Lynch is done

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
although I could really careless how another person feels about an album or artist, because I only listen to music I LIKE and not what others like...but I just wanted to point something out...

first off I like every Lynch solo album so far ....LBI was tight in my opinion eventhough some of the beats(like a couple) I could have done with out..but to say he's DONE..I disagree...His flow is not that much different from Loaded(he still has that slow then fast then slow again)..the only thing is(IMO), he rapped more aggressive on LBI due to the beats...on Loaded he used Phonk Beta's beats(which I like very much) and EVERYBODY knows that Beta's beats are more laid back and chill...if u were to give Lynch a slow beat he would sound the same(even though I dont think he sounds different at all) as he did on Loaded..

with that said...to anyone who said they didnt like LBI, but they like the rest of his albums...thatz ok you have EVERY RIGHT to feel this way...I think itz funny that you say "he's done" after ONE album that you didnt like..what happened to every artist having at least ONE that isnt as good as the rest? You guys are basically saying that if a person can produce 5 tight albums and their last one is not as tight as the others, then that person is "Done"(just an example)...how so? why cant yall just chalk LBI up as a loss and just wait til his next one?

if his pattern continues, meaning that if u continue to not like his albums(any Lynch solo after LBI) then yeah I can understand if you were to say "Lynch is done," but to already say that after ONLY 1 "supposedly" dissappointing album..i dont think thats right..no artist is perfect...Im talking about LYNCH solo's not compilations or anything like that...

This post isnt about Lynch as much as it is about music artists in general... Since I dont expect ANY artist to be perfect or since I never know what an artist is going through while they are making certain albums, I give every artist room for error, but its the steady pattern that counts....so I would say wait for Lynch to drop another SOLO album, and then decide if you think he is "done"....I think Lynch is a good enough artist for him to have room for error(eventhough he hasnt dissappointed me yet)...

If you think what I speak is non-sense and choose not to wait for his next solo to decide then thatz coo...life will still go on..

Jul 14, 2002
www.evildooinz.com
Rob S4 said:
Why are you getting so offended as to even call me a dumbass? I didnt insult you at all. Iam going to break it down like this. I probably have listend to more rap then you have ever heard of. So to say I dont what Iam talking about in the rap game makes no sense. Why did you come on here for him, he doesnt need you to defend him from me. Iam just a guy who doenst want to pay $15 for a cd that Iam not going to listen to. Its not about being a fan. Kevin is just a person hes not a rap God or anything. For you to sit there and say I dont know his is true I dont, I have never kicked it with him once in my life. I do know him from his music. You dont see it like we do. Its okay though I dont expect you to because your his girl so of course you have a biased opinion of Kevin Mann. Its awfully funny though that many cats agree with what I speak on. I know exactly what Iam saying and as an MC I can tell other rappers and when they are not on point. Iam not mad at you for insulting me because all you know is Lynch, you know nothing outside of that. My girl would probably say the same things your saying to me know because she loves me and has my back in that way, but her opinion is biased because she loves me. Brotha Lynch is dead his last cd was Loaded. EBK 4 wasnt his and niether were the other ced releases. I dont hate him for it, just dont listen to him. If your mad about loss of sales then take that up with Kevin. As the homie said he had his chance to blow up but lost it. Loaded was on the BILLBOARD charts, Brotha Lynch. It was then that I really felt lynch lyrically. After that on the Ced albums lynch was tight. LBI wasnt Lynch it was Kevin Mann. If Lynch wanted straight Lyrics he could do it. What Iam saying here his you have no idea how we feel at all because your family with him. Before you try and insult look at it from all angles not just yours. Peace.
like i said .. that's your opinion, and your entitled to it, but u was never a lynch fan.. i don't feel u . i'm not in your position, but i hear alot more from him than u could ever know. so that's the reason for my opinion. p.s. i'm not dissin u, i just aint feel'n u .
zagg

Jul 14, 2002
www.evildooinz.com
it lso sounds like your the one that changed your style, used to like ripgut shit, now u ain feelin that. that's u.
but what's real is.. people change, just like u changed what u like , he has also, and the funny thing bout that. is , the next album (solo)he does will be some other type a shit, and its up to u if you rebecome a lynch fan after that. but if u notice none of his shit is the same. if he rapped the same shit , with the same style all the time , on every album, he might as well make the same album over and over again. i noticed from my own experiences, that what u go through or your thought process is what you write about. i don't know of anyone that goes through the same trials and tribulations over and over again in life, so why stay wit the same style?. bottom line is , i can personally guarentee you that his new album is bout to be heated. he has a few songs of each style . and a few new ones. wait til he's actually dead or falls off the roster, before you say lynch is dead. cuz hell yeah that's a personal comment, and it can be taken personally. that's my opinion.
zagg

Sep 28, 2002
its hard to sometimes be a fan of siccmade because you patiently waiting on a release and it keeps getting pushed back. i understand the business, but sometimes it takes days!!! everything lynch has dropped is fire, i've been a fan of lynch since i got into his music. i think that LBI is hard as fuck, and i don't think that he would drop a cd that his fans would not feel. to me it just seems that lynch has had some bad luck in the music business and it's a shame. he is the most underrated rapper and he deserves to be recognized and respected thoroughout all of the hip hop and rap game.

Jun 24, 2003
T-Spoon said:
like i said, i do not c how ya'll can say lynch fell off LYRICALLY. his lyrics are on point. i kno a gang uv foos that didnt like loaded (they say it's too mellow and laid bacc) but LOVE lynch by inch (his LYRICS are better). honesly i jus cant c why ya'll say lynch aint spittin fire no more. this nigga went from "but lynch is not the one, to go out from a gunshot wound, nigga i'm not done that soon, bitches they cum, but nut just like tha rest, caught one in they chest, shoulda wore a vest, and oh wut a bloody mess" U TELLIN ME THAT SHIT IS BETTER THAN WUT HE SPITS ON LBI???!!!!!!!! i LOVE season of the sicc, but to say he rapped better bacc then is BULLSHIT! that wuz mediocre shit. fucc that, i'm anticipatin tha HELL outta dinner and a movie, along with some NEW fans that heard lynch on lbi for tha first time. fold.
Well put homie. I aggree with you

Feb 8, 2003
the-she said:
. if he rapped the same shit , with the same style all the time , on every album, he might as well make the same album over and over again. . i don't know of anyone that goes through the same trials and tribulations over and over again in life, so why stay wit the same style?. bottom line is ,

Perfectly put
I agree wit you on that one.

Feb 19, 2003
@DatNigga and The-She: Best points so far. It's about time someone on this thread started talking sense. You can't expect an artist to stay the same every album. You have to grow WITH the artist. As much as I dug (and still dig) SOTS, I personally would have been disappointed if LBI HAD sounded exactly like that CD...I probably would have bumped it regularly enough, but the only thing that it would have proven to me would have been that "Lynch still sounds like he did back in '95/'96" and not much more. I don't know Lynch personally, but my guess is that after all he went through, with the court case, his mother's death (which DOES effect your mindstate--I lost my Mom in '98, so I've been there) and whatnot that he probably wasn't in the mood to do the kind of conceptual CD that DINNER & A MOVIE is rumored to be. So he made LBI more autobiographical in nature, but general enough so that even if you don't know his personal story, you could still relate to the situations described in the songs, and I dig it. Some of the production took some getting used to for me, but I was eventually able to dig that for the most part as well. It's a matter of personal taste.

Anyone who didn't like LBI is more than entitled to that opinion for sure--after all, one man's trash is another's treasure. But yeah, we really should wait and see what Lynch drops on his next solo CD, keeping in mind that THIS time, he (supposedly) won't be rushed (as E-Moe said Lynch was when he did LBI). Let's see what he can do when he works at his OWN pace (hopefully, the results will pay off).

PEACE!

Feb 4, 2004
How in the fuck was LBI rushed? shit took for ever to drop and what exactly is ''Lynchs own pace'' an album evry 3 years? Ima fan of his shit and aways will be but damn I kinda forget about dude cause he take so long to drop albums

Feb 19, 2003
tonymontana925 said:
How in the fuck was LBI rushed? shit took for ever to drop and what exactly is ''Lynchs own pace'' an album evry 3 years? Ima fan of his shit and aways will be but damn I kinda forget about dude cause he take so long to drop albums
E-Moe mentioned this last summer about LBI, when someone asked him about the CD...hope it helps:

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1069587&postcount=11

PEACE!

Feb 8, 2005
I'm not making my view point off of one album. It all started on that blocc movement, he started to switch then moved on wit LBI to Uthanizm to the new sicc mixx verses etc. He started on them beats and that other style that he got now. it just kept going from there. next thing you know he started on this new shit. Thing is Lynch is Lynch and i always new him as that rip-gut style. Zagg u right if he going keep rapping about that then he might as well make the same album over and over BUT some styles don't fit certain people as good as others. Could you imagine 2pac Rapping about nigga nuts and guts? With that being said it's like lynch i feel u on talking about the real shit but at the same time it dosen't fit his style, his persona, it don't mesh wit the rip gut and that's why i feel the lyrics sufferd cuz lynch never really rapped about real shit back in the day so when he tried to go there he didn't know how to bring it from that level cuz that's not lynch's style on the rap tip. I don't know how he is in real life zagg, so don't take that wrong. He got to be diffrent in real life cuz the way he talks on the album but it just aint his style yet. He should drop that 4 U MOMMA to let all the fans know where he's really coming from now. I think that will let us know like "Ok i know where here going wit his music now"

Peace.

Feb 8, 2003
I was feeling everything Sicmade dropped except Uthanism, but other than that I bumped. All yeah I never found that LOKI 21 GUN SALUTE album, I know I'm later than a pregnant female waiting on her period.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Spits said:
I'm not making my view point off of one album. It all started on that blocc movement, he started to switch then. He started on them beats and that other style that he got now. it just kept going from there. next thing you know he started on this new shit. Thing is Lynch is Lynch and i always new him as that rip-gut style. Zagg u right if he going keep rapping about that then he might as well make the same album over and over BUT some styles don't fit certain people as good as others. Could you imagine 2pac Rapping about nigga nuts and guts? With that being said it's like lynch i feel u on talking about the real shit but at the same time it donm't fit his style, his persona, it don't mesh wit the rip gut and that's why i feel the lyrics sufferd cuz lynch never really rapped about real shit back in the day so when he tried to go there he didn't know how to bring it from that level cuz that's not lynch's style on the rap tip. I don't know how he is in real life zagg, so don't take that wrong. He got to be diffrent in real life cuz the way he talks on the album but it just aint his style yet. He should drop that 4 U MOMMA to let all the fans know where he's really coming from now. I think that will let us know like "Ok i know where here going wit his music now"

Peace.
its interesting how people can listen to the same album, but pay attention to different things...I listened to SOTS and dont get me wrong, when he did talk about RipGut stuff it was entertaining, but I never concluded that was the FOCUS of his style...because he didnt talk about that on EVERY track, meaning that wasnt the focus of ALL his songs Perhaps you did conclude that Lynch was "RipGut" and nothing else, which makes the transition harder for you when he talks about real stuff..

Even as far back as 24 Deep,he didnt Focus on that stuff on songs like...
"24 Deep"
"lose a ho gain a ho"
"back fade"
"walking to my funeral"...etc....

ON SEASON
"Rest in Piss"
"Locc 2 Da Brain"
"Liquor Sicc"
"Datz Real Gangsta"
"Deep Down"
"Dead Man Walking"....etc..

What this shows is that Lynch has ALWAYS rapped "regular" and does not include that "RipGut" style in every song...and the songs I mentioned are some of his best...as far back as SOTS goes, I felt as though that(ripgut) was APART of his style, but I never felt that was his WHOLE style..Lynch was a tight rapper whether he rapped about that stuff or not....

and LOADED did NOT include A LOT of that "RipGut" stuff...Perhaps when you listened to the older Lynch material, you pay more attention to his RG(ripgut) style more so than you paid attention to his regular rhymes.. You probably prefer that style more, which is coo, but I just wanted to point out that the RG style was not include in majority of his songs and I think we(fanz of Lynch) sometimes forget that....

so with that said..I feel where u coming from, but I disagree when u said that Lynch rapping about "real" stuff doesnt fit his style...I like more personal and real songs..songs like "Tried to shoot" and "gotta die soon" are songs that I can really feel Lynch on...I think Lynch is 1 of the few rappers where people actually dont mind if they talk about fake/unrealistic stuff (ex: ripgut)...

I dont mind Lynch being sicc, but as long as he comes with some real stuff too, because i have heard complaints from both sides of the argument. The people who like the RG style(which is me) want him to keep including that in his songs, while the people who want him to talk about more realistic issues(which is also me) dont really care as much for the RG style, as they did in the 90's...both have the right to feel the way they do, but in the end Lynch should just do what he feels and if people like it then thatz a plus, but if they dont then you gotta feel satisfied as a man and an artist that you put out the music that was in your heart, and itz just too bad niggaz couldnt feel u...thatz real..

thatz why I feel underground music sooo much more than mainstream, because itz not just about making music that will sell..A lot of underground artist(while they are underground) make music that THEY feel and not what people are telling them to make..Lynch aint and shouldnt be no different...in the end it comes down to if you like his music buy it and if not then dont buy it..but if you do choose not to like Lynch because of your expectations on how you think he SHOULD sound then I hope whoever u listen to is tigher than him...as long as Lynch comes tight on the mic(which I think he does) then im coo...

If yall dont feel what I speak..itz coo...no disrespect, because its all about preferance so there are no wrong or right answers....

Feb 8, 2005
I also feel that lynch when he did try 2 take it to the rip gut, it didn't work as good cuz he wasn't feeling that way. He was feeling "tried 2 shoot" he was feeling "i went from" he was feeling "die soon" so that's why those songs are so much more better i think than the songs where he tries to spit the rip gut. Also he was starting to change wit tracks like 'die soon" and "rolled wit me" but we didn't get that proper transition b-cuz of ced putting a list of tracks together. My point is that no matter how much a person don't like it you are always known for a style when it comes to music and when you flip it, you run the risk of killing ya image. The rip gut is how he was known, that's what put him out there. It was the shook value. The loaded album was sicc but in a pyscological kind of way not just in ya face. It's like Loaded was hannibal lector, mental but still very very sicc calculated shit. While SOS was jeffery domar, in ya face brutal sicc shit. Loaded is my fav. lynch album, everything just came together so i prefer the rip-gut wit a twist of the pyscological. Also that EBK4 flava was nice too.

Feb 8, 2005
Plain and simple though lynch's way of putting his words wit his style punch lines lyrics delivery, and just overall way of rapping is diffrent. It's just not as tight no more. It's not just what he talks about, it's also how he does it. When he spit sicc shit to diss shit it's just not on point no more. What's that song on LBI he says "Slim locc you's a slim joke" that's wack and the old lynch wouldn't have pressed that out.

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
Zag, don't trip, most of these cats where in diapers when lynch just got started, they don't understand true artist, they rather listen to Nelly and the backstreet boyz and tape there photo's on their walls at 23-27 yrs of age. We know the history of Brotha Lynch Hung, I remember when Lynch came to my house in L.A. coming back from the FREAK-Nic with Homocide yrs. ago, he had a bucket of Chicken wings and a 40oz., of Ole English, and Lynch is still the same cat today, KEEPIN IT REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2003
DatNigga said:
its interesting how people can listen to the same album, but pay attention to different things...I listened to SOTS and dont get me wrong, when he did talk about RipGut stuff it was entertaining, but I never concluded that was the FOCUS of his style...because he didnt talk about that on EVERY track, meaning that wasnt the focus of ALL his songs Perhaps you did conclude that Lynch was "RipGut" and nothing else, which makes the transition harder for you when he talks about real stuff..

Even as far back as 24 Deep,he didnt Focus on that stuff on songs like...
"24 Deep"
"lose a ho gain a ho"
"back fade"
"walking to my funeral"...etc....

ON SEASON
"Rest in Piss"
"Locc 2 Da Brain"
"Liquor Sicc"
"Datz Real Gangsta"
"Deep Down"
"Dead Man Walking"....etc..

What this shows is that Lynch has ALWAYS rapped "regular" and does not include that "RipGut" style in every song...and the songs I mentioned are some of his best...as far back as SOTS goes, I felt as though that(ripgut) was APART of his style, but I never felt that was his WHOLE style..Lynch was a tight rapper whether he rapped about that stuff or not....

and LOADED did NOT include A LOT of that "RipGut" stuff...Perhaps when you listened to the older Lynch material, you pay more attention to his RG(ripgut) style more so than you paid attention to his regular rhymes.. You probably prefer that style more, which is coo, but I just wanted to point out that the RG style was not include in majority of his songs and I think we(fanz of Lynch) sometimes forget that....

so with that said..I feel where u coming from, but I disagree when u said that Lynch rapping about "real" stuff doesnt fit his style...I like more personal and real songs..songs like "Tried to shoot" and "gotta die soon" are songs that I can really feel Lynch on...I think Lynch is 1 of the few rappers where people actually dont mind if they talk about fake/unrealistic stuff (ex: ripgut)...

I dont mind Lynch being sicc, but as long as he comes with some real stuff too, because i have heard complaints from both sides of the argument. The people who like the RG style(which is me) want him to keep including that in his songs, while the people who want him to talk about more realistic issues(which is also me) dont really care as much for the RG style, as they did in the 90's...both have the right to feel the way they do, but in the end Lynch should just do what he feels and if people like it then thatz a plus, but if they dont then you gotta feel satisfied as a man and an artist that you put out the music that was in your heart, and itz just too bad niggaz couldnt feel u...thatz real..

thatz why I feel underground music sooo much more than mainstream, because itz not just about making music that will sell..A lot of underground artist(while they are underground) make music that THEY feel and not what people are telling them to make..Lynch aint and shouldnt be no different...in the end it comes down to if you like his music buy it and if not then dont buy it..but if you do choose not to like Lynch because of your expectations on how you think he SHOULD sound then I hope whoever u listen to is tigher than him...as long as Lynch comes tight on the mic(which I think he does) then im coo...

If yall dont feel what I speak..itz coo...no disrespect, because its all about preferance so there are no wrong or right answers....
Wow! Real talk right there. Yeah, I agree...Lynch has many different styles, not just one. It's just all a matter of what moves the individual.

PEACE!

Aug 7, 2002
i dont mind lynch bein sick too ya know....but to much rip gut style dam lol that just aint really my shitt though my shit is that Loaded shit....spittin that real nite creepa type feel...