name does sound really old school but MC Breed is a legendary artist and by taking the "MC" off most places didn't seem to know it was him and it stopped his old-school fans from finding out about it. I remember doing a search on Google for MC Breed a couple of years ago and no website with an MC Breed discography (mp3.com, artistdirect.com, vh1.com, YahooMusic & shit like that) even had The New Prescription listed; similarly if you type in MC Breed on amazon The New Prescription will not come come up. Its no wonder they didn't do good business and UMZ shut its doors.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
UMZ could have broken soooooo much ground in the Detroit Rap scene, but Yang is 50% right. The other 50% blame goes out to Joe Bruce for signing Rude Boy and RyRy in as President and V.P. respectively. ANS put out one Zug Izland Album and it did well long before the label was set into stone. I still feel really bad about the entire situation, because there was so much potential in both labels. They had Layzie Bone near inking a deal through UMZ near the end, but Rude Boy gave up doing anything. Primer 55 was in talks to sign with ANS from the beginning, and even went to far as to feature them at the Gathering and use some of their music for other endeavors later on.

Rude Boy would rather take bumps from Abdullah the Butcher than front a record label. And don't get me started on RyRy. The kid won a contest years ago and then was thrust into a position often held by 40 something lawyers at the tender age of 19.

To each his own I guess, but their record label cred went out the door with those two falling by the wayside. And Hatchet House is headed that way, since it basically only exists in the basement of the Lotus Pod.

Yeah......I was a huge fan for a very long time.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I missed their most recent show. It's the first I've missed since ICP set them up on tours back in '03. The bill was nice, too. Cazualty, Moine Luke, Critical Bill, PDA, and Zug in Tulsa. I was mad when I missed out.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
They seem to be doing good with the Hatchet House so far, though.
I don't think so to be honest. From what I could tell that Tali Demon girl was supposed to be the labels first release and she's already gone, citing how the Hatchet House was being run as one of the main reasons for her departure. Never been much of a fan of Psychopathic but still I hope Hatchet House does work out for them. I don't like to see anyone fail.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I don't think so to be honest. From what I could tell that Tali Demon girl was supposed to be the labels first release and she's already gone, citing how the Hatchet House was being run as one of the main reasons for her departure. Never been much of a fan of Psychopathic but still I hope Hatchet House does work out for them. I don't like to see anyone fail.
No one likes her anyway. :p

She was trying to say Psychopathic was using her name on some Hallowicked shows, because the venues didn't take her name off the bill. And that they were trying to draw fans from her name.

And then, she was hosting a free show in her HOMETOWN and only fourty people hit her up.