Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha The Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2002
Alright fam, I just came up on a sealed copy of this and was contemplating if I should've left the plastic seal just for the hell of it. But I couldn't resist to find out if it was the Blue or Silver top OG disc. I opened it and here are the pics for everyone's reference. I just emailed fellow ebay seller inmyrapworld because he just recently sold a silver top OG with the DIDX ringcode. He claims he's version is rarer than the Blue disc. I know there is the most recent 3rd press silver top CD with the 210-SBC2030NEW ringcode. A lot of folks, including myself consider the Blue disc the true OG, but now with this RAINBO ringcode in the picture, what is the order? Blue Disc, Didx, Rainbo, and then the 2030? Or.........

Before I couldn't resist to open up the plastic wrapping:

Attachments

May 1, 2002
Here's the inmyrapworld's recent sold auction:

Mac Dre "Young Black Brotha" Original Press Silver Disc Rarer Than Blue CD | eBay

This one he has up right now brand new/sealed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Dre-You...222&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&sd=251271563048&

I emailed him and he said

" Dear layziemarv,

funny you ask. i can see the blue disc. looking thru the side of case with a flash light i can slightly see the blue disc under the liner note. this is the original barcode back. give it a try, you might need to be in the dark to see better.

- inmyrapworld "

Last edited:
Props: Th!zZ7-0-7
Jan 6, 2003
I see the DIDX argument for it being an OG. I think the actual DIDX ring codes are increasing, and since the inmyrapworld ring code is starting with 14 it might be from back in the 92-93.
I got the silver disc with either DIDX or Rainbo ring code at home. I'll check tonight.

Why do you consider the blue disc the OG? did you buy it back then or is is just convenient for the ones that have the blue disc that the first press is blue while all later releases are silver? I have to admit that I can't remember many discs having the inner plastic ring full colored aka being non-transparent bak in 92... I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
Maybe im wrong but i think he made that "rarer then blue" shit to enhance his auction. Hes got the playaz n the game smg press listed as smg 1st press.

Isnt that the font rainbo used 94/95 on? Not the old school rainbo style. Interesting find..

Jan 6, 2003
Exactly my thoughts too, but if you collect OGs you don't care if another version is much rarer for some reason LOL. "I got the super duper rare 5th version, rare as fuck dog!"

Yeah, I'd guess the RAINBO version is from 95-97. It's the font they used back then, like the Dre Dog Jim Jones re-release

May 1, 2002
I've had my fair share of Mac Dre Young Black Brothas in the past. Only came across 2 Blue discs and the most recent re-release. Never had the silver top DIDX.

Apr 25, 2006
my 2 cents: other releases around that time all had their inserts "printed in canada" printed on it. To me I considered these to be the OG's again due to the fact that other releases like Ray Love was printed in canada and damn near everything that came out around that time was....food for thought

Jan 6, 2003
I got the RAINBO version that you have found. I bought mine in 96/97 which fits with how RAINBO had their font back then. If you check Ray Luv who can be trusted, the disc had the thin small letter RAINBO ring code with the date and everything. Mac Mall had another type of ring code, more like what is listed as the 2nd press of Mac Dre YBB silver disc. The Blue disc has a font like the newer RAINBO ring codes.

paul

May 12, 2002
I have the silver DIDX version that I got back in the day, I bought it used so I can't say it is the true OG or not, but it is exactly the same as the well-known "blue disc OG version" otherwise.

I have one of the re-releases (2030) whose covers look exactly like the pictures you posted at the start of this thread, but mine does not have a rainbo ringcode... Instead it has a USMD-CA ringcode. So I guess here is yet another pressing.