LOWRIDER MAG, LEGENDS 2003 CARSHOW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2002
Dont know if this has to do with this boycott, but a couple of years ago the editor sold the magazine to some other person who puts out various other mags and pretty much ppl feal that Lowrider mag "sold out" so car clubs boycotted the shows. mostly in socal but also some in norcal.

but if your asking about "homeboys" then that is a different story.

Jan 26, 2003
OH SHIT, NEVER KNEW THAT^^ WELL I DONT REALLY BUY LOWRIDER MAGAZINE, IM INTO ALL ALL THA RICE ROCKETS N CUSTOM TRUCK..LOW TRUCK N SHIT. NOT 4X4 BULLSHIT

Aug 6, 2002
Ohh yeah also alot of ppl dont read "BLVD" cause it is from the old editor of Lowrider. You see the old editor promotes BLVD as the real lowrider and ranks on lowrider for ugly rides, too much advertisements, and boring stories. And the truth is both have those flaws. And why even rank on lowrider if you should it for a grip of $, he is just trying to get back in the game.

Again if we are talking about a "homeboy ban" then this probably has nothing to do with it.

Aug 6, 2002
yeah where is the one this is asking about cause aint all the shows done in one year go by the same name (Legends in this case) that lowrider promotes.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
WOODIE said:
I'VE HEARD AND SEEN COMMENTS REGARDING HOMEBOYZ BOYCOTTING THIS EVENT. CAN SOMEONE VALIDATE IF THERE IS TRUTH BEHIND THIS???? OR JUST AN IDEA GETTIN' THROWN AROUND OUT THERE.
It would be best to ask the car club leaders about this. They can give you the straight story. I know down in Los Angeles at least a few clubs were boycotting all events sponsored by Lowrider/Go-Lo Ent. because of high registration prices and unfair treatment at the shows. Recently, however, I believe they stopped the boycott. Don't take my word for it tho--I'm just speakin on what I have heard. Get the real deal from some of the homies involved in it.

Also peep this thread:

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38336

I'm have some questions about the connection between Lowrider and BLVD. In that thread, WiCkEd said that Albert Lopez sold LRM and started BLVD, but the publishers of BLVD are Lonnie Lopez and Elliot Gilbert. I believe both used to work for LRM...so what's really?