Matisyahu - Youth [New Album Download]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I listen to a lot of reggae and attend a lot of reggae events in SD these days. And a lot of people talk down on him because hes kinda blowing up fast, and because hes an extremely hardcore jew. But this release i just listened to is probably the best CD of the genre in years. Its way, way, way better than "Live At Stubbs" and almost every song is as good as "King Without A Crown" (he also has a remix of that one on this CD as the last track).

This is reggae for the new generation.. a binding between many different styles of music and culture. He even features a couple hip hop/lyricist type of guys on a couple songs.

"Jerusalem" is the sickest song imo.

Also, if the link goes dead, dont worry, im on it.

Download

Track listing

1. "Fire Of Heaven / Altar Of Earth"
2. "Youth"
3. "Time Of Your Song"
4. "Dispatch The Troops"
5. "Indestructible"
6. "What I'm Fighting For"
7. "Jerusalem"
8. "WP"
9. "Shalom/Saalam"
10. "Late Night in Zion"
11. "Unique Is My Dove"
12. "Ancient Lullaby"
13. "King Without A Crown"

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Props on the download Psilo. Youth (the song) is the shit. I have only heard that cut and King Without a Crown so far. I'm downloading this right now. I'm going to pick it up when it drops though. Everyone else make sure to do the same.

Nuttkace

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
Thanks, I appreciate it. I heard him for the first time last week, that live version of "King without a crown" is great..

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
I really dont see what the big deal is with this guy...i almost feel like he has a "EMINEM" gimmick attatched to his music....a Hacidec(sp?) Jew doing raggae...HMMMMMMMM....

Have you heard the cd? Or are you just going off of his background as a Hasidic Jew?

It's more of a cross between reggae/hip-hop/rock with his own flavor thrown in. The more I listen to it the better I like it.

Solid album all the way through IMO.

Nuttkace

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
hes not faking anything. Hes down with the entire reggae scene and all of its supporters, when i recently saw him at the bob marley fest in S.D. he was kicking it with all the big names and they feel hes one of the best new names in the genre. Hes a hardcore hasidic jew and it shows, and even though i dont follow organized religion and dont like it one bit, I dont let that be a factor when im listening to his music.

The big deal with him is that his music is unbelievably good.. his instruments, his voice, his charisma on the mic. not many people can have that much stage presence, especially in the world of reggae.

May 9, 2002
Nuttkase said:
Have you heard the cd? Or are you just going off of his background as a Hasidic Jew?

It's more of a cross between reggae/hip-hop/rock with his own flavor thrown in. The more I listen to it the better I like it.

Solid album all the way through IMO.

Nuttkace
I knew about this cat way before anyone else...my bro lives in NYC and told me about him...he went to one of his shows last year and sent me a couple of songs...i didnt even KNOW dude was Jweish til i seen his pic months later...i didnt like his music when i heard it WITHOUT knowing his background...then i found out all that other shit..and i just laughed...

Dec 18, 2002
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
I knew about this cat way before anyone else...my bro lives in NYC and told me about him...he went to one of his shows last year and sent me a couple of songs...i didnt even KNOW dude was Jweish til i seen his pic months later...i didnt like his music when i heard it WITHOUT knowing his background...then i found out all that other shit..and i just laughed...
yes because its hilarious that he is jewish and white and a reggae artist.:chinese:

I like the music.