LOOKING AT GETTING THIS?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2003
YEAH IM LOOKING AT GETTING THIS CAMERA TO TAKE WAY BETTER PICTURES SINCE I JUST GOT MY FIRST ON CALL MODEL. AND I WANNA DEFINATELY STEP UP MY CAMERA GAME. MAYBE EVEN TRY TO SHOOT WEDDINGS FOR SOME MONEY TO COME IN. BUT I WANNA GET SOME SUGGESTIONS IF IM SHOOTING TOO HIGH OR MAYBE I SHOULD GO WITH ANOTHER MODEL. JUST PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH DIRECTION I SHOULD GO WITH.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD80.html

NICK
MINDZI

Feb 24, 2007
I say before you spend dough like that take some time to read....you obviously have never owned a dslr before so i suggest visiting http://dpreview.com and reading about some cameras before you just go off buying something....no sense in paying for features you arent gonna even use because honestly thats all you get between the two cams you just posted.....some of the features of the D200 may not cater to you which is what you would be paying the extra money for.....image quality between the two are the exact same

Feb 24, 2007
LadyTragik said:
Nikons are great.. D80 is a good start..but so would a D50..both produce similar work..

If you really want to invest on something nice.. Get a Nikon D200
While the D50 is a cool cam to start out on, the image quality of the D80 is better....and the D80 has more mp's...Also, the D50 is very hard to find brand new since it was replaced by the D40 to be Nikon's entry level cam....If price is no issue, the D80 would be the better choice...I only know all this cause I own a D80, and was thinking about getting a D50 before I got the D80 :classic:

Sep 26, 2003
true i got ya man. i mean to me i was thinking that the d80 would be about the same quality picture wise but maybe some other features on that d200 that could help out but probably something i wouldnt get into real quick. i just wanna have the crispness in my pictures and not have to edit them alot like i have to do now using this bullshit easyshare, but its what i have at the moment. but money isnt really an option, i just want a camera that would last me for some years and give me clean crisp photos everytime. cause im bout to set me up a little photo studio with the softboxes and what not and backdrops and step my game up heavily. so what yall think?

Feb 24, 2007
If you read some stuff on your own you will find that the D80 can handle all of what you said.....With the D200 you're gonna come off an extra $600 for features I can almost guarantee you arent gonna use