Live songs/albums

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Do any of you guys get enjoyment from live audio? Aside from being at the concert or maybe even a video I could never stand to listen to anything live.

Some bands release live albums or throw live tracks on a re-issue as "bonus" material. I don't know why but it bothers me. Why am I going to pay to hear a band sound shittier?

And I have never felt inclined to listen to a bands live audio before I see them in concert. To me it has no barring over actually being there.

May 15, 2002
There are a few bands that I like live and most are from the 60's and 70's (namely pink floyd) because they would play different versions of the songs, and would vary from concert to concert. I know there are bands that do that nowadays, too, but nothing really that I listen to.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like live albums/songs if they're not just the studio songs played live. Unplugged shows, extended/different versions, etc. are all good for me.

In reference to not listening to live albums before seeing them live, once I see a band live, listening to live albums does nothing for me, and a lot of the time I don't even care to listen to their studio stuff for a while..like I reached the temporary endpoint for their music.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Between the Buried and Me's live version of their album Color is just as good if not better in some parts.

I always liked Alice In Chains and Nirvana's Unplugged live albums.

There are a few other live albums that are really good but I'm drawing a blank right now.

May 16, 2002
i like live stuff. i have probably 70 different nirvana bootlegs of shows and quite a few pumpkins and other bands too. ive always enjoyed hearing the band's live rendition better always for some reason...

i have a lot of friends that dont like live recordings either tho...

Mar 18, 2003
Some unplugged recordings, usually intended to be recorded, are cool. I rather enjoy Nirvana unplugged, amongst others. What turned me away were, for example, certain live Metallica songs they would randomly play on the radio. I'm talking about songs from actual concerts where the sound is distorted and the crowd is audible. For the most part unplugged songs are done on a relatively quiet set and are aimed at being recorded.

There are a few bands that I like live and most are from the 60's and 70's (namely pink floyd) because they would play different versions of the songs, and would vary from concert to concert. I know there are bands that do that nowadays, too, but nothing really that I listen to.
That makes sense to me. I wouldn't mind hearing alterations or even covers, especially from Pink Floyd. Always been a big fan.