Mass Effect 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
What don't you/do you like about it?
What I like about it is that it's ME. Again, it's my fav series so I'm gonna be a bit slanted towards liking it than not. However, what I don't like about it is as follows:

Guns don't seem to have the weight as they did in ME and ME2. I noticed this with the pistol.

Lip synching and facial animations still suck.

Sound fx/foley need work. A prime example of this is when Shepard and Anderson are running on the ledge. You don't even hear their feet hitting the ground.

Hand holding. Do I need a big blue arrow telling me what to do? I didn't go in the options to see if I can turn it off but that shit is distracting.

You can't holster your weapon. We're having a big debate about this on the bioware forum and the majority (which I'm a part of) don't like the fact that this was removed.

Shepard moves too fast. The speed he moved at in ME2 was pretty good but now he moves hella fast. It's kinda distracting and takes some time to get used to.

Grain filter has been removed.

The trial of Shepard was cut. Thsi has caused a MAJOR uproar on the bioware forum.

Now let me tell you what I did. I played the SP demo up to a certain point and turned it off. I also skipped whatever cutscenes and dialog the game allowed me to skip. It just doesn't seem like ME. Yes, it's gonna take some time to get used to, but I think they dumbed this down so the noobs could pick it up and I don't think that was a smart move. I'm gonna pick it up still, it's a day one for me, but the demo just wasn't what I expected.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
One of the first things I tried to do was holster my pistol. I couldn't remember what I needed to press so I just gave up. I didn't realize this feature was taken out. And something I noticed before you even start playing is that the default mode was "action" rather than "roleplaying". I didn't try out that mode so I didn't get to see the difference but I just don't see how someone can play ME with no input on the conversations.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It was either select or one of the buttons like the left trigger or bumper, I can't remember cause I haven't played in a bit. I'm also played the demo on the ps3 version, not the 360 which is my console of choice for this game (because the 360 has all three games and ps3 only has 2 and 3.) I changed it to roleplaying because anything else isn't ME. They're trying to appeal to noobs who want the combat and noobs who just want the story, cinematic experience and rpg elements. The problem is they're trying to appeal to too many people.

Jun 11, 2004
I thought mass effect 2 was pretty dumbed down from the first. This game seems like more of the same, although the leveling system is deeper and not over simplified like the second. Still a great game though, I love the series.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I thought mass effect 2 was pretty dumbed down from the first. This game seems like more of the same, although the leveling system is deeper and not over simplified like the second. Still a great game though, I love the series.
In was dumbed down in the sense that the armor and weapons couldn't be upgraded like the first. However, it was deeper in the sense that if you didn't upgrade the new ship certain things would happen (like characters dying) and you had more options when it came to maxing out powers.

Jun 11, 2004
^^^ yea I agree. Mass effect 2 was the opposite, hella simplified and dumbed down imo. Same with the leveling system there was only like five skills per character compared to 12 or so in ME1. I'm hoping that ME3 is the perfect balance between the two. Seems like it will be from the demo.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
I think they dumbed this down so the noobs could pick it up and I don't think that was a smart move. I'm gonna pick it up still, it's a day one for me, but the demo just wasn't what I expected.
they did and they are pretty open about it. They want everyone to have a good experience and they want new customers. I think they realize the people like us who have played both Mass Effect games multiple times are going to buy ME3 anyway so its about getting new customers. Personally I enjoyed the SP and the MP I am not overly critical about things that a lot of people complained about. Its fun and I enjoy the story. I am more interested in seeing how my decisions over the series will play out in the last installment rather than the actual game play though game play is important too it comes second to the story for me.

Apr 8, 2005
i agree 100%. if i was more concerned about gameplay i would have quit playing me 1 after the first time i tried to shoot a guy point blank range and instead melee attacked him and then his friend killed me, lol. i just love being able to make decisions and see how many people i can save.

one thing i thought was lacking in 2 and 3 is the way characters in 1 would be gone for good if they died while you were on a mission. it made the game more tactical in the way that you actually had to direct the soldiers you were fighting with correctly enough so they would survive..

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
they did and they are pretty open about it. They want everyone to have a good experience and they want new customers. I think they realize the people like us who have played both Mass Effect games multiple times are going to buy ME3 anyway so its about getting new customers. Personally I enjoyed the SP and the MP I am not overly critical about things that a lot of people complained about. Its fun and I enjoy the story. I am more interested in seeing how my decisions over the series will play out in the last installment rather than the actual game play though game play is important too it comes second to the story for me.

IMHO, they can get new customers by releasing ME1 & 2 with the ME3 engine. If not, go back in and patch some of the shit that needs to be corrected like bugs, the mako controls and other shit. How many new people do they expect to get? The only way you haven't heard of ME is if you have never played a next gen console, live in a 10th world country, have been in prison for 25, have been kidnapped and living in some nuts basement for 10 or got smothered. A lot of people may like this one but if they go back and pick up 1 and 2, they are going to be thrown off because each game has a different feel and mechanics.

one thing i thought was lacking in 2 and 3 is the way characters in 1 would be gone for good if they died while you were on a mission. it made the game more tactical in the way that you actually had to direct the soldiers you were fighting with correctly enough so they would survive..
Your squad mates can get killed in 2 and you won't see them in 3 but thats only on certain missions. And in 1, there were only three characters that I recall that could have died and thats Wrex, Kaiden and Ashley. I never had any of my squadmates die in battle cause I always had medi gel and would heal, lol.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
tongue twister or anyone... where is the best preorder deals on this one?
For loot (meaning what you get) or for price?

Collectors Edition seems to be the best bet as you'll get all the day one dlc and a bunch of other shit. But no one has it any longer, so the best bet is to preorder from gamestop (they have the best bonuses) and then spend $10 to cop the day one dlc.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Nobody ever stayed dead after battles. Only if it was during a certain part of the story. Like Heresy said, only Kaiden, Ashley and Wrex could die in one.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
IMHO, they can get new customers by releasing ME1 & 2 with the ME3 engine. If not, go back in and patch some of the shit that needs to be corrected like bugs, the mako controls and other shit. How many new people do they expect to get? The only way you haven't heard of ME is if you have never played a next gen console, live in a 10th world country, have been in prison for 25, have been kidnapped and living in some nuts basement for 10 or got smothered. A lot of people may like this one but if they go back and pick up 1 and 2, they are going to be thrown off because each game has a different feel and mechanics.

Your squad mates can get killed in 2 and you won't see them in 3 but thats only on certain missions. And in 1, there were only three characters that I recall that could have died and thats Wrex, Kaiden and Ashley. I never had any of my squadmates die in battle cause I always had medi gel and would heal, lol.
lmfao i love how you put it but I don't think it was a matter of not hearing of it. Most of my friends at least have written off ME saying it was too nerdy and if you played ME 1 and didn't get passed Eden Prime it does kinda look like Star Trek. I personally like Sci Fi so it wasn't a big deal to me but I think the best place for most new players to start is ME 3 because it was made into a very mainstream game or at least ME 2. I think they are all great games but they all had things that made each one great. A fight against the geth in space meeting all sorts of new aliens in the 2280s is not something that is going to appeal to most I'm afraid. But either way it is my favorite video game series without a doubt.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
damn, people actually buying this game?

[video=youtube;N2tCTHoHAUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2tCTHoHAUw[/video]