Mark Cuban wants NCAA football playoff and is willing to spend $500 million

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Since copy/paste is too hard for some . . .

Mark Cuban considering plan to end BCS, start NCAA playoff

Is Mark Cuban the man who can take down the BCS?

The Dallas Mavericks owner is interested in creating a postseason playoff tournament using money as a lure. He told ESPN he is "actively interested but in the exploratory stage" of such a system.

"The more I think about it, the more sense it makes as opposed to buying a baseball team," Cuban told ESPN. "You can do something the whole country wants done."

Bowl games could occur concurrently with Cuban's proposed plan, which would involve a 12- or 16-team field. He told ESPN he has begun talking to college athletic directors who have shown interest, and plans to approach school presidents next.

"Put $500 million in the bank and go to all the schools and pay them money as an option," Cuban said. "Say, 'Look, I'm going to give you X amount every five years. In exchange, you say if you're picked for the playoff system, you'll go.' "

Mar 16, 2005
MARK CUBAN NEEDS TO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WATCH THE MAVS CHOKE EVERY YEAR.

BASEBALL DOESNT WANT HIS INPUT AND NEITHER DOES COLLEGE FOOTBALL
actually he wants what everyone else wants except for the creedy top core football/atheltic directors. They dont want a playoff due to money it takes away from what they get at respective bowls and such now. His approach is kind of directing them towards that, but it is still a pipe dream. Until directors care what fans want they will stay the course and continue to line thiers, and thier programs pockets

Feb 8, 2006
paying a ceo of a bowl game over $700,000 doesn't make sense and its a scam i'm just glad more people are waking up