Madd Rappers.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2002
www.jtrey.com
Madd Rappers...perfectly stated.

I'm an emcee that actually does shows. And there's always a few MAD RAPPERS that show up thinkin' they're the Big Willy Of Freestylin' and need to get on the mic. They don't understand or know of all the work that's done to put on a show. They didn't hustle a 40 year old rock n roll fan who hates hip hop to let you get a gig at their bar. They didn't spend money on flyers and post up 1000 copies all over town so outta the two people that actually read em 1 of em shows up. Don't come to a show and think you deserve sh!t but an entertaining set. MAD RAPPERS don't know what it takes to be a "REAL" artists...not some street corner battler or some cyber shit talkin' hoecake (you know who I'm talkin' bout).

MADD RAPPERS says everything that I feel about these "self-proclaimed" artists. Get your ass outta Yahoo Chat and on to a real stage, in a real venue, in front of real people. Drop an album that doesn't have CD-R stamped on it. Drop 1000s of dollars on studio time, press kits, gas money, hotels, food, alcohol, etc etc etc and SEE NONE OF IT BACK cuz you're doin' shows in the boondocks so more people will get to hear your shit.
(But shit talkers will say, "What about the money you get for performing?". Well $300 divided by 3 people in the group is $100 a piece. Subtract gas money, hotel costs, food, flyers, phone calls, alcohol, etc and we spend more money then we make.)

When you do some of that then you can call yourself a REAL RAPPER instead of a MAD RAPPER.

Thanks Miracle..song is dope.

May 2, 2002
www.straightvodkaent.com
tadou said:
^^ I can understand that...but to elaborate: I consider myself an emcee; not a rapper. Allow me to explain (and effectively ruin the comedic cadence of this thread).

The rapper is the one that throws money into his projects and does their best to live off of them. While i'd like to be (my definition of) a rapper some day, that day is not tomorrow or the next day, and i will be the first one to admit this.

The emcee is the one that gets on the mic and flows, because people appreciate it; and whether or not they have a CD in stores, they have that respect as someone who can grab the mic and spit--without beats, without a premise, without a CD of theirs to play. I have that respect in my own area, and in many other 'circles' i have spit with, INCLUDING ones in Bellingham, Seattle, Astoria, and so on.
hmmm... i just did a show 2 weeks ago over my songs, followed by freestylin'-with a beat, a beatbox, and a accapella. and after all was said and done i got paid, so what does that make me?

and for the record, skylar came to WATCH us perform and afterward joined us by serving a couple of cats off the top of dome.

Jun 11, 2002
www.jtrey.com
Tipsy Reply

@Tipsy

That was a fun show. I don't know what the best part was, your set or the free keg!!!!!!

@Everybody else

Tipsy is the shit. He's the kinda guy that don't jump the gun on stupid shit, he'll professional about his ish, and he's a dope emcee. This guy will network with cats and RETURN favors. Good man. If you ever get a chance to do business with him you'll see what I'm talkin' about.

Skylar Johnson

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
tadou said:
^^ I can understand that...but to elaborate: I consider myself an emcee; not a rapper. Allow me to explain (and effectively ruin the comedic cadence of this thread).

The rapper is the one that throws money into his projects and does their best to live off of them. While i'd like to be (my definition of) a rapper some day, that day is not tomorrow or the next day, and i will be the first one to admit this.

The emcee is the one that gets on the mic and flows, because people appreciate it; and whether or not they have a CD in stores, they have that respect as someone who can grab the mic and spit--without beats, without a premise, without a CD of theirs to play. I have that respect in my own area, and in many other 'circles' i have spit with, INCLUDING ones in Bellingham, Seattle, Astoria, and so on.

I didnt expound as well as i could have, but you should be able to get my basic point. Rappers show&prove through how much money they spend and jobs they do...Emcees show&prove through freestyles, written skills & battle credentials; and being that there is, seemingly, not enough money to be had out in (among many others) this NorthWest area...of COURSE Rappers are going to be at the forefront!! But just wait til you catch sight of the Hybrids on the come-up......
Then goto the eastcoast, dumb mother fucker. I can freestyle, I can battle, but do I walk around forums talking trash and bragging about shit that personally is nothing? If you can't make a decent quality song thats worth listening too, and perform it, you won't get anywhere. You could battle and freestyle as much as you want, that won't get you shit, not even that much respect. I'ts like a 5'0 basketball player waisting his time trying to get a scholarship or some shit. You got to go the whole nine yards if you want to be a well-rounded respected artist, not battles on yahoo chat and "CYPHAZZ" in some back alley with your little friends.

Its funny how he throws in bitch ass words like hes Einstein, "I didn't expatiate as well as I could have, but the blooo bada boo bla"

The only shows you gonna be rocking will be on a highschool stage with a bunch of children infront of you. You can teach them your pathetic "RAPPER VS EMCEE" theory, that is retarted might I add. A rapper is a rapper, its all the same shit. In one hand you got Mos Def, Phaorah Monche, Trible Called Quest, RUN-DMC, etc and on the other hand you got Cool Nutz, J-Dub, Syko, Bullet, Notes, and artists like that. They have completely different styles but its the same shit, its rap its hiphop, its urban, its whatever you want to call it. Stop with the cross-road, real rap on this side fake rap on this side type shit, its gay and old.

My point, don't hate on a artist cause he's making money doing something creative, and your making wack shit that wouldn't even be considered a freebie, nobody would buy your shit. If you could make money rappin' and live off that shit, you would jump at the oppourtunity. Grow up Tadou, open your eyes, get out of your little fucking isolated igloo.

later

Dec 11, 2002
Mr. Samos said:
My point, don't hate on a artist cause he's making money doing something creative, and your making wack shit that wouldn't even be considered a freebie, nobody would buy your shit. If you could make money rappin' and live off that shit, you would jump at the oppourtunity. Grow up Tadou, open your eyes, get out of your little fucking isolated igloo.
:classic:

Jan 17, 2003
STREETLEVELRECORDS.COM
MADD RAPPERS says everything that I feel about these "self-proclaimed" artists. Get your ass outta Yahoo Chat and on to a real stage, in a real venue, in front of real people. Drop an album that doesn't have CD-R stamped on it. Drop 1000s of dollars on studio time, press kits, gas money, hotels, food, alcohol, etc etc etc and SEE NONE OF IT BACK cuz you're doin' shows in the boondocks so more people will get to hear your shit.
(But shit talkers will say, "What about the money you get for performing?". Well $300 divided by 3 people in the group is $100 a piece. Subtract gas money, hotel costs, food, flyers, phone calls, alcohol, etc and we spend more money then we make.)

When you do some of that then you can call yourself a REAL RAPPER instead of a MAD