Live action AKIRA movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
Warner Brothers has inked a deal to turn the six-volume graphic novel into a pair of live action movies. Leonardo DiCaprio has signed on to produce the films, and anime aficionados will be happy to hear that Akira’s creator, artist Katsuhiro Otomo, will be working with the production in the capacity of executive producer. The first movie is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2009.

Each feature will be based on three of the books in Otomo's series. The story takes place in New Manhattan, a metropolis that was rebuilt after being destroyed 31 years earlier. Otomo will exec produce the films.

WB has closed a seven-figure rights acquisition deal with manga publisher Kodansha and has set Ruairi Robinson to direct a script by Gary Whitta ("Book of Eli"). Andrew Lazar's Mad Chance will produce with Appian Way's Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson.

Directed by the Hughes Brothers.

Should be alright....

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Warner Brothers has inked a deal to turn the six-volume graphic novel into a pair of live action movies. Leonardo DiCaprio has signed on to produce the films, and anime aficionados will be happy to hear that Akira’s creator, artist Katsuhiro Otomo, will be working with the production in the capacity of executive producer. The first movie is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2009.

Each feature will be based on three of the books in Otomo's series. The story takes place in New Manhattan, a metropolis that was rebuilt after being destroyed 31 years earlier. Otomo will exec produce the films.

WB has closed a seven-figure rights acquisition deal with manga publisher Kodansha and has set Ruairi Robinson to direct a script by Gary Whitta ("Book of Eli"). Andrew Lazar's Mad Chance will produce with Appian Way's Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson.

Directed by the Hughes Brothers.

Should be alright....
the two bolded lines don't match up. I will probably watch this, but most likely this will be al boo boo

Nov 7, 2002
the two bolded lines don't match up. I will probably watch this, but most likely this will be al boo boo
LOL

True...I think Leo is a "donald" but he knows about making money.
He knows...you have to produce some dope projects and the money just comes.
We'll see how he does in Shutter Island. boo boo

Nov 7, 2002
^^^^
Didn't I tell you to stop posting after me..about me..in my thread..or anything related to me ....and any other available option or combination.

YOU FUCKING DONALD. You little Fucking Geek.

Of course it's not Canadian...there is no Canadian...in Canada we speak ENGLISH and in Quebec they speak French.

Feb 7, 2006
New Manhattan...what the fuck is that americanized bullshit? But Hughes Brothers, hmmmm...

Tetsuo: Hey Kaneda you ready to ride on these bitch ass clown face motorcycle gang?

Kaneda: Man, I don't know.

Tetsuo: Man, these mufuckers killed yo oyabun, dog, and you just gon sit there?

Kaneda: i'm just not sure...

Tetsuo: Fuck that we finna ride over there on our cool ass fuck red future bikes and lay errythang over there down.

Yamagata: Man both of yall actin like some bitches, we gon go over there shoot some electricity balls at them fools and lay em down, and then go smell some school girl panties!

Verdict = Most likely gonna suck.