Make Beats on your iPhone or iPod

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release of its first iPhone/iPod Touch application: GrooveMaker.

GrooveMaker for the iPhone is a re-invention of IK's original Mac/PC application now with interactive touch control and complete mobility. Each GrooveMaker Pack is a powerful combination of software and sound loops, allowing you to produce beats, grooves and even full soundtracks, all in real-time, anywhere!

* GrooveMaker offers a totally new experience working with loops! The library sound content is organized in groups of over 60 loops per "Song". "Songs" are like mega-construction-kits where all the loops can be combined with one another for millions of possible, unique mixes. Loop types include entire drum grooves, kicks, bass lines, percussions, effects, instrumental lines and pads.

* 4 style-based randomization buttons allow you to instantly combine a massive amount of synchronized grooves together with one touch. Using IK's patented "groove generator" technology, GrooveMaker allows you to produce millions of different combinations of loops on the fly. No other software gets you so many remix groove variations so quickly and all with real time control of your mix!

* Entire groove snapshots can then be sequenced to produce a whole song with ease and exported to your Mac/PC using a WiFi connection as high-quality 44Khz-16 bit WAV files. You can import your tracks into your preferred DAW or DJ program and take it even further!

There are currently 4 GrooveMaker Style Packs available: FREE, Club, House and Hip-Hop plus 4 more coming soon: Techno, Trance, Drum 'n' Bass and Electro.

You can see all of this in action in the latest series of GrooveMaker videos. You can try it for yourself by downloading our GrooveMaker FREE now!

If you are into DJing/remixing, GrooveMaker can be an invaluable source for making beats and grooves and can even be incorporated live into innovative DJ sets.

If you are a composer using loops, GrooveMaker will allow you to come up with inspirational rhythmic tracks, efficiently, with incredible speed and a totally new approach to loop browsing and groove composition.

All of this for only $9.99 (EUR7.99) /$4.99 (EUR3.99)! Plus a totally FREE version! Hundreds of loops are included in each pack yet it is sold at a fraction of the cost of comparable loops libraries. Each pack also includes the software for your iPhone/iPod Touch! Available on the App Store now: http://www.groovemaker.com/teaser.php

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
I don`t have the iPhone, so I don`t bother to keep up on the apps.

Just seeing the evolution of technology to be able to produce music on your iphone or ipod is crazy to me. I never heard of this program until today, so I`m not endorsing it, but just thought about opening up the convo about it.

Who would actually use this, or use something like it? And if you`ve used something similar, post a link to a beat made with it. I`m curious to see what it sounds like, or if the shit sounds cheap, like some 1980`s casio.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
it sounds cheap, but its a good reference point, and its not advanced enough yeah EG being pressure sesitive, if you press harder itll sound harder. i dont like the fact most of them use metronomes like fruity loops. they need to find a way to cut samples on the iphone and import it on the iphone via a button and be able to use that for loops for samples.

i use it when im fucking around or when i have a thought in my head. but i use the drum pads and just make beats without programming them kinda like beating on a table, instead of the programming because its not advanced enough for me.

i like it, but itll probably take another year or two before it reaches the point of actual quality samplers.

a few of the ones i have are cool cuz you can eq the specific sounds or samples individually so the lows of the bass can be louder and lower, but all in all its not gonna make you put your beat equipment down at home.

maybe one day they can expand on it, like make turntables with usb ports and sample friendly programming, and it might be sick. i gotta figure out if theres a way to turn the metronomes in the shit off, because itll change around the speed of the programming which is wack.
most of them are cheap programs so they didnt try super hard to make it great but its about the equivelent of the early fruity loops versions, the best part is the touchpad because it can double as a drumpad.