Looking for OG memphis tapes.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
-Tommy Wright III
-Riverside Clique
- 196 Clique
- Snubnose
- DJ Zirk
- Lil Fly (playa fly)
- Manson Family
- Criminal Maine
- Mr. Tinimaine
- Tom Skeemask
- DJ Paul or J mixtapes

It really doesn't matter. I want OG's tho.

I'm also interested in the reprinted CD remastered versions as well but I would prefer if they were sealed. I will buy them open just as long as they're not all fucked up if you have several of them or a collection

I'm really looking for a lot of the remastered versions 30 or 50 packs.

I'm looking for Evil Pimp as well - sealed would be preferred.

Not Memphis but Chicago but I'm looking for "Do Whatcha Wanna do" by Psychodrama in quantity....

I'll also take anything from DJ Shy One or his "spinoff" groups.

I can do cash or trade or both.

Last edited:

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
haha evil pimp. i remember that guy. was perpetrating that he was a memphis underground rapper. He's a dude from Iowa. I used to chat with him a lot on webtv back in the late 90s.

ive got that psychodrama CD... u want them in quantity though? i have one copy of it, and havent seen many others.. doubt you'll find a bunch of those anywhere.

tommy wright III sells a lot of his tapes, and others who were associated with him or Street Smart on ebay. Not sure if they're "OG" though. theyre just chrome tapes with paper sticker labels....the way they have always been sold. Ive got a few I picked up in the late 90s like N.O.D., Runnin N Gunnin', etc, but I'd rather hold on to 'em. Those tapes were tight!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
Evil Pimp is not Memphis rap.. he's just emulates Memphis rap. Been doing that for years, he doesn't even try to mention Memphis nowadays even if you ask him directly, people just keep connecting him like he's an original artist from Memphis because of all the false background he created for himself online and on CDs especially in the 00's. And people still believe that shit 10+ years later. Ain't a damn person in Memphis know who Evil Pimp is unless they get on the net and look him up. For one, the guy invented Stan Man identity as a way so he could shout "Memphis" on records but was just himself editing his vocals up in Iowa. I remember when folks started noticing how alike they voices were and started asking questions. More recently he had a guy who he brought in as "the real" Stan Man which is a dude that can't even rap and completely different voice. He tried to say that they purposely did not record Stan Man's real voice but instead used a computer voice because it sounded better. They literally on video saying that shit. That dude disappeared as quick as he appeared. If you ever talk with Creep Lo he'll fill you in on all the shit that went down even before all that in the early days of Evil Pimp and him when they was working together, notice there is no mention of Memphis on any of their material because they was repping Iowa. I remember when Drama Queen (Killa Queen) came out and called out all his shit and brought up that Stan Man garbage along with all that Memphis talk. The guy used to flood the net with all his mp3's and false Memphis background, and 'upcoming' releases, using all types of aliases to back up that he was from Memphis and had connections to Memphis. He would take preorders on all sorts of shit that never "dropped in stores" and then disappear, come back later, leak more tracks and do the same thing. Used netbangers and the early online re-emergence of old underground Memphis rap tapes on the net as bait and hook, because folks loved that shit. Then robbed they asses. Yea the guy can produce, but the truth on it is it's all too bogus for me to get into and i could never support it. How many times has he ripped off old DJ Zirk beats, Lord Infamous and Koopsta Knicca lyrics and delivery, DJ Paul tape samples etc. Really just took everything he was hearing from old Memphis rap and mixed it all up into creating himself, it's the farthest from original you can get, all the while he's counting and banking on that nobody from Memphis ever hears it. I mean dude was yelling "Binghampton Bound Bitch" and "Mitchell Heights" with a fake rapper as a featured artist, recording that shit probably in a studio by himself in Iowa, and people paid money for that. I mean I can just imagine him in there by himself saying "alrite that verse sounded real good now let me record Stan Man's verse" and then turns back on his mic..

It's pretty much a shame that nowadays folks will start naming all they favorite Memphis artists and include Evil Pimp. He has all sorts of fans now, it's crazy because even original Memphis artists get asked by fans today to be featured on an Evil Pimp track and they usually say something like i dont know who Evil Pimp is but see's he got a lot of followers and fans and be like hell yea we should do a track.

If he just kept his game legitimate and did his own thing and didn't bit the shit out of Memphis, I might been on board, I mean he does have talent even if it's all just replication. But the guys just so phoney I could care less if his music bumps. It's crazy that you can do & say whatever you want on the internet and so long as folks believe you, you can be whatever the hell you want.

I would prefer and support some talentless rapper with street credibilty 10 times out of 10 to an internet dwelling rapper who makes up his whole story, sells out his own fans, and bites the hell off original talents to create himself and sell a few CDs. I don't know about yall, but I can't be into that.

Apr 25, 2011
Hell of a rant there Mistamanne :siccness: Could care less where Evil Pimp claims to live...Some of his shit be bumpin!
Yea well i always got messages or emails asking what I think of Evil Pimp and I never answered them for years, things like do i have any of Evil Pimp's underground tapes from Memphis... what the hell?.. So this is like all ten years of that shit vented into one post. But it's like someone from a random place like Massachusetts rapping about hoods in Denver where you came from copying some cats underground beats and verses from there, then years later after pushing his CDs on the net the rest of the world is like damn Evil Pimp is hottest underground rapper from Denver, have you heard his shit? He should makes some tracks with all the other Denver legends. Denver rap 4 life! ...that's my impression of internet rap fans btw

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
I think most, if not all the "rappers" featured on his shit was him using audio editing sofyware to change the voices. LOL i used to call him out on that shit all the time when we would chat on AIM. i used to tell him to stop with the bogus Memphis shit and just rep Iowa, because i agree that he could flow and produced some pretty tight Memphis-style beats. He had been lying for so long though so i guess it was too late already to turn back. Its funny, though. Before i figured it out, i had tried sending him cash for tapes (like the "infamous" HOG KILLIN tape) but he would never take my money... sent me a grip of free mps thru AIM though. I had most, if not all of those tracks from the first Krucifix Klan cd years before he released it.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
haha evil pimp. i remember that guy. was perpetrating that he was a memphis underground rapper. He's a dude from Iowa. I used to chat with him a lot on webtv back in the late 90s.

ive got that psychodrama CD... u want them in quantity though? i have one copy of it, and havent seen many others.. doubt you'll find a bunch of those anywhere.

tommy wright III sells a lot of his tapes, and others who were associated with him or Street Smart on ebay. Not sure if they're "OG" though. theyre just chrome tapes with paper sticker labels....the way they have always been sold. Ive got a few I picked up in the late 90s like N.O.D., Runnin N Gunnin', etc, but I'd rather hold on to 'em. Those tapes were tight!
Yeah I want 30,50 or 100 packs of the cd's sealed.

I'd really prefer any quantity of the Psychodrama tape but that would be impossible to find because those are the OG's.... I'd take a 30 pack of the psychodrama do wacha wanna do - that or Newsense NESW, or pretty much any Dramaward cds or Ric Jilla or GI stuff..

I'll take the "penny" cd's too but I will only pay 15 shipped in the US for a 30 pack and I don't want the garbage either.

I'll pay a premium for Memphis cds tho - I'll take a collection but I would prefer they were sealed (but I want older stuff pre-2000)

I'll even take the more mainstream Chicago shit (although I have a ton of gangsta rare)

I can do cash/trade...... I have a shit ton I want to move out but I have cash too.

I basically want everyones excess shit they have in quantity that is sealed.

I would also feel comfortable dealing with the US and Canada only because shipping from Europe to the US is a pain in the ass and costs a lot. Unless a European has a bunch of sealed cds and and wants to move them cheap, I can work with that.

Apr 25, 2011
I think most, if not all the "rappers" featured on his shit was him using audio editing sofyware to change the voices. LOL i used to call him out on that shit all the time when we would chat on AIM. i used to tell him to stop with the bogus Memphis shit and just rep Iowa, because i agree that he could flow and produced some pretty tight Memphis-style beats. He had been lying for so long though so i guess it was too late already to turn back. Its funny, though. Before i figured it out, i had tried sending him cash for tapes (like the "infamous" HOG KILLIN tape) but he would never take my money... sent me a grip of free mps thru AIM though. I had most, if not all of those tracks from the first Krucifix Klan cd years before he released it.
Taaah Wordemup. I think probably the funniest thing i ever heard about Evil Pimp was from some producer i think from Germany that was hitting him up for features and EP was like do you want a feature from Stan Man too? Guy was like hell yea Stan Man is tight, and Pimp was like no problem it'll be $XXX cash for my feature but a little bit more for Stan Man because I manage him and will have to get him in the studio. Guy ended up negotiating a price for both features and ended up getting old verses that were already used on other tracks. Nicely played EP, probably did that more than once

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Evil Pimp is not Memphis rap.. he's just emulates Memphis rap. Been doing that for years, he doesn't even try to mention Memphis nowadays even if you ask him directly, people just keep connecting him like he's an original artist from Memphis because of all the false background he created for himself online and on CDs especially in the 00's. And people still believe that shit 10+ years later. Ain't a damn person in Memphis know who Evil Pimp is unless they get on the net and look him up. For one, the guy invented Stan Man identity as a way so he could shout "Memphis" on records but was just himself editing his vocals up in Iowa. I remember when folks started noticing how alike they voices were and started asking questions. More recently he had a guy who he brought in as "the real" Stan Man which is a dude that can't even rap and completely different voice. He tried to say that they purposely did not record Stan Man's real voice but instead used a computer voice because it sounded better. They literally on video saying that shit. That dude disappeared as quick as he appeared. If you ever talk with Creep Lo he'll fill you in on all the shit that went down even before all that in the early days of Evil Pimp and him when they was working together, notice there is no mention of Memphis on any of their material because they was repping Iowa. I remember when Drama Queen (Killa Queen) came out and called out all his shit and brought up that Stan Man garbage along with all that Memphis talk. The guy used to flood the net with all his mp3's and false Memphis background, and 'upcoming' releases, using all types of aliases to back up that he was from Memphis and had connections to Memphis. He would take preorders on all sorts of shit that never "dropped in stores" and then disappear, come back later, leak more tracks and do the same thing. Used netbangers and the early online re-emergence of old underground Memphis rap tapes on the net as bait and hook, because folks loved that shit. Then robbed they asses. Yea the guy can produce, but the truth on it is it's all too bogus for me to get into and i could never support it. How many times has he ripped off old DJ Zirk beats, Lord Infamous and Koopsta Knicca lyrics and delivery, DJ Paul tape samples etc. Really just took everything he was hearing from old Memphis rap and mixed it all up into creating himself, it's the farthest from original you can get, all the while he's counting and banking on that nobody from Memphis ever hears it. I mean dude was yelling "Binghampton Bound Bitch" and "Mitchell Heights" with a fake rapper as a featured artist, recording that shit probably in a studio by himself in Iowa, and people paid money for that. I mean I can just imagine him in there by himself saying "alrite that verse sounded real good now let me record Stan Man's verse" and then turns back on his mic..

It's pretty much a shame that nowadays folks will start naming all they favorite Memphis artists and include Evil Pimp. He has all sorts of fans now, it's crazy because even original Memphis artists get asked by fans today to be featured on an Evil Pimp track and they usually say something like i dont know who Evil Pimp is but see's he got a lot of followers and fans and be like hell yea we should do a track.

If he just kept his game legitimate and did his own thing and didn't bit the shit out of Memphis, I might been on board, I mean he does have talent even if it's all just replication. But the guys just so phoney I could care less if his music bumps. It's crazy that you can do & say whatever you want on the internet and so long as folks believe you, you can be whatever the hell you want.

I would prefer and support some talentless rapper with street credibilty 10 times out of 10 to an internet dwelling rapper who makes up his whole story, sells out his own fans, and bites the hell off original talents to create himself and sell a few CDs. I don't know about yall, but I can't be into that.
I Know he's not "from" Memphis - he stays in Minnesota.

Either way he is still a fucking nut......

I don't care much for his lyrics, but his beats are dope.

All he does is rap about the devil..... I don't know why the fuck he doesn't rap about anything else.... Murder, Devil and Glocks.

His beats are fine but that whole "satanic" shit gets tired..

And he's been spewing the same shit since his MP3.com days.

It's only been 10 years.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I dunno where u plan on finding 30 sealed copies of that psych drama cd from but good luck on your quest homie. Like i said, i have ONE copy and have never come across another copy anywhere
I had 200 of them at one point, and BTW EVERY Psychodrama "Do whacha wanna do" cd is a reprint of the tape. I want more but I could easily get 10 from every record store round here but I'm not going to pay 10 each. The only time I do that is when I get at least 20 free tapes of my choice. I paid 90-something for the 200 and got a shit load of tapes and Ironically I got 2 psychodrama tapes with it...

The real OG is the tape, and it was a maxi-single.

A lot of collectors don't know this....

There never was an OG Psychodrama: "do whatcha wanna do" cd - at least not to the public. That fucking cd was released for demand and was released like 10 years later.

Waaay back in the day the only way you could get that cut was on tape.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Yea well i always got messages or emails asking what I think of Evil Pimp and I never answered them for years, things like do i have any of Evil Pimp's underground tapes from Memphis... what the hell?.. So this is like all ten years of that shit vented into one post. But it's like someone from a random place like Massachusetts rapping about hoods in Denver where you came from copying some cats underground beats and verses from there, then years later after pushing his CDs on the net the rest of the world is like damn Evil Pimp is hottest underground rapper from Denver, have you heard his shit? He should makes some tracks with all the other Denver legends. Denver rap 4 life! ...that's my impression of internet rap fans btw
Man that dude was on MP3.com back in the day when it existed for amateur artists.

Back in those days he didn't even try that "Memphis" style - he was just a regular morbid rapper - but he did nothing close to what he's doing now.

I don't think he's from Iowa either I think he's from Minnesota.

I'd love to see what he could do in Chicago/Waukegan tho...

If he got off that horrorcore devil shit I think he could be decent. I'm shocked ICP or Esham didn't sign him - because he would be a good fit there.

Apr 25, 2011
Evil Pimp is not from Minnesota, there was another internet only rapper from MP3.com back in the day called Dosia Demon he did the same horrorcore game, he was from Minnesota, they had internet beef i don't know much more about that other than they were both nerding it out dissing each other. Evil Pimp's self told story or atleast what he spread online was that he grew up in Memphis. Then he later changed it to he grew up there only as a young child, then says he moved to Georgia grew up there, then moved to Iowa where he started music, that was confirmed by the handful of past "labelmates" that actually exist such as Creep Lo, Playa Rob, and Killa Queen. Nobody can or has ever vouched that he actually ever was in Memphis even as a child, other than himself. Everybody that actually knows him only knew him when he was in Iowa. And we know for a fact that Stan Man from Binghampton doesn't exist. So why would anyone believe he was ever in Memphis. Even when I asked him directly on Myspace back in the day about why I never heard of him or any of his music, he said he was only there as a child like 5-6 before moving to Georgia for a longer period of time before moving to Iowa. Then apparently he starts making music in Iowa with Creep Lo, never once claiming Memphis at that time. And why the hell didn't he ever claim Cordele, GA?? He was apparently living there for a minute, you never hear that on a track, then all of a sudden when old Memphis Rap re-emmerged on the net with popularity like the MTown Bound site, especially spreading in the same netbanging parts of the net he was already working in, he then pops out of nowhere claiming Memphis and inventing his story from there, not to mention creating fake bandmates who supposedly live in Memphis which is all anyone really needs to hear about Evil Pimp. Why would Evil Pimp know some middle school rapper in Memphis anyway?? People actually want to believe some lil kid in Memphis was making tracks with a producer in Iowa?? A lil kid rapper in Memphis would have never heard of Evil Pimp, let alone would have easily been able to work with the thousands of producers/rappers in Memphis before "signing" with some guy who only has an internet track record with netbangers. It's one thing to create your own story and history for yourself (underground tapes he made in Memphis that never happened) it's another thing to make up a completely fictional rapper out of thin air literally just to get a connection to a city's sound, then get some random kid's photos to back up that story, then later get some random guy to say he's the real Stan Man on video but he never used his real voice on record because it didn't sound good. That is the craziest chain of events and repeated BS I've ever heard about any rapper, especially one with so many fans today. There's tons of famous rappers we all know that have had their street cred put under a microscope for exaggeration and/or fabrication. But this is completely different, there's no credibilty, it's all completely made up for no reason.

Evil Pimp stated numerous times that he was going to stop the "Devil Shit" rap, claiming he was tired of it himself and he even made Radio music and trap music and tried to go in that direction, but ofcourse all his fans wouldn't have that, they love that fake ass Memphis evil rap that he created for himself and he still has to live by it if he wants to make any money off it. I think the guy got depressed, he said he's an alcoholic, dude used to be big dude, if you seen him on FB he's skinny as hell today. I was always curious about EP ever since I first heard him, I can't lie his Memphis copycat music is and was bumping, but dude went way too far to the point where it's personally offensive to me and anyone else from Memphis involved in music there, that he would try so hard and invest so much time into emulating the city's sound to the point where people today just think he's part of it... when he isn't and never was. Just a phoney rapper/producer that could have just used his skills to do his own thing to begin with in the first place.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Evil Pimp is not from Minnesota, there was another internet only rapper from MP3.com back in the day called Dosia Demon he did the same horrorcore game, he was from Minnesota, they had internet beef i don't know much more about that other than they were both nerding it out dissing each other. Evil Pimp's self told story or atleast what he spread online was that he grew up in Memphis. Then he later changed it to he grew up there only as a young child, then says he moved to Georgia grew up there, then moved to Iowa where he started music, that was confirmed by the handful of past "labelmates" that actually exist such as Creep Lo, Playa Rob, and Killa Queen. Nobody can or has ever vouched that he actually ever was in Memphis even as a child, other than himself. Everybody that actually knows him only knew him when he was in Iowa. And we know for a fact that Stan Man from Binghampton doesn't exist. So why would anyone believe he was ever in Memphis. Even when I asked him directly on Myspace back in the day about why I never heard of him or any of his music, he said he was only there as a child like 5-6 before moving to Georgia for a longer period of time before moving to Iowa. Then apparently he starts making music in Iowa with Creep Lo, never once claiming Memphis at that time. And why the hell didn't he ever claim Cordele, GA?? He was apparently living there for a minute, you never hear that on a track, then all of a sudden when old Memphis Rap re-emmerged on the net with popularity like the MTown Bound site, especially spreading in the same netbanging parts of the net he was already working in, he then pops out of nowhere claiming Memphis and inventing his story from there, not to mention creating fake bandmates who supposedly live in Memphis which is all anyone really needs to hear about Evil Pimp. Why would Evil Pimp know some middle school rapper in Memphis anyway?? People actually want to believe some lil kid in Memphis was making tracks with a producer in Iowa?? A lil kid rapper in Memphis would have never heard of Evil Pimp, let alone would have easily been able to work with the thousands of producers/rappers in Memphis before "signing" with some guy who only has an internet track record with netbangers. It's one thing to create your own story and history for yourself (underground tapes he made in Memphis that never happened) it's another thing to make up a completely fictional rapper out of thin air literally just to get a connection to a city's sound, then get some random kid's photos to back up that story, then later get some random guy to say he's the real Stan Man on video but he never used his real voice on record because it didn't sound good. That is the craziest chain of events and repeated BS I've ever heard about any rapper, especially one with so many fans today. There's tons of famous rappers we all know that have had their street cred put under a microscope for exaggeration and/or fabrication. But this is completely different, there's no credibilty, it's all completely made up for no reason.

Evil Pimp stated numerous times that he was going to stop the "Devil Shit" rap, claiming he was tired of it himself and he even made Radio music and trap music and tried to go in that direction, but ofcourse all his fans wouldn't have that, they love that fake ass Memphis evil rap that he created for himself and he still has to live by it if he wants to make any money off it. I think the guy got depressed, he said he's an alcoholic, dude used to be big dude, if you seen him on FB he's skinny as hell today. I was always curious about EP ever since I first heard him, I can't lie his Memphis copycat music is and was bumping, but dude went way too far to the point where it's personally offensive to me and anyone else from Memphis involved in music there, that he would try so hard and invest so much time into emulating the city's sound to the point where people today just think he's part of it... when he isn't and never was. Just a phoney rapper/producer that could have just used his skills to do his own thing to begin with in the first place.
I stopped making music for the same reasons.... I was never on the "devil shit" but shit just got out of hand.... And sometimes you just need to stop four your own physical and mental health - not to mention the streets.

Not to mention your political/spiritual ideals change..... It's easy to rap when you're 17,25 or whatever but when you get into your 30's it's a different story.

Apr 25, 2011
Back to the original topic, I have hundreds of original Memphis tapes & CDs, I sell a few every once and a while, I used to sell sealed CDs on Amazon a long while back, but those are mostly all gone now, just my personal collection is left. I still have a ton of sealed cassettes though. As for underground tapes for sale, right now I have an original MC Mack - Pimpin As A Mack (666 Mafia) in new condition up for sale on Ebay and a Children of the Corn - The Last Chapter sealed with sticker that was never paid for last time. Priced high intended for offers, quality classics. I also just off my facebook page "Tha Memphis Rewind"

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Back to the original topic, I have hundreds of original Memphis tapes & CDs, I sell a few every once and a while, I used to sell sealed CDs on Amazon a long while back, but those are mostly all gone now, just my personal collection is left. I still have a ton of sealed cassettes though. As for underground tapes for sale, right now I have an original MC Mack - Pimpin As A Mack (666 Mafia) in new condition up for sale on Ebay and a Children of the Corn - The Last Chapter sealed with sticker that was never paid for last time. Priced high intended for offers, quality classics. I also just off my facebook page "Tha Memphis Rewind"
I have the MC Mack

If I can do something with it (and I want to hold it) Is: Mr. Ivan 187 in a hockey mask, however I am willing to trade for quantity that I can resell.

I have pics.

I came up on a nice trade and got a couple of mega rares as well.

PM me

If you're interested: MR. Ivan 187, Playa G and OG 187 Clique Mafia Mind of a 44 Og (green disc)....Easy to sell, but as a collector I think maybe you have something could potentially sell or trade a one of the cds for..... Like I said in previous posts I'm looking in the 20-50 dollar range so I can avoid taxes and ebay fees -obviously I cannot give all 3 away in a deal but since I'm trying to get back in the game - if the deal was right then we could have a deal.

Right now I'm looking for decent quantity cd or tapes, and I really don't mind if a few hundred penny cds are included or if 50 or 100 bucks was included just to have some extra inventory.

I wouldn't mind a cash deal either - I really just want sealed quantity. I'm not looking for cash just a startup to start my business again.

If Interested let me know. I just think you have some of what it may take to make me take to retain my business.