Mac Money Article

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
here is the mac money article that was in the green river community college newspaper. and D.O.G. i still got your address, and i will be sendin you your copies i just been way too fuckin busy. i havent forgot, they will be out to you soon.....

MAC MONEY RELEASES SOLO CD
Local Hip Hop Artist holds CD Release Party at the ISpy

On Oct 4 local hip-hop artist Mac Money held the CD release party for his new album “Tales of a G.” This Friday night show at the I spy displayed the success all age shows downtown have had lately since the undoing of the Teen Dance Ordinance. Other local artists Mr. D.O.G., Unexpected Arrival, Cool Nutz and Central Intelligence also entertained the diverse crowd. Though the show was held from 6 -10pm, a handful of fans came down to see the show, with the first 20 through the door receiving a free copy of Mac Money’s new CD. Mac’s first single from his debut solo album, “Just Dippin’,” received considerable airplay from local radio stations KUBE 93.3 and many others while selling over a thousand units in its first month of release. After spending much of his life in and out of prison Mac refocused his life and decided to use the rhyming skills he’d been developing since he was 13. “When I speak on violence in my rhymes, it’s just me painting a picture of what I experienced and showing how fabulous its not, hoping to discourage others from following suite,” says Mac, whose own mother was killed due to street violence. Indie Artist of the Year Unexpected Arrival blessed the crowd with a lively set that included the song “Take Control,” which also won Single of the Year at the annual Northwest Music Awards.
Bow Wow Records, an independent record label based in Tacoma, put on the all ages event. Earlier this year Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels presented the label with the first annual Mayor’s award for Musical Excellence, Business Acumen and Community Involvement. The award is meant to go the most active and most visible label that gives back to the community as well. “It feels good to get recognition for all the blood, sweat and tears I put into our music. We’ve been saying we’re the most active label in the state and now we get to see the state admit it,” explained the labels CEO and original artist Mr. D.O.G. D.O.G. and Mac Money are well known throughout the northwest, opening for names like Ludacris, Too Short, E-40, Sir Mix-a-lot and the Luniz. Mac Money is currently on tour with Bow Wow Records in support of his current release. Unfortunately violence erupted outside the same venue later that night after another CD release party. Two people were killed due to a senseless gun battle, with one of those killed being a well respected veteran local rap artist named Len Kapone. These tragic events coupled with past incidents of violence have drawn unwanted attention to the local music scene that is battling for its own spot on the national hip-hop map.
To listen to Mac Money’s Tale of A G go to www.mp3.com/mac_money
For more info on Mac Money or Bow Wow Records go to www.bwr2000.com