Lowdown & DRF interviews

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I decided to make this a seperate thread so it wouldn't be lost in all the drf/lowdown related topics that are up right now. So here are all the interviews.

Interview with Crooked of the Darkroom Familia
This is what the title says, an interview with the Darkroom Familia member named Crooked. This interview took place over the weekend of June 23rd to June 25th:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. Who are the core rappers of DRF?
Crooked: The first thing that I wanna let people know is that we have been doing this since 1988-over 12 years now. A lot of people think that we're new to the rap game or that our first CD was Penitentiary Chances. Well, Duke and Me put out our first tape in 1988. It was a black and white maxi-single that was shrinkwrapped with a hair dryer. We would go all over the Bay Area and sell our tapes out of a backpack at malls and wherever there were homeboys around. We're from Hayward, Ca and Oakland is only five minutes away. San Francisco is right over the bridge. So we would go to every independent record store that we knew of in the Bay Area. We'd go to T's Wauzi in Eastmont Mall and Durant Square in Oakland. We would go to Stop, Look & Listen in Fremont and stores like that. If you were a rapper in the Bay Area-those were some of the places you would go to sell your shit. Anyway, at the same time in Tracy, Ca, Sir Syno was pretty much doing the same thing with his group-G.U.N, in the Central Valley. We started performing at shows, car shows and shit. And that's how we met Dyno. That was in 90'. We hooked up and started the Darkroom in 93'. Me(Crooked), Duke, Sir Dyno-We started the Darkroom along with Dee-Roll. He's from the Acorn projects in West Oakland, Ca. If you have our older CDs, you'll remember his name. Unfortunately, Dee-Roll quit rapping and moved away. But Duke, Dyno and Me are still holding down the fort. Darkroom has always and will always be the founding members. Then there's a few rappers who've been with us since we started Darkroom. Oso is one of those rappers. DjMT is another. Other homeboys down with us are Dub, the newer, youger homeboys-J-Loc and Sapo, A.L.G-he's also in LowDown. And Despite what some people believe, LowDown is still with us. As a matter of fact, Never and Lil Wyno are on the new Darkroom album-HOMICIDE KINGS. On a track titled "STILL DARKROOM"-that's for the non-believers. Even though they stayed with that other label, they're still down with us.

BWFP: 2. How many cds has DRF released in total? (including solo cds)
Crooked: Honestly, I lost count. Over 44 guaranteed. We don't even have some of our older shit. I don't even have a copy of our first tape. This year alone we've released damn near 14 albums-solos and group albums combined.

BWFP: 3. How do you feel about DogDay records since the departure?
Crooked: I feel great. I wanna make this perfectly clear-WE left THEM. They BEGGED us not to leave. They offered us $40,000 for our latest movie BLOOD & TEARS, we told 'em to fuck off! And we kept our movie. DogGay ain't nothin to us. We've been putting out albums BEFORE and AFTER them. We kept their lights on. I put that on anything. NO other group that they've had has ever put out as many albums as we have in one year. Who else makes movies? Only a few. We made them-they didn't make us. Us leaving them hasn't hurt us one bit. We just cut out the middle man and now we make all the money ourselves.
DogGay is a bullshit label. The two crooks who run that label are fuckin phonies. They are nothin but a big front. They keep a PO BOX in Oakland, but they have their office in beautiful Emeryville. They try to look like this down ass label, but the truth is that they're these old white people who don't know dick about rap. One of them is an ex-punk rocker and the other one is an ex-mail clerk. The only rap knowledge they have is 'cause they used to work with this underground rap one-stop in Oakland. But they really don't know what's going on in this rap game. Damn near EVERY artist has left them. D-NUT, U.D.I., Closed Caption, Funk Daddy, Crooked Path, Million Dollar Dream, Shay Deffa, Andre (Dre Dog) Nickatina, Herm, Darkoom, U.N.L.V., and that's just off the top of my head-there's more.

BWFP: 4. Are you still down with Never and Lowdown, since they is signed to DogDay?
Crooked: Most definitely. LowDown is still down with Darkroom. I got nothin but love for LowDown and DjMT. We left, they chose to stay. If DogGay is treating them good, then that's all that matters. LowDown has been in this rap game for many years. They deserve much props for everything they've done. I can't be mad at that. Who am I to tell them what to do? We're all homies and that ain't gonna change.

BWFP: 5. Though your new fans may or may not know, there have been earlier DRF projects such as "Players 4 Life" and "Guns" by The Deadly Game Clique. Who were the members and when were the cds released?
Crooked: PFL-MAJOR GAME is a compilation. There are many artists on that. Me, Duke, Dyno, Dee-Roll, Young Ant, Down-N-Dirty and a bunch of others. I think it came out in 95'. Deadly Game Clique-PROPOSITIONS is another compilation, My boy-DUB did that one. It's on his label-Federal Recordz, but it has DRF artists on it. I think it came out in 97' or 98'.

BWFP: 6. Are there any plans to re-release any really old stuff from the early days of Darkroom?
Crooked: Yes. We have released a CD called ENTER THE DARKROOM-89'-95'. It's a collection of songs from various DRF albums from 1989-1995. Also, we're planning on doing a volume 2 of that and we're also re-releasing Duke's first solo TO LIVE AND DIE IN THE BAY, re-mastered and featuring some new songs. That one comes out in July. Also, Dyno's other solo albums BROWN PERSUASION and LOCOTE. We'll probably combine the two albums together. Be on the lookout.

BWFP: 7. Are there any new DRF members who we haven't heard from yet and are there plans for them to release some cds?
Crooked: The newest members are J-Loc and Lil Sapo. J-Loc already released his first solo. It is called "The Criminal Element." He's working on his next one right now. It's almost done and so far, it's TIGHT. They were both featured on a few compilations that we did. The BROWN AREA and THE BROWN AREA-CALIFORNIA LATINS. They're the youngsters of Darkroom. They're gonna be dope over the years. They are both also featured on the new Darkroom album HOMICIDE KINGS.

BWFP: 8. Have any members ever been kicked out of DRF?
Crooked: Yes. The ones that aren't here are the ones that weren't putting any effort into this rap shit. Me, Duke and Dyno have put in work for over 12 years. We do EVERYTHING for our label-DARKROOM STUDIOS. We do ALL the footwork. We have our own studios, our own engineers, our own photographers, our own graphic designers, our own writers, directors, producers, rappers, filmmakers, We maintain our own website, etc,. Those guys are US. We do it all. These other guys think they're just gonna come in and make G's....and that's just not gonna happen. They don't understand that you have to PAY DUES....you have to EARN what you get. They just sat back and expected to get paid fat, but they didn't wanna put any of the footwork in. Ya know what I mean? A couple of them let the little fame that they got go to their heads and they thought they were the best MCs to ever touch a microphone. And that was their downfall. The ones who stayed and kept puttin in work and paying dues-now, they're getting paid fat. The ones that thought they were the shit and didn't wanna do shit-they're slangin' beef jerky at liquor stores or sitting on their asses and doing nothing. Like I said, since 88' and we're now finally making some money. This rap shit is a business, a very HARD business. You can't just jump in it and become a millionaire over-night. That's a 1 in a million chance that that's gonna happen. Ya know? For every Eminem, for every Snoop Dogg, there is a million rappers just like them who've put in work and continue to put in work, that don't have shit to show for it. This is all SHOW BUSINESS.

BWFP: 9. Is DRF still accepting new members?
Crooked: We always accept demos and shit. We're always makin those BROWN AREA compilations. So, if you're tight-send us a tape. PO BOX 56000 Hayward, Ca 94545.

BWFP: 10. Are there any plans to sign with a major recording company?
Crooked: Right now, we're making a living off of our music and movies and we'll continue to. If a major comes at us with a good contract then you never know what can happen.

BWFP: 11. What other rappers do you think are tight?
Crooked: Honestly, I don't really listen to too much rap nowadays. There's too many weak ass rappers out. The only shit I bump is the shit that I've always had like: Mac Dre, Too $hort, E-40, Above The Law, Tommy Wright III, shit like that. I can't fuckin stand all the radio bullshit.

BWFP: 12. What do you think of other norteño rappers, such as Woodie?
Crooked: Woodie is a cool ass homeboy. For real. I'm speaking personally here. He's a good guy. He was on our soundtrack for our movie BLOOD & TEARS. It's all Northern Love.

BWFP: 13. Do you plan on working with artists outside of DRF?
Crooked: We have and we probably will. But we only work with artists that we like, that we can feel. You know what I mean?

Apr 25, 2002
part 2

BWFP: 14. Why were some DRF cds banned and which ones were they?
Crooked: I can't speak too much on that but we released two CDs that got banned. One was called GangStories and they banned it at every major-chain store in the country. They sell GangStories now, but they banned the other one completely. These pigs out here have a hard-on for us. They have an open-file on us right now. When Dyno was locked up last year, all they did was bring up our CDs and movies in court. DARKROOM had NOTHING to do with Dyno's case, yet they allowed all this bullshit "evidence" into the courtroom. They brought out our lyrics and pictures and shit. They had went to Dyno's pad and they siezed all of the albums of DRF that he had in his house, all of the master recordings, computer discs, artwork for album covers and pictures. They brought all that shit into court with them. When we released those two CDs, there were political groups and mothers protesting our music at several major-chain stores. Them, along with the cops, told the stores that our CDs are gang related and that DARKROOM is a front for a drug cartel. They claim that we're involved in all sorts of illegal activity from drug dealing to gang banging. But they're trippin'. They ain't got shit on us. They ain't got me on no video tape or phone taps. The only dope I sell is these dope CDs.

BWFP: 15. Should we be on the lookout for any other Latinos rappers coming up?
Crooked: Unfortunately, there aren't too many. All the dope ones never get the chance to showcase their talent. That's why were here. The Darkroom Familia is here to show the world that we can't be faded.

BWFP: 16. Is a nationwide DRF tour in the works?
Crooked: I would love that, but we're so damn busy that it's hard to get out and do shit. We do in-store appearances and shit like that every once in a while, but as far as a kind of tour-damn, I don't know. You'll have to keep checking the website. We'll keep people posted.

BWFP: 17. How do you feel about being a chicano in a predominantly black industry?
Crooked: That's just it. Latinos have ALWAYS been in the rap game. Latinos and Blacks started rap TOGETHER. From Tito of the Fearless Four (the first rap group on a major label), to Charlie Chase of Cold Crush Brothers, to Prince Markie Dee of the Fat Boys-there has always been Latinos in rap. We're here to remind fools that. We're Latinos and we don't hide that. I'm a rapper who happens to be brown. We can flow with the best of 'em and there's no denying that. Either you like us or you don't. If you do-COOL-MUCH LOVE, If you don't-COOL-then don't buy us. We have LOTS of fans that love what we do and we wouldn't change for anything. The majority of our fans is Latinos, but we do have several white fans and quite a few black fans. We receive letters and e-mails from all over this country and beyond. We have gotten shit from Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, etc,. When we first got international letters and e-mails, I was trippin' hard. But now, we get love from all over. And it feels good to know that people of all colors and nationalities support and love what you do.

BWFP: 18. Do you enjoy watching movies and have you seen any good ones as of late? Also, have you ever seen "Caligula"?
Crooked: I LOVE movies. I love movies more than music. Me and Duke write/direct/produce ALL of the Darkroom movies. Except that last one, Dyno wrote some of it too. Speaking of which, it's called BLOOD & TEARS. Whenever me and Duke get any free time, we go to the movies or rent movies. That's my shit. Other fools drink and smoke weed, My shit is movies. I have thousands of videos and DVDs. Horror movie are my shit. But I watch damn near everything. I can watch The Return Of The Living Dead and then watch Fast Times At Ridgemont High (Those are my favorites, by the way). I've never seen "Caligula." I just seen Gone in 60 seconds and Mission Impossible 2. 60 Seconds was weak, but Mission Impossible was pretty tight. A lot of comic book action, but it was cool. If you wanna see a dope ass John Woo movie, you should rent THE KILLER or my favorite action movie-another John Woo movie-HARD BOILED. TIGHT AS FUCK! Check 'em out. If you get a chance, catch THE PRICE OF GLORY. It's a boxing movie. It was directed by a Latino and it stars Latinos (WOW). It's a good movie. Every Latino should go out and support that movie.

BWFP: 19. How's Duke coming along with hooking up with Alysa Milano?
Crooked: He doesn't wanna fuck her anymore. Now he wants to fuck Mandy Moore.

BWFP: 20. Have any DRF movies ever been in the theaters in California?
Crooked: No. Muthafuckers don't give Latinos a chance. Only straight-to-video. Our new one comes out in July at video stores everywhere.

BWFP: 21. Are there any new cds or movies coming out that we should look for?
Crooked: Yeah, the new DARKOOM FAMILIA-HOMICIDE KINGS is out now and the new DARKOOM VIDEO-COLLECTION is out too. It's called CONNECTED BY HONOR. Also, my solo-CROOKED:VIOLENCE SOLVES EVERYTHING, DUKE's new solo-DUKE:KILL THEM SLOWLY, Oso's solo-OSO:WHO CAN I TRUST?, BLOOD & TEARS MOVIE, SIR DYNO: WHAT HAVE I BECOME? (coming in July). And we're ALWAYS doin somthing. Check the website.

BWFP: 22. Will DRF be releasing any of the clothing, as seen on the inside of some of the cds?
Crooked: A lot of people ask us that, so I don't know. We're thinking about it. If enough people are interested, then probably yes.

BWFP: 23. What does the future hold for DRF?
Crooked: MONEY! I just wanna do this rap shit till I can't no more and make money. But I'll ALWAYS make movies till I die.

BWFP: 24. Is there anything you would like to say in closing to any Darkroom Familia fans?
Crooked: Yeah. THANKS FOR THE LOVE. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. KEEP BUMPIN THOSE DRF CDs! Big shot out to the Bay Area and the Central Valley and ALL of Northern Cali. Check us out on the web: www.darkroomfamilia.com E-mail: [email protected]. And a big THANK YOU to the staff at BOOMIN'. Thanks for the support. Much Love.
Crooked of The Darkroom Familia

Apr 25, 2002
sapo interview

Interview with Sapo of the Darkroom Familia
The second interview of Boomin' Words From Portsmouth is with Sapo of the Darkroom Familia. This interview took place over the course of an hour on August 16, 2000 (on the east coast):

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. Whereabouts in California do you hail from?
Sapo: Well, Im from Northern California you know the mighty east bay..I used to live up in Concord Califas up in east co co county..But i moved to what they call the tri-valley, which is the southern part of the co co county..about 15 minutes from Hayward and Oakland..

BWFP: 2. Are you married?
Sapo: Hell naw I aint married, Im only 18 years old you know..Ive been with my hyna for about 9 months now and we got plans for the future..I love her to death and will do anything for her and she knows it..I mean gangsters need love too..If you ask any of my homeboyz they'll tell you the exact same..if you find the right girl out there for you and you settle down and focus on your relationship you''ll feel my situation here.

BWFP: 3. How old are you?
Sapo: I just turned 18 a few months ago. Im what hella foos call a youngsta i guess. I mean all my homeboyz affliated to DRF or Lowdown are some what O.G.s. My boyz Dyno, Duke and Crooked have been in this rap game and street game for years. Ive learned alot from those vatos..Their down ass motha fuckas and i respect them all to the fullest. Those vatos are over 25 years of age and they know more then most these foos out here.

BWFP: 4. When did you hook up with Darkroom and how?
Sapo: I hooked up with Darkroom first by sending Dyno a demo of me and J-loc flowing. He hit me back up and told me to keep flowing and representing. A few months later me and boy J-loc hit up Duke and told him we flow and shit. Then around that time the compilation Brown Area 1 was being put together. So J-loc did a song for it and gave it to Duke. I didnt really have that much time to do a song so I said fuck it. Duke hella liked the song that J-loc did so he asked him if he wanted to do a album on the hoedog label owned by Duke himself. I drove j-loc to hayward weekly to help record for his entire album..i was there through it all and supported him. He made all the beats and wrote the entire album himself. Then Brown area-California Latins was being put together. Me and J-loc then did a song called Criminal Ties for the album. J-loc was already being considered part of DRF and soon I faded in too as part of the Darkroom Familia.

BWFP: 5. Did you listen to Darkroom before you joined them?
Sapo: I started listening to Darkroom only a few days after Pen Chances came out. I saw a poster of the album at my homeboys house. So I went and purchased the album. I thought it was sick as fuck. All the vatos sounded sick as fuck and seemed pretty fucking down for their shit. After that i went and got every single album by Darkroom.

BWFP: 6. If so, what was your favorite Darkroom member, if any, and cd?
Sapo: Well actually I never had a certain favorite rapper in DRF. But when I began listening to the album I thought that Never, A.L.G, Dyno, Duke, Crooked, Mr.Kee., and someone else I choose not to say were sick as fuck. I would think to myself, damn what would it be like to rap with them vatos, or even meet them homeboyz. Now look at me, Im in a spot hella foos wish they were in and will never be in. And my favorite album is Homicide Kings, they beats are tight and so are the lyrics. Every song on the album is sick as fuck.

BWFP: 7. How does it feel being the new guy?
Sapo: I get alot of support by my homeboyz being a new member of the DRF. Not much is different in my life except that i got some new homeboyz that i respect and look up to. Im still learning about this rap game and everthing involved in it.

BWFP: 8. What cds have you been featured on?
Sapo: The Cds I am on are Brown Area II California Latins, Dukes solo Kill Em slowly, and Homicide Kings. Im about to do a solo song for the third Brown Area album coming out in October.

BWFP: 9. Do the other members respect you?
Sapo: Yea, I get love from all the homeboyz in the DRF. Duke and Crooked show me alot of love and their down ass homeboyz too. I get alot of fan mail too from homegirlz and homeboyz on the street who give me props and respect me too.

BWFP: 10. Do you have any plans for a solo cd?
Sapo: Yea, I got plans for a solo Cd. Me and my boy J-loc were discussing about me doing a solo a while back. It was going to be called Disturbing Behavior. But Im not really sure when itll come out, I will probably start on it soon.

BWFP: 11. Do you have any plans, or are you now, a part of one of the drf subgroups, such as Los Traficantes or Lowdown, or possibly a new one?
Sapo: I am part of 92510 Sickness De Darkroom Familia. The 925 is where I am from and the 510 is where J-loc is from. You put them toghter you get the 92510 Sickness gang. Its a subgroup of me and J-loc and a couple other close homeboyz. We might do a 92510 Sickness album soon too. Im also part of the large subgroup Minority Militia started up by Never.

BWFP: 12. Any plans to be in any upcoming drf movies?
Sapo: .Hell yea, I'll probably be in the movie Bagage Handlers.

BWFP: 13. What are your hobbies or interests besides rapping?, (cars, movies, computers and shit?)
Sapo: Well I work part time so I can make some side skrilla. I also kick back with my homeboyz and hit up some parties and shit. You know a vato gotz to get his high on, puffin upon that Northern Cali chronic weed. I dont drink often and shit but sometimes I might have a few drinks and shit. I also love my brand new car, Honda Civic 2000 ex, I am about to get to twelves up in that shit, lower it, tinted windows, with some crome rims.

BWFP: 14. Have you ever been with any other group in the past?
Sapo: Nah I've never been in any rap groups. J-loc and me started up 92510 Sickness before we were part of the DRF.

BWFP: 15. Do you listen to other rappers such as Brotha Lynch Hung, Esham, Dayton Family, Woodie, ect...?
Sapo: I bump old school Brotha Lynch,X-Rated, Mr.Doctor, 11/5, Guce, Young Droop, Woodie, Lowdown, E-40, Luniz, Too Shprt, 2-pac, and thats about it. I hate that fucking Jay-Z, Nas, and DMX bullshit they play on the radios now. I hear that gay shit everywhere i go. I wish they would fucking stop playing that weak ass shit. All those foos rap about is sippin champagne, with some ugly hoez, and driving cars they dont even own.

BWFP: 16. Have you ever tried your hand at producing?
Sapo: Ive never tried producing. My boy J-loc makes some sick ass beats. In the future I hope to start producing and get good at it.

BWFP: 17. Do you speak spanish?
Sapo: I speak somewhat spanish. I can understand a little bit. But I dont fully speak the entire language and shit.

BWFP: 18. Anything in closing to your fans and the fans of darkroom?
Sapo: To my all my fans keep your head up, and keep put it down for your varrios. To all the fake ass bitch made pussy ass motha fuckaz that think their down and want to disrespect me or my homeboyz say it to our faces suckaz..Dont go around spreading fuckin rumors and talkin out your asses like you know us. If you really got a problem with us roll through and get mopped quickly...Much love and respect to them down homiez out there
And to all females with pics or telephone numbers email sapo at [email protected]
Sapo De Darkroom Familia

Apr 25, 2002
j-loc interview

Interview with J-Loc of the Darkroom Familia
This is the long-awaited interview with J-Loc of the Darkroom Familia. The questions were sent to him about two weeks before we received the following, which was on September the 12th, 2000. Read on to find out whats been going on most recently with the Familia and the career of one of its newest producer/rapper:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. How old are you?
J-Loc: I'm 17 right now, i'll be turning 18 in December.

BWFP: 2. How long have you been rapping?
J-Loc: Damn bro, i have been puutin' in work since '92. Not just raping but also producing. I've been through karoke machines, tape recorders, 4 tracks, puter programs and now digital 8's. I started off in a little group just me and my cousin called " The A.M. Mobb ", we had a little indi label called " Concrete Jungle Productions ". Then i was in a group called " Young Playaz ", " East Bay Playaz ", " Easy Money Click ". I fuckin' hated groups, no one did shit but me. So i went solo. Hooked up with Young Will who is currently w/ Flip Tha SWitch Records back in '98, and it was on from there. I had always had alot of drive in this game, but he gave me the extra boost. We used to slang my single on the streets entitled " Visionz Of Insanity ", me, him, our homiez Esky ( Will's Little Bro ), Dopey & Big Vega. That's right around the time i started getting recognized by other playaz in the game, like Mr. Kee, D.R.F. etc.

BWFP: 3. When do you first hear of Darkroom Familia?
J-Loc: Back in '93, i bought the " TEmporary Insainty " album entitled "Bitches Never Learn ", it was the hardest shit from the bay ever as far as i'm concerned. That inspired me to do this, if the Hayward/Tracy/Oakland boys could do it, i could. It's a trip to work and be close ass homeboys with your inspirations, to me every track we lay together is a dream come true.

BWFP: 4. Has joining Darkroom Familia changed your life?
J-Loc: Damn, i bugged the fuck out of Duke and Dyno ever since i was 12. I would right them letters, send demos, any thing for them to notice my skills. They used to send tapes and posters to me, it ment a lot to a young homie. Finally in '99 they picked me up for a song on the first " Brown Area " entitled " Bay Area Latins ". My track was entitled " Livin' Illegal ", then the next week Duke, Crooked, me and Sapo went to lunch and they offered me a solo deal. So i swooped that shit up. It's fuuny, my bugging must have left an inpression, they still rememberd my name and shit.
Dyno still jokes with me about that.

BWFP: 5. Whats going on with you and Darkroom Familia at the moment? Word is that you're no longer with them.
J-Loc: I'm releasing my solo myself, but i'm still in D.R.F. I just wanted to be involved 100% in my album. I want to expierance it from the ground up. That rumor is some bull shit.

BWFP: 6. Do you hang out with the other members of Drf when you aren't in the studio?
J-Loc: Duke and Crooked are like my big brothers, we kick it all the time. We go see movies, eat lunch, play pool, go to the mall, make jokes.. just enjoy life to the fullest. Sapo and me are hella close also, we live in the same city and kick it almost every day. I'm hella down with the rest also, Dyno, A.L.G., Oso, Never, Nyghtmare, Dub, Nyghtmare and K.I.D.. I got all there backs to the fullest.

BWFP: 7. Are you still going to make a group album with Sapo?
J-Loc: 92510 Sickness " In Theze Last Dayz " due out March '01.

BWFP: 8. How did you hook up with Hoe Dog records?
J-Loc: The same way i hooked up w/ D.R.F. ( STORY UP TOP )

BWFP: 9. Is "Crimal Element" your first cd?
J-Loc: Yep, First solo.

BWFP: 10. How long did it take to make "Crimal Element"?
J-Loc: Shit, i only got two weeks to do it. My new shit is fuckin' knockin'. Ive been fuckin' with Young Droop, Dyno, Low Downm, Nasty Nate... It's gonna be heated.

BWFP: 11. How would you describe your style of rap?
J-Loc: Like a hard boooyyaa hit of crystal meth... street hustle.

BWFP: 12. Do you like rapping or producing more?
J-Loc: Producing by far, music is my love.

BWFP: 13. What is your favorite song that you produced?
J-Loc: Right now on released material i would say " Self Destructive Behavior " on Homicide Kings.

BWFP: 14. What do you think about other Northern California rappers?
J-Loc: Were hardest shit out there right now. We are runnin' things like we should be doing. We talk about real shit, that hard street shit other fools wont mention or dont know about.

BWFP: 15. Who do you think is the hardest rapper?
J-Loc: Damn, i got a list. Woodie, D.R.F., Mr. Kee, Low Down, Young Droop, KIlla Tay, 14 Caliber, Doc, Lynch, Nasty Nate, Ant Dog, Cadillac Todd, Black Rhino, Sideways of the Yoc, Bacardi 151, Cougnut,Taydatay, Skarface of Project Affiliated & B-Legit.

BWFP: 16. Who is your favorite rapper?
J-Loc: Duke, Dyno & Crooked. There the original Norteño rappers. They laid the tracks for us all.

BWFP: 17. What are some of your favorite albums of all time?
J-Loc: "Northern Exposure Comp", "G.U.N. Comp", Homicide Kings Comp - Sir Dyno-Interview with a Chicano, & I.T.P.G.

BWFP: 18. What are you into to besides rapping? (hobbies, etc.)
J-Loc: Movies, Kicking it, Drinking, Enjoying life with family and friends.

BWFP: 19. Have you ever been to jail?
J-Loc: Not Yet.

BWFP: 20. Do you still bang?
J-Loc: I've never been a full fledged banger, but every one around was.. so im down for Norte to the fullest, but im also a hustler, so i gotta make my fetti.

BWFP: 21. Do you have another job other than rapping?
J-Loc: Nothing i can discuss on the web, but ya'll get the hint.

BWFP: 22. Any last words for your listeners?
J-Loc: Peep my new Album " Business As Usual " coming in January '01. Keep it alive homies, keep bumpin' D.R.F.
LATERZ
J-Loc of the Darkroom Familia

Apr 25, 2002
Never interview

Interview with Never of Low Down, Minority Militia, and Low Town Records
You have found the fifth interview of Boomin' Words From Portsmouth. This time, we spoke with Never of Low Down and Minority Militia, not to mention the owner of Low Town Records. This interview took place over the course of a few days in March of 2001:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. When did you start rapping?
Never: I started rappin when I was 14 years old…….That was in 85, but I didn’t start taking it serious until I was about 18…….I’ve been hooked since....

BWFP: 2. Who were your influences getting into the rap game?
Never: As far as rap, my biggest influence and teacher is 2-Pac and definitely N.W.A. and the rest are all east coast artists…..Run D.M.C., Doug E. Fresh, and other old school fools……As much as I hate the east coast, I learned a lot from the veterans back in the days……A lot of people think that it was only a 2-Pac, Biggie war but it goes a lot deeper than that…... All the people I know including myself have never called a truce……As far as music in general, my biggest influences are probably Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley and Roger Troutman…........

BWFP: 3. How did Low Down first come together as a group?
< Never: I started Low Down in 1991 with a dream to have a tight ass group……I like solo albums but like N.W.A. I always liked hearing more than one voice on a record so I hooked up with all the other tight artists in my town and the rest is history in the making.....

BWFP: 4. Who were the original members?
Never: The original members were myself, Hurrikaine J, Mickey D, Akay, and Kracc.

BWFP: 5. How many CD’s has Low Down released?
Never: “The Dirty Dozen” was our 5th Low Down album, however, Low Down has been on over 55 CD’s to date.

BWFP: 6. What has been the most successful Low Down record to date?
Never: “Valley Of Death” turned a lot of heads and was our most successful so far.…...

BWFP: 7. How did Low Down team up with the Darkroom Familia?
Never: Back in about 94, as far as the central valley goes, Low Down and Darkroom were the only people releasing shit, so we teamed up and did many projects together...

BWFP: 8. When did you first come into contact with YGD?
Never: I met Droop many years before we ever rapped together……He’s a good friend and someone I will know for many years……Even though he has a busy solo career, he always makes the time for an old homie... His solo shit is off the fuckin hook and he is definitely bout to blow up in a major way…….His Killa Valley album has songs on there that blew my fuckin mind…….Its Untouchable

BWFP: 9. Ever had any plans of working with Brotha Lynch Hung or anyone else from the Siccmadel/Black Market camp?
Never: Brotha Lynch is one of the sickest muthafuckas around and my dream came true just recently when I got to do a track with him and Droop and Hurrikaine for Droops album…….I think the track is called “You Know I Had To Gat Ya 2001”...Its sick as fuck...

BWFP: 10. What do you enjoy more, rapping or producing?
Never: In my mind they are both equal…..Some days I just cant write so drop a beat and on other days I cant make a beat so I write you know…..Rapping lets me get shit off my mind and droppin beats lets me explore my creativity and tryin out new shit……….

BWFP: 11. How long did it take you to record your solo CD?
Never: I didn’t take too long to record it, maybe three or four weeks, but I wrote the whole album probably in a month and was prepared when I hit the lab…..Im working on a new solo but on this one Im gonna take at least 8 months to finish……It will be Global……….

BWFP: 12. How did the experience of making a solo compare to making a group album?
Never: The thing that made doing the solo tight was that I picked any beat I wanted, as long as I felt it, where as if it was a Low Down album, we would have all picked the beats since we all have a little different tastes...

BWFP: 13. What is your favorite track that you've made?
Never: I really hate to give you this answer, but I put my heart in every track I do, so I could never pick…..Also I tried to count how many tracks we’ve made since 91 and it was over 400 if you could believe that……

BWFP: 14. Why did you decide to stay with Dogday Records when Darkroom left?
Never: As far as that goes, Darkroom had a fall out with them and left……I represented Darkroom to the fullest however there were people who musically I no longer wanted to work with and I had no say so…..I had to continue my dream of Low Town Records and put on only the rappers who are really livin like they are rappin...

BWFP: 15. Will Low Down continue to work with Darkroom in the future?
Never: It’s a better question probably asked in time……..??????

BWFP: 16. What are your 4 favorite CD’s of all time?
Never: Brotha Lynch “Season of da Siccness”……….Dr. Dre “The Chronic”……..Lil Wyno “Back With A Vengeance”……..N.W.A. “Straight Outta Compton”

BWFP: 17. How and who came up with the concept of the supergroup Minority Militia?
Never: I came up with it a while back because there are a lot of militia’s out there who share some of the same beliefs but none with minorities……Anti-Police, Anti-Government and Plenty of Fire Power…..

BWFP: 18. Since there are so many members of Minority Militia, could you name a few of them?
Never: Hurrikaine J, Lil Wyno, Young Droop, Never, Mickey D, NC the Necro, M-Double, Kaos the Assassin, A.L.G., Stone Kold, Skarface, Gezus, D.J.MT, Tokztero, Young Myth, Tiny Locs, Kracc, V.I.P., Project Affiliated, M.C. Breeze, Speedy Locs, Nolove, Wicked Will, Jabber, Cutty Face, Low, Bugsy, 30-30, Young Chill, Young G, Twista J, Mad D, Spook Dawg, Tito B, Lil Man, Busta Brown, T.H.C., 12/19, P-Dise, Baby Fluff, Mr. Chico 1, Lil Loco, Big Doe Doe, Eleven Toez, Inferno, Lil Never, Angel, Akay, Brownie, Brotha Zo, Mad Dog, Juice, Lil Moe, Sam the Man, Ben Locs, E-Clipz, Stress, A.D., C-Man, Bullett Locs, Big Ron, Lucky, Indo, Big Vic, Boogie, Sharky, Konflikt, Ray Ray, Killa, Tone Blunt, Yukon, Big Wyno, Skooby……just to name a few

BWFP: 19. Are any members of Minority Militia planning to make solo CD’s?
Never: Theres probably too many to name but the solo’s in the works for Low Town Records are Lil Wyno “Back With A Vengeance”…….Hurrikaine J “Blame It On My Stressin”…….Young Myth “The Devilz Intention”………Baby Rico with an all Spanish Rap Album, Mickey D, NC the Necro and a few more...

BWFP: 20. With all the different backgrounds and affiliations, is it hard to keep things under control when recording tracks for Minority Militia?
Never: Not a problem at all…….Everybody doesn’t hit the studio at the same time but if there is any kind of conflict, there is a mutual respect for our studio and if not they could take it outside……Bizzness is bizzness…….

BWFP: 21. What made you guys decide to re-release some of your older material?
Never: When those albums came out our fan base wasn’t as large and our distribution didn’t reach what we are reaching now so It was something the group and I have been wanting to do…….Its called Low Down “Underground Classics 1994-1998”

BWFP: 22. Will anything else be re-released?
Never: Sometime in the future we plan on putting out our first Low Down Album “Comin’ Up And Atcha” which was a black & white and only 500 copies were ever made…….It has material from 1991-1993…….

BWFP: 23. What other Low Down/Minority Militia projects are there in the works?
Never: We are currently working on a Low Down/Minority Militia Video & Soundtrack which is a Low Down documentary of how were livin and smokin and we will do a new soundtrack and feature about 5 new videos on the movie…..its called VALLEY KINGS - Low Down/Minority Militia

BWFP: 24. Will we hear you rapping in Spanish on any coming releases?
Never: Even though spanish was my first language, Im gonna have to leave the spanish rapping to the professionals……My little homie Baby Rico will blow away anybody who says they could rap in spanish...He’s bad ass……..

BWFP: 25. Any plans for a nationwide or other tour anytime soon?
Never: No plans for a tour as of yet but we hit any shows we could……On Cinco De Mayo we will be doing a show on the biggest strip in San Jose, California with a lot of homies and food and alcohol and all that…. Right here in Merced we don’t get the opportunity to do a lot of shows because of the cops and all….They don’t want anything to do with rap but fuck em’

BWFP: 26. What do you think of the Merced Police Department?
Never: Well considering we have at least two or three ex-police officers from the Merced Police Department doing Federal time, I hate the muthafuckas with a passion cause just about all of them are crooked and hate us and love to arrest us...Personally I would like to give a big Fuck You to Officer Dunnagan of the Merced Police Department for being a punk ass bitch…….

BWFP: 27. Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do in your spare time?
Never: I like smokin weed and kickin back with some good homies and I enjoy playing basketball and shootin some pool and I like smashin on fools when I’m drunk and most of all I like spending time with my wife and my kids...

BWFP: 28. Is there anything you would like to say to your fans in closing?
Never: I do all that I do with this music for the fans so anybody who supports us gets much love and thank you’s from all of us in Low Down and Minority Militia...I get lots of letters and e-mails from fans and no matter what I will always respond because this music means that much to me...Peace ....Never

Apr 25, 2002
Lil Wyno interview

Interview with Lil Wyno of Low Down and Minority Militia
This is the the sixth interview that Boomin' Words From Portsmouth has conducted. For this one, we got in touch with Lil Wyno of Low Down and Minority Militia and thanks go out to Never for setting us up. This interview took place over the course of a few days in April of 2001:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. How old are you?
Lil Wyno: 27, 2-11-74.

BWFP: 2. When did you start rapping?
Lil Wyno: Around tha summer of 1989.

BWFP: 3. What were you doing before you hooked up with Lowdown?
Lil Wyno: Well you know, dis ‘n’ dat, until I found somethin in this world that I was good at.

BWFP: 4. How/when did you come in contact with lowdown?
Lil Wyno: I came into contact wit Low Down 2 wayz, my homie Big Vic and my homie Kracc. They both helped me in their own way meet up wit Never One, C.E.O. of Low Town Records, before I knew it I got down wit them on their 2nd Low Down Album, “The Next Episode”, in which I brought my homie Big Wyno a chance of a lifetime and as you can see, the rest is history.

BWFP: 5. You mention 2Pac a lot. Is he one of your biggest influences?
Lil Wyno: Man Cuzz….2Pac to me was like more than just an influence, I mean here is a lil skinny azz locced nigga, dat nobody understood, but loved his music, shit, me, myself, I got every fuccin thang and what bothers me da most is that niggaz like Gay Z, Nas, Mobb Deep, Chino XL, Puffy’s fag boy family, etc., are livin still and talkin shit, so any and every time I get a chance, I feel that I’m supposed to ride for Pac, and if you heard of Lil Wyno, you know I do just that!

BWFP: 6. Who were your other influences?
Lil Wyno: Well 2Pac forever, Brotha Lynch Hung, C-Bo, Richie Rich, N.W.A., Dogg Pound, The Click, Rodney O and Joe Cooley and who ever else made me feel locced.

BWFP: 7. Do you feel that there is anyone putting West Coast back on the map since the death of 2pac?
Lil Wyno: Ya know somethin, I can’t speak for everyone who is supposed to be puttin West Coast on the map, but as for Low Down and the whole Minority Militia Army, we accepted that challenge whether underground, nationwide or worldwide, we’re gonna ride to the end.

BWFP: 8. Who do you feel is the most gifted rapper in the whole Lowdown crew?
Lil Wyno: I really feel like Never One is the most gifted rapper in Low Down because for one he’s a talented Rap artist wit a family, 2 kidz, he also handles all Low Down shit, droppin beats, records all albums, rain or shine, musically inclined, shit, I could go on and on bout Nev cuzz he basically enhanced the bizz for me to understand now and I’m humbly greatful for that.

BWFP: 9. Are Baby Wyno and Big Wyno your brothers?
Lil Wyno: Baby Wyno and Big Wyno are not my real brotherz, but we are Alcoholic Brotherz, and we will continue to be until our next generation of Wyno’s pick up where we left off.

BWFP: 10. With all the different producers you have worked with, which one do you think fits your style the most?
Lil Wyno: That’s easy, Never, although I’ve worked with a lot of niggaz, to me my style is so original if I had to I’d make any situation work cuzz I’m a hungry azz rap artist that’s West Coast Bound.

BWFP: 11. What do you enjoy more, working alone or with a group?
Lil Wyno: Well you probably won’t believe me but I like both cuzz both help me to become more talented in the rap game, which is why everytime you hear me solo or group, I sound betta and betta, cuzz it don’t matter, just as long as I never give up on a jam and accept everything that is asked of me to the “T”.

BWFP: 12. Do you find it hard to come up with new lyrics since you have appeared on so many different songs?
Lil Wyno: Hell naw, I mean I get writer’s block for an hour or two, but never had a problem wit new material, I guess It’s cuzz I’m just so fuccin hungry, in my head I feel it’s on me how my rap career ends up, que no?

BWFP: 13. In a lot of your lyrics, you mention East Coast rappers. Why do you dislike the East Coast so much?
Lil Wyno: I listen to a lot of rapperz and what they say, basically, wit the exception of a few who I can count on my hands all other East Coast Rap and Rappers can “Eat a Dicc and Die”, lyrically...and as I’ve said before, If people like dat type of shit, well move your ass over there and see 4 yourself how much love da West Coast’s got. Like the old sayin goes, It’s a shitty place to visit, so why live there?

BWFP: 14. How were the sales of your first cd, "Step Into My World"?
Lil Wyno: There’s not a lot I can say about the sales of my first album cuzz I played everything by ear and trust, but I think b-cuzz of that album and others, Lil Wyno is now becomin a household name.

BWFP: 15. How much imput did you have in terms of beats on your newest cd?
Lil Wyno: I had input on “Everythang” wit my newest album, “Back With A Vengeance”, from the beats to the cover, the order of my songz, and with the help of Never One A.K.A. Eleven Toez and Dog Day Records, my 2 cents became a reality, I can’t wait until we do it again……(hint..hint..)

Apr 25, 2002
Lil Wyno interview part 2

BWFP: 16. How did you guys choose what songs to put on the new Lowdown Classics cd?
Lil Wyno: Well, we all had a little somethin to say, and when it was all over it was all up to Nev, and as you can see he did one hell of a job puttin all our inputs together.

BWFP: 17. Considering that you work with both Black and Brown artists, what makes up the majority of your fan base, black or brown?
Lil Wyno: Shit, I don’t give a fucc what color they are, as long as I make them locced, male or female, a fan base don’t mean shit unless my sales suddenly take a drastic plunge, which hopefully won’t happen for a very long time. Basically, I let my music speak for itself.

BWFP: 18. How do you feel about people all over the world listening to your music?
Lil Wyno: It feels fuccin Ghettoriffic, especially when the fan mail from places all over are showin love, shit they don’t have to waste a stamp, paper or their time, but they do, and to me that means the people are checkin our shit out and writin to let us know where they at and that they’re feelin us.

BWFP: 19. Working with predominately Norte rappers, do you claim Norte?
Lil Wyno: Well speakin predominately, I’m a Crip wit the utt-most respect for my Norte folks, makin an alliance, which, as you know is what I bang, and if you don’t...C4 Everywhere I go, North Side til I die, Shotgun Gangsta Crip my ENE and that’s no lie.

BWFP: 20. We have heard that you left Federal Records. Did you leave under bad circumstances? How has that changed your aspect in the rap game?
Lil Wyno: Considering the fact that I only got paid $1250 for my first album, it was definitely a learning experience, that will NEVER happen again. I took a chance, and failed, which is the only thing next to goin to jail that I really fuccin hate the most. But my aspect of the game is betta than ever now. I never was “Federal Records” it was strictly an album deal that went sour. Now its all about Low Down and Low Town, fucc tryin to help other labels get off the ground. Family comes 1st and Forever.

BWFP: 21. Is there any beef between you and Dub?
Lil Wyno: Naw, not beef, but betrayal, trust, lies and secrecy is just a few choice wordz I’d have to say when it comes to “Michael Rinks” A.K.A. “Dub”, which could never lead to violence, but is somethin I refuse to stay silent about, que no?

BWFP: 22. How much input did you have when performing on the "Penitentiary Chances" and "Veteranos" soundtrack?
Lil Wyno: Not a God damn thang, becuzz we never had a choice for getting on the soundtracks, they’d just call, give us our “Mission” and we, Low Down that is, helped them make a lot of scrilla, none of which we ever seen.

BWFP: 23. How was your experience working with Darkroom on their feature films?
Lil Wyno: Well, I wouldn’t call it an experience exactly, considerin Federal Records and Darkroom are like the same if you compare. All I can say is I am not an actor, I rap, and that’s my trade, livin in reality instead of makin or even being involved wit shit like that.

BWFP: 24. What is your take on the Dogday/DRF split?
Lil Wyno: My take on the Dogday/DRF split is like this...There’s no reason to play the role anymore, the shit has hit the fan and DRF is now Canned and for those of you who don’t like it, Fucc off and Die, Low Down is the reason they blew up, so now Low Town Records is getting the props we so deserve….There I said it!

BWFP: 25. Since you just released a cd, do you plan to take some time off, or are you going to go back to the studio and work on another cd right away?
Lil Wyno: Time off? What the fucc does that mean? Shit, when I do take time off I am done for good, so for now I try to stay busy, writin constantly so I don’t lose a step, and yes its not fully in the works yet, but Low Town Records will be the home of my 3rd Album.

BWFP: 26. Do you share Never's sentiments towards the Merced Police Department?
Lil Wyno: Hell sharin ain’t even close to what I feel bout the Merced po-po’s, they’ve been on my azz since birth cuzz I killed tha doctor who pulled me outta the party in my momma’s gut. Ha Ha. I really do hate them bitches wit a badge though, No matter what!

BWFP: 27. What are you hobbies?
Lil Wyno: If I had any hobbies they would have to be rappin, smokin weed, drinkin and fuckin and ridin on the East and makin Pac smile for my actionz - Dead or Alive.

BWFP: 28. What do you think are the top five cds of all time?
Lil Wyno: That’s a hard one….I would have to say my all time top 5 CD’s would be: 2pacalypse, Gas Chamber - C-Bo, 24 Deep - Brotha Lynch Hung, What’s My Name - Snoop, Comin Up & Atcha - Low Down, and anything by anybody associated wit Low Town, except DRF.

BWFP: 29. Any last words for your fans?
Lil Wyno: I would like to say much love to all my fans, but for those thinkin I’m a scrap, you were wrong, for those who think I care about the “Split”, you’re wrong too, and if ever you think or feel I don’t come real, you probably haven’t heard everythang I’ve been on, so as a Wyno I say this: “There’s No Fear, just Beer in a Bucket so Fucc It, C-4 For Life, Scrap Killin and Willin, Cuzz….What’s up to all my ENE’z puttin it down on the sewer and representin this mighty Norte to the fullest and I will S.G.C. Yo Azz Locc……5000 C’s
- LIL WYNO -

Apr 25, 2002
Crooked Interview #2

Interview #2 with Crooked of the Darkroom Familia
This is the follow-up to the interview that started this section off in the first place. Crooked speaks again, nearly a year after his original interview, with news of whats going on in the Darkroom and life, among other things. This interview took place over a couple of weeks in April of 2001:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. Last year was a big year for you guys, how many cds did you guys release?
Crooked: I can't remember off the top of my head, but defenitely over 10-12 CDs and a few other projects including a movie and a video collection. Let's see.... My solo, Duke's solo, Dyno's solo, Oso's solo, Alg's solo, "Homicide Kings," Brown Area-"Power N Numbers," "NKA," "Traficantes," and....the "BLOOD & TEARS" feature film, "CONNECTED BY HONOR" video collection, Dyno's book-"Midst Of My Confusion," "Midst Of My Confusion" CD and that's what I can remember at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there's more. I'll have to check and make sure.

BWFP: 2. What was your top cd in terms of sales last year?
Crooked: Darkroom Familia-"Homicide Kings."

BWFP: 3. What has been the best selling Darkroom cd of all-time?
Crooked: "From The Barrio With Love" and "Sir Dyno-Interview With A Chicano." "From The Barrio With Love" was released four different times. With various re-mixes and different songs. We released it first on our Darkroom Studios label. Then three other labels that we hooked up with re-released it. And it's always sold a lot. I'm the only one in Darkroom who has an original copy of that album. I'm also the only one in our click that has an original copy of Dyno's "Interview With A Chicano" since that album has also been re-released a few times with different versions of songs and other things.

BWFP: 4. Darkroom always seems to be constantly releasing cds. Do you guys believe that you should be dropping a new cd every few months?
Crooked: That's what we do. We are always on the hustle. Constantly. That's why we're still in the game. 'Cause we don't give up. It's taken us so long to achieve what we've accomplished and we're finally making the money that we earn instead of getting fucked by labels.

BWFP: 5. Since your departure from Dogday, has any other label approached you guys with an offer?
Crooked: We've talked with some people, but in the meantime we're happy with our situation on the underground scene, either way, I'd rather not name names at this point in time. If it happens, it happens....if it doesn't, it doesn't. Either way, we're making a living off of what we've worked hard to do.

BWFP: 6. Have there been any new members to join the Darkroom lately? Lately?
Crooked: No.

BWFP: 7. Has anyone left the DRF recently?
Crooked: Nope. Darkroom Familia is: Me (Crooked), Duke, Dyno, Oso, ALG, K.I.D, Sapo, Dub, Young D). The line up has been the same since we left dogGAY.

BWFP: 8. It has taken you guys some time now to make "Smile Now, Cry Later," Can you tell us a little something about it (plot, who is in it, etc.)?
Crooked: It's about two brothers, one trying to be good, the other is living dangerously and they make some choices that come back to bite them in the ass. There's a rap element involved in the story as well. That's the most I can say about it without ruining the movie for you. It stars: Dyno, ALG, Dub, Oso, K.I.D, Sapo, Young D, Me, Mentiroso, Skarface and a few others.

BWFP: 9. How do you and Duke come up with the plots of your movies?
Crooked: We both come up with an idea and then we sit in front of the computer and type up the script while throwing ideas and plots and characters and dialogue at each other and in the end, it all comes together. We've always been huge movie buffs. I've seen so many movies I can tell damn near every time when one movie rips off another. Me and Duke have seen some weird and obscure films. Me, Duke and Dyno are very much into films. Me and Duke were bound to end up doing films sooner or later.

BWFP: 10. What has been the most successful Darkroom movie thus far?
Crooked: "Blood & Tears." For the fact that we actually got it seen by so many people. For the fact that we were able to get it into Hollywood Video and other video rental stores across the country and that is something that dogGAY promised us every time, but couldn't do.

BWFP: 11. What is your personal favorite movie you guys have made?
Crooked: "Smile Now, Cry Later." I'm very proud of this movie. We took a LONG time making it and it turned out better than I had originally thought. We'd been in production of this film since December, over four months and it's finally finished. And I think that you will notice the stepped-up production in the film. We have a lot better characters and acting and dialogue and cuts. I mean, just in the way that we edited the film that makes it so much more better than our previous films. Everything is better in this film. From the film quality to the sound to the sound effects to the blood to the violence to the music. It's definitely several notches above the last film. People don't realize how hard it is to make a film. It's not like video where all you do is point and shoot a damn video camera and if it doesn't come out, well all you do is record over your mistakes or pop in another video tape. ANYONE can shoot a home video. We use film. Film is VERY expensive and delicate. You have to KNOW about film to shoot film. You have to have the right lighting and sets and everything. And because film is so expensive and delicate, you CAN'T waste it. You HAVE to use as much of the film as you can. Film is just a beautiful thing as opposed to video which to me, will never replace film. I am a filmmaker. That is why I will never shoot anything on videotape.

BWFP: 12. Do you enjoy acting as much as rapping?
Crooked: No. I hate acting. I think I'm a terible actor. I'm a lot more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it. I'm much happier just being the filmmaker than the actor. I'd rather write and direct and produce. I just love the whole filmmaking experience. I do feel that I love filmmaking more than rapping.

BWFP: 13. Since you are a big movie fan, have you seen any good movies lately?
Crooked: Yes. "Traffic" is by far the best movie of the year and one of the best films ever made. Also "Blow," but "Traffic" takes the whole prize in my eyes. That movie is an incredible piece of film. To me, that is the movie of the year. Everything about it. From the acting to the lighting to the cinematography to the editing to the story to the characters. It's just an incredible movie throughout. It's the most realistic drug movie I've ever seen. And it's a total drama. But because it's so intense, it's almost a docu-drama. It's defenitely NOT your typical bullshit "hollywood" movie with special effects and explosions. It's a total drama that is character-driven. If you wanna see a great film, then go see "Traffic." I'm counting down the days for the relase of the DVD.

BWFP: 14. Can you tell us about your newest cd, "They Fear Me" (release date, guest appearances, time it took to make, etc.)?
Crooked: I've been working on it for a while now. Basically, I've had to push the release date back a while because I don't want to rush it and put out a shitty album. "They Fear Me" is still in the works but it WILL be released soon. I'm just taking my time on it because I wanna out-do EVERYTHING that I've ever been a part of. And I've been tied down with the movie since last December. But I think that all of our fans will love it and know that it was worth the wait.

BWFP: 15. What kind of artwork are you looking for to put on the cover of "They Fear Me"?
Crooked: The artwork is done actually. I shot the photos myself and Me and DYNO did the graphics for it. I think it came out better than I had planned and I'm very pleased with it. It's a dark, almost horror movie kind of cover. You'll see.

Apr 25, 2002
Crooked Interview #2 (part 2)

BWFP: 16. What are some other Darkroom cds you guys are working on at the moment?
Crooked: We just finished DYNO's and it came out BOMB. I think it's his best one so far. We're also working on my solo and OSO's and the next DARKOOM FAMILIA album.

BWFP: 17. Is there any chance we might be seeing a Crooked and Duke group album in the future?
Crooked: Yes. Duke thought of the idea and we've been talking about it. We just have to work on the details. We already have a title, which I like. But we're gonna keep that a secret until it all comes together. Hopefully by summer we'll have something completed.

BWFP: 18. Does the DRF have plans on releasing any more books soon, perhaps the times and tribulations of Crooked?
Crooked: I don't know if I have the patience to write a book. I know that sounds funny, because I write the scripts along with DUKE, but writing a book takes a lot of time and dedication and right now we're doing a million things a minute so it's very hard to take on another project as difficult as a book. But, you never know. Maybe one day.

BWFP: 19. Re-releasing old material seems to be a new trend in today's underground market, and you guys are no exception with the release of "Enter the Darkroom," Are there any plans to release "Enter the Darkroom 2"?
Crooked: Yes. We're working on it now. It comes out soon. It's gonna have some classics and some shit that was never available on CD until now.

BWFP: 20. Will you guys ever re-release your old tapes like Player's For Life, Temporary Insanity, Barrio Love, and other out of print and hard to find tapes from the early to mid 90's?There seems to be a big demand for these from your fans.
Crooked: Anything's possible. Sooner or later, we'll probably put something together. We've actullay been discussing re-releasing some Temporary Insanity shit soon. But I don't wanna say too much until I know for certain.

BWFP: 21. Do you guys ever plan on offering copies of "GUN - XIV Til Eternity" and "GUN - Cuete" to your fans, possibly as a special online deal since they were banned a few years ago and are very hard to find?
Crooked: Well, the fact of the matter is that we didn't release those albums. Those albums came out on a different label and weren't released by us at all. So, I don't know anything about them to be honest with you. I wish I could help you with that, but I can't. Sorry.

BWFP: 22. Is there any chance we will be seeing another GUN oriented album ever again?
Crooked: See answer to question #21.

BWFP: 23.A lot of fans have wondered, what is the beef between DRF and Frost? And how did it all start?
Crooked: There is no beef with us and frost. We heard he dissed us in Texas. Capone was the first one to tell us about it. Well, we weren't trippin' 'cause to us, dissin' someone and not being man enough to say it to their face is some childish pussy shit. So, anyway, to make a long story short, ME, DUKE and DUB were in SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH about two summers ago promoting Darkroom at a lowrider car show. And it just so happens that frost was there performing with Baby Beesh and JT as Latino Velvet. So, DUKE and ME and DUB approached the stage as close as they would allow us and we called out frost's name because we wanted to ask him man to man, face to face, what the shit is that we're hearing about him dissing us. He came over with Beesh and JT. We confronted him and we asked if he's got beef with us, well we're here to settle shit like men. He said he never bad mouthed us and that he ain't got no beef with us and that's that. Beesh and JT were doing their best to mediate and that's it. We left having met and shook hands with Beesh and JT and they showed us some Bay love and we left with no grudges. Then later on I hear that dude's talking some more shit. But whatever, I ain't trippin'. We came at him like men and we handled it like men. We know what really happened that day and he knows what really happened that day and all the Salt Lake City homies that were there know what really happened that day and that's all that matters. I don't gotta lie to kick it.

BWFP: 24. What do you have to say about the comments that Capone made against the Darkroom in an interview that was done a while ago?
Crooked: I don't have anything to say except that he knows he's full of shit and he don't want no beef with us. He already squashed shit with some e-mails and phone calls. He knows he was lying. Like I said, if you ain't man enough to say shit to someone's face, then don't bother saying anything at all.

BWFP: 25. Another topic that has many DRF fans talking about is the departure of DRF members such as Low, E-Clips,and Mr.Ace. What happened to these guys?
Crooked: Maybe you can tell me. ACE went a.w.o.l., I don't know. No one has seen that guy in a LONG ass time. I wish I knew what happened with that guy. He just dissapeared off the face of the earth. Low, he said some things he knows he was wrong for saying and we chose not to work with him anymore. E-clips said and did some things that he also knows he was wrong for and we chose not to work with him anymore. Period.

Apr 25, 2002
Crooked Interview #2 (part 3)

BWFP: 26. What happened between Darkroom and Drew? He seemed to be a big part of Darkroom when he was around, starring in Veteranos and being on all the Darkroom cds released at that time. It comes as a big surprise that someone who was that much involved would just leave.
Crooked: He wasn't a big part of anything. He came in when we were already established. We just decided to include him on TWO CDs. That is the bulk of his work with us, TWO CDs. He wasn't there in the beginning. Me, DUKE, DYNO, and DEE-ROLL started Darkroom. Only Oso is the only other one who was there in the beginning. Anyway, that guy claimed that he was gonna sign with some label in LA and we gave him our blessing and let him go, then he tried to come back with us and we didn't allow that to happen. But we had parted as friends, next thing I know he straight up BETRAYED us. He STABBED US IN THE BACK and he TURNED on us. What he did goes beyond this rap shit. What he did was a two-faced move. He BETRAYED us. We used to have love for him, but he BETRAYED us and things will never be like they were. And that is all that we have to say about that.

BWFP: 27. How do you feel about Drew signing up with Lowtown records?
Crooked: Honestly, I don't feel shit. I had no idea that he did until you just mentioned it now. I could care less. We don't pay attention to what the next man is doing. We just continue to do what we do.

BWFP: 28. Is it safe to say that Darkroom and Lowdown will not be working together anytime in the future? Last year on Homicide Kingz, Never and Lil Wyno both appeared on a track called "Still Darkroom," What has happened since then that has strained the relationship between DRF and Lowdown?
Crooked: It's as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I have nothing bad to say about that group. We wish them the best of luck. We hope that dogGAY treats them better than they treated us. We hope that wyno goes gold and platinum with dogGAY. It's really unfortunate that wyno only got $1250 from Federal, damn, that's $50 more dollars than I got from dogGAY for the VETERANOS soundtrack. It's a damn shame that they choose to believe the two blood-sucking sheisters at dogGAY than to believe their supposed homies. I know that wyno's upset and thinks that dogGAY broke us off all sorts of money for our albums and movies, but if that were the case, then why would we leave them? He's not the only one who got fucked over for money from those projects. We ALL got fucked. So Darkroom chose to leave because we don't like getting fucked by anyone other than our ladies. I wish that people would look at the big picture and realize that the two sheisters at dogGAY are two of the biggest low life thieves to ever walk the earth. Their track record speaks for itself. You just have to open your eyes and look. EVERY artist has left them. EVERY artist. Even 11/5, one of their first groups and big sellers, left them recently. What does that show you? Not that I feel the need that I have to explain myself, 'cause I don't. I couldn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I know the truth and dogGAY knows the truth. Period. So, like I said, we wish them the best of luck. Seriously. We hope that they go on to make millions with dogGAY. We'll just continue to do what we do until we can't do it no more.

BWFP: 29. Is there any thing else you would like to say to your fans?
Crooked: Yeah. Don't believe everything you hear. If you hear shit and you wanna know the TRUTH, ask us. When you spread rumors that you hear, you're only helping the hatred. You're only fueling the fire and that's just as bad as hating. We've been in this game for 12 plus years. A lot of motherfuckers have ridden our coattails to get where they're at and that's cool, we don't need to name names 'cause everyone knows who those people are. So people can go ahead and keep claiming how tight they are or how much we blew up because of them, but the bottom line is that WE made US. And WE made ALL those other people. They know it and it eats them up inside. We know this from the shit that comes out of their mouths. The greatest compliment is to talk about someone, you feel me? So much love to all rappers out there, even the haters. We hope all you fools blow the fuck up. All we care about is feeding our kids, paying our bills and taking care of our true homeboys. Don't hate a motherfucker because he's succeeded where you have failed. And don't ever question how real the Darkroom is or anybody up in it. DUKE has been locked up in over 10 different jails since he was 18 till 22. The last time he was in was in 94' and he vowed never to go back. My homeboy Dyno is facing LIFE right now on FEDERAL charges as most of you might know by now since it's been all over the news and newspapers. There's other people who claim to be real when the craziest shit they've done is write graffiti in L.A. or shoplift at Wal-Mart. You got fools that are with fat 300 pound dopefiends that claim to be pimps. You got fools that have been married for years and claiming to be macks. But it's all good though. There's a lot of rappers out there that believe what Murder Dog magazine says about them and they actually believe that they're killers. Or they actually believe that they're gonna go gold or platinum. But that's cool though, we hope they do. Like I said, as long as we take care of our familia, that's all that matters to us. We hope that everybody blows up, even the "real" rappers. Much love to BOOMIN' WORDS for the support and check us out on the web:
www.darkroomfamilia.com
"SMILE NOW, CRY LATER" soundtrack out now and "SMILE NOW, CRY LATER" FEATURE FILM out VERY SOON. "DYNO-THROUGH MY EYES (GANGS, DRUGS & MURDER)" out soon. "DUKE-A GIFT BEFORE I'M GONE" out now, "CROOKED-THEY FEAR ME" and "OSO-THE HATED ONE" and "ALG-TILL DEATH DO US PART" out soon. DARKROOM FAMILIA-"MEN OF HONOR" out summer 2001. Go to THE WHEREHOUSE to pick up Darkroom Familia music. Thanks for the support to all TRUE Darkroom fans. Thanks for sticking with us through all of the bullshit. We do this music shit for you. Much love to ALL of Northern Cali. From The Bay Area to the Valley. FUCK dogGAY records. Don't support thieves. Their sheistyness will be their downfall. My final words are: You should believe your homeboys before believing some devils that you just met. A rumor is just a rumor. Unless you've seen shit with your own fucking eyes.
WWW.DARKOOMFAMILIA.COM

Crooked of The Darkroom Familia

Apr 25, 2002
DJ MT Interview

Interview with DJ MT of the Minority Militia, Project Affiliated, and Owner of Farmhand Music
Here is the interview with DJ MT. As the title says, he is associated with many different groups, Project Affiliated and Minority Militia among them, but also Farmhand Music (as he is the owner) and Low Town Records. The following questions were made and later answered during the month of May, 2001:

Boomin' Words From Portsmouth: 1. Where are you from?
DJ MT: TRACY, CALIFORNIA

BWFP: 2. How old are you?
DJ MT: 29 YEARS.

BWFP: 3. Are you married?
DJ MT: YEAH. TWO KIDS.

BWFP: 4. How and when did you get into rapping?
DJ MT: THE SAME REASON MOST OTHER RAPPERS AT THAT TIME (early eight's) GOT INTO IT. THEY HEARD THAT SONG, THE SAME ONE THAT I HEARD WHILE I WAS LIVING IN TURLOCK CA. IN LATE 1980. A FRIEND CAME TO MY HOUSE AND SAID HIS UNCLE HAD JUST BOUGHT A 12" RECORD THAT WAS SO REAL I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT. IT WAS RAPPERS DELIGHT. FROM THAT DAY ON "IT" WAS ON .
___1986 IS WHEN I WOULD START TO BATTLE DJ'N, MC'N, BEATBOX'N. LOOKING TO GET ON THE MIC. I HOOKED UP WIT FRESH BEAT PRODUCTIONS OUTTA THE MO(modesto ca.). WHERE I WAS FEATURED AS A DJ AT THE SHOW'S WE WOULD TROUGH. WE'D RENT THE HALL, HIRE SECURITY, AND PROVIDED A CROWED WITH 4600 WHAT'S OF THUMP. RAPPER'S, BREAK DANCER'S, AND DJ BATTLES.

BWFP: 5. Who were your influences?
DJ MT: GRANDMASTER FLASH WAS THE FIRST DJ I HAD SEEN. SO I BOUGHT EVERY ALBUM OF THE FURIOUS FIVE. THE SUGAR HILL COMPILATION RECORD SETS, KURTIS BLOW, COLD CRUSH BROTHERS, LATER DANGEROUS DAME OUTTA THA TOWN(oakland ca.), 40 AND FAMILY, CUBE, BASICALLY ALL THE WEST COAST GANGSTA SHIT.
___I WAS LIKE 13 AT A "GROWN UP" HOUSE PARTY AND THEY WAS WATCHING WILD STYLE. I AIN'T NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE, BLACK'S AND LATINO'S PASSIN'' MIC'S. LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS HARD FOR A LATINO TO GET PASSED THA MIC IN THE WEST THAT'S WHY I WAS A DJ, THAT WAY, AT THE LEAST I WOULD BE ABLE TO RAP THROUGH THE SOUND CHECK.

BWFP: 6. Your first solo cd, "Brown, Sick, and Wicked" was released a while ago. When exactly was it released and what label was it released on?
DJ MT: IT WAS RELEASED IN MARCH 1997. I GOT MY FIRST COPY THE DAY BEFORE MY COUSINS FUNERAL (REST IN PEACE PELON). IT WAS RELEASED THROUGH THE EXPLICIT AND DARKROOM LABEL'S.

BWFP: 7. Were there any recording before "Brown, Sick and Wicked"?
DJ MT: EASE BACK WAS TO BE MY FIRST SOLO ALBUM, THAT I WAS GOING TO RELEASE INDEPENDENTLY, BUT QUICKLY RAN OUT OF CASH.
___MY HOMIE SIR DYNO KNEW THAT I HAD SOME SONGS DONE AND CALLED WITH INTEREST IN MAKING THIS A DARKROOM PROJECT. WE ADDED TRACK'S ONE THRU SEVEN TO THE CD. IT BECAME BROWN SICK AND WICKED.

BWFP: 8. On "Brown Sick and Wicked" you have a diss song entitled "Natural Hoez", what exactly was this beef about and did they ever retaliate with a song?
DJ MT: WE WERE DOING A SHOW IN TURLOCK,CA AT STANISLAUS STATE COLLEGE. AFTER THE SHOW NATURAL HIGH'S DJ MAGIC INVITED THE DARKROOM KLAN TO HIS PAD 4 A BBQ. ACE DOG WAS A MEMBER OF THE GROUP BUT JUMPED SHIP TO RISE WITH US. SO AS THE STORY GOES WHEN ALL THE DRF LEFT, ACE DOG WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO STAYED AND....GOT JUMPED. SO IN TRUE RAP FORM WE MADE A SONG. MY ALBUM WAS THE NEXT PROJECT COMING OUT SO WE PUT IT UP ON IT. NO RETALIATION AS FAR AS I KNOW. DON'T REALY GIVE A FUCK BOUT ANY OF THE PEOPLE ENVOLVED NOW DAYS.

BWFP: 9. What do you like better: rapping or producing?
DJ MT: IT'S LIKE HANDLIN' TWO BITCHES: YOU LIKE BOTH, BUT YOU CAN NEVER LOVE ONE, AND WHEN YOU GET TIRED OF ONE YOU SWITCH TO THE OTHER.

BWFP: 10. When did you hook up with the Low Down/Darkroom crews?
DJ MT: TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY (what's left of it). DYNO HAD ASKED ME TO BACK HIM UP ON HIS "BROWN PERSUASION" CASSETTE RELEASE.. BUT IT WAS'NT TILL 94 WHEN WE FIRST STARTED USING THE DARKROOM STUDIO. AT THAT TIME DYNO WAS STILL INTO BROWN PRIDE TYPE SHIT AND ENCOURAGED US NOT TO CURSE..... FUCK IT! NOT LONG AFTER THAT I WAS AT DYNO'S HOUSE WHEN WE WAS RAIDED BY THE LYRICAL SWAT (lowdown). THIS TACTICAL FORCE CAME UP IN THE STUDIO AND LIKE EXPERT MARKSMEN KNOCKED OUT A COUPLE OF SONGS QUICK LIKE. SO WHENEVER THE OPPORTUNITY CAME AROUND TO WORK WITH'EM (lowdown) I WOULD JUMP AT IT. THE SAME IS TRUE TODAY.

BWFP: 11. How come you were never featured in any of the Darkroom movies?
DJ MT: I AIN'T NO ACTOR THAT AIN'T ME. PLUS, I DON'T TAKE TO CRITICISM THAT WELL. THEY NEED TO WRITE IN M.T. AS A CHARACTER, PEOPLE SAY I LOOK JUST LIKE THAT VATO.

BWFP: 12. Do you still work with Darkroom?
DJ MT: NOPE.

BWFP: 13. Could you elaborate as to why you don't work with Darkroom anymore?
DJ MT: LONG STORY, BUT BASICALLY THIS IS IT....
___DYNO LIKES TO RECORD A WHOLE PROJECT IN A WEEKEND. HE CALLED ME UP ON A THURSDAY AND ASK ME IF I WOULD LIKE TO HOP ON A SONG FOR CROOKED'S SOLO I SAID "HELL YEA", THEN HE'D TELL ME MY VERSE WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE TOMMORROW, SO I PASSED, SHIT I'M 280 POUNDS I AIN'T JUMPING FOR NO MAN. THIS WAS THE SAME FOR DUKE AND OSO'S SOLO PROJECTS. I DON'T WORK LIKE THAT. THE FINAL STRAW WAS THE VIDEO COMP. THAT'S GOT ME ON THE FRONT, BUT I AIN'T FEATURED ON. SAME ROUTINE, RAN INTO HIM ON A WEDNESDAY IN TOWN HE ASKED ME TO MAKE A SONG, HE'D RECORD ME ON FRIDAY, AND ON SATURDAY WE'D SHOOT THA VIDEO. I TOLD HIM TO GET ME A BEAT THAT NIGHT AND I'D DO IT. I DIDN'T HEAR FROM HIM TILL FRIDAY. HE LEFT A MESSAGE, BECAUSE I WASN'T PICKING UP. I FIGURE AT THAT POINT THAT IF HE NEEDS TO TALK TO ME, HE COULD COME TO MY FRONT DOOR. THAT NEVER HAPPENED, AND AINT TALKED TO HIM SINCE. THAT WAS AUG. 2000.
___NOW THINK ABOUT THIS A LITTLE BIT PEOPLE. I HAVE'NT BEEN ON A DARKROOM RELEASE SINCE THEY LEFT DOGDAY INCLUDING ALG'S SOLO. MAINLY BECAUSE DUKE AND DYNO WAS MAD BECAUSE I USED THE DARKROOM NAME ON THE 1 BULLET 4 U PROJECT AND ADS. DUKE BASICALY TOLD ME THAT I WAS STILL IN THA GROUP, I JUST COULDN'T TELL ANYBODY(OR USE THA NAME). WHICH TO ME SAY'S "YOU OUT, WE JUST AIN'T GOT THA BALLS TO TELL YOU".
___THESE FOOLS WOULD NEVER SAY IT. THEY HAD ME ON THEIR WEB PAGE LIKE AN "ACTIVE" MEMBER. THAT'S WHY I LEFT MY INTERVIEW ON THE DARKROOM PAGE EMPTY, OUT OF PROTEST. SO ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO I SENT DYNO A E-MAIL OF SOME UP COMMIN' PROJECTS, AND A LITTLE MESSAGE. A FEW DAYS LATER HE TOOK ME OFF THE WEB PAGE, FINALLY! MORE THAN A YEAR AFTER THEY LEFT DOGDAY, AND UNOFFICIALLY GAVE ME THA BOOT. IN ALL I MADE $50 WITH DARKROOM, DON'T GET ME WRONG, IT CAME IN HANDY THAT DAY. ALL I CAN SAY IS "I AINT MAD ATCHA". I THANK DARKROOM 4 LEAVING, NOW US OTHER VATO'S CAN MAKE THAT CASH!, AND STILL MAKE THAT MUSIK!

BWFP: 14. Are you part of the group Project Affiliated? If so, can you tell us a little something about them?
DJ MT: PROUDLY I CAN SAY YES TO THAT QUESTION. THESE VATOS HAVE BEEN HERE JUST AS LONG AS MOST OF US IN THE LATIN RAP GAME. THEY FLEXED THEIR GUNS AND THEIR FORTY'S ON "POPS FADED" THEIR SONG MADE THE CUT FOR "FROM THE BARRIO WITH LOVE" ALONG WITH ANOTHER TRACK. THAT ALONE SHOULD STAND AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THESE SOLDIERS ARE MADE OF. YOU CAN SEE MYSELF AND THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE P.A. CREW AT, WWW.PROJECTAFFILIATED.COM

BWFP: 15. Of all the projects you have been associated with, which one is your favorite?
DJ MT: THAT'S EASY. THA MILITIA'S 2,1,WYNO'S,NEVER'S, AND THA UPCOMING 2 SIK RELEASE.

BWFP: 16. Who would you most want to work with again?
DJ MT: THAT SUBJECT IS OPEN TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, AS LONG AS U TRUE TO WHAT YOU DO.

BWFP: 17. Are you signed to Dogday Records, or was that just a one time deal?
DJ MT: IT'S ALL ON A PROJECT BY PROJECT BASIS. I JUST SIGNED WITH DOGDAY TO RELEASE MY BREAKBEAT ALBUMS WITCH WILL BE RELEASED IN 3 VOLUMES. ALSO I'M CURRENTLY WORKIN ON "APOCALYPSE BROWN 2" THE FOLLOW UP TO WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY SECOND SOLO ALBUM THAT WILL BE RELEASED BY DOGDAY/FARMHAND.

BWFP: 18. Do you own Farmhand Music?
DJ MT: ME AND MY BROTHER EARL JENKINS OWN FARMHAND MUSIC. THAT'S HIS ARM ON THE LOGO.

BWFP: 19. Who else is signed to Farmhand Music?
DJ MT: FARMHAND MUSIC DOES NOT SIGN ARTISTS.
___WE WORK ON CONSIGNMENT, IF WE SELL YOUR SHIT YOU GET PAID. I AIN'T GOING TO LIE TO Y'ALL.
___THIS BUSINESS IS FUCKED UP. IF YOU STARTING OUT YOU MUST PUT IN WORK(4 free)YOUR VERSE OR BEAT EQUALS YOUR NAME ON A CD, POSTER, AND MAGAZINE AD.
___PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THAT TO MUCH. THAT'S WHY WE DON'T SIGN ARTISTS.

BWFP: 20. What do you do when you are outside the studio?
DJ MT: WORK, IM A DELIVERY DRIVER IN SAN FRANCISCO. I GOTTA BBQ ON THE WEEKENDS. TEACH'N MY KIDS HOW TO REALLY BE BAD, AND NOT GET CAUGHT.

BWFP: 21. Explain what you mean when you say "brown pride days".
DJ MT: BROWN PRIDER'S HAVE THE THOUGHT THAT "WE SHOULD ALL JUST GET ALONG". WHILE, OTHERS CHOOSE A SIDE(COLOR) AND GET TO "BANGIN'".

BWFP: 22. What have been the most recent cds you have listened to?
DJ MT: OUTKAST? LUDACRIS? I DUNO, I'M LISTENING TO SHIT ALL THE TIME, AND THAT'S ALL THAT'S STICKING' OUT FAR AS MAIN STREAM. UNDERGROUNDIBHEARINEVERYTHANG.

BWFP: 23. Do you have another solo project in the works?
DJ MT: FOR SURE. IT'S CALLED "THE MEXICAN TERRORIST". IT'S ALL BOUT MURDER, DRUGS, AND MONEY. THAT'S WHAT ALL MY SHITS ABOUT.

BWFP: 24. Are there any projects you will be featured on in the near future?
DJ MT: "GHETTO 2 THA BARRIO 4", THE DOWN TIME MOVIE SOUNDTRACK'S GOT A NEW TRACK FROM THE APOCALYPSE BROWN 2 CD, AND THE PROJECT AFFILIATED DEBUT CD "2 SIK" TO BE RELEASED JULY 2, 2001. ALSO BE ON THA LOOKOUT FOR THAT 40 OUNCES AND A BLUNT FROM 2 SIK MUZIK.

BWFP: 25. Do you have any plans for a tour any time soon?
DJ MT: WE GOING ON TOUR STARTING ON APRIL 20th, 2002 WITH OUR PROJECT AFFILIATED CREW. WE'LL BE OPENING FOR THAT LOWDOWN CREW. BE ON THE LOOK OUT. (4-20-02)

BWFP: 26. Do you have anything to say in closing to your fans?
DJ MT: REPRESENTIN' TO THA FULLEST! THANX 4 THA SUPPORT.

DJMT

Artist
Mar 25, 2003
WWW.PROJECTAFFILIATED.COM
HIT MAN??

NAW,YALL! I THINK IT IZ SAFE 2 LEAVE THA HOUSE. IT IZ SAFE 2 WARM UP YOUR CAR N THA MORNING, YOU WILL NOT B SHOT WHILE MOWING YOUR LAWN!

IT AINT LIKE THAT PEOPLE. THIS IZ NORTE WE HAVE TO GET A GREEN LIGHT. WE HAVE 2 GET ALONG, STUPID!, OR ELSE IT CAUSES MORE DRAMA I AINT SEEN NO GREEN, YALL.

NEED TO RELAX N B PAITIANT!

FUCK HATIN' ON NORTE, HANDEL YOUR BUISNESS. SCRAPS N YOUR HOOD. ??.

GIVE THIS BOARD BACK TO WOODIE, DYNO GOT HIS OWN WEB PAGE. LETS PEEP EAST CO CO WHEN WE GET HERE, N PROMOTE. NOT START RUMORS, N UNECESSARY DRAMA!!

XIV,NORTE, ONE LOVE, B PROUD! !!!!ENE.