"LG chocolate" cell phone

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
I got this phone on the 2nd offline...its a cool phone but dont trip to get 1000 songs you gotta buy a $100 memory card... You can get cards for 30 bucks that hold about 300...the phone itself can only hold about 30-50 all depends the length..phones crackin tho its shitten on anyother phone out from Verizon right now

May 19, 2005
I FUCKIN HATE LG PHONES
there the cheapest most piece of shit phones ever
never herd anything good about them phones.
before i hated them i had one,and ended up goin threw about 5 of them in 3 month,never again

get the Q
now thats the phone of the future

May 4, 2005
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
that phone looks like its the size of a brick....ill pass...

You crazy its TINY ... the size of a flip phone when closed... And about thin as the Razr closed... its a small small phone for what it does...

And LG phones are shit? You trippin cuz thats all i have had for the last 5 years... Better then almost anything on the market... SOLID ..The MOTO Q was a flop flimsy and hella crippled not to mention the HORRIBLE lag on the menu's ... But whateva is cleaver its all up to the eye of the owner

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
ThiZZmAtiC510 said:
^^ ive had 3 LG phones and havent had a problem with any of em
yeah mine had great reception, i only took it back cuz my whole family has cingular

that phone looks clean though, i hope cingular got it

May 7, 2002
DeceptaKhan said:
get the Q
now thats the phone of the future
You neva lied... The Q is sick.. You have to get the extended battery though... One full movie (1 hr. 30 min) will drain the phone pretty good..

My Q can D/L google maps with directions and traffic data..
Weekday alarms W/O weekend wake up..
NES,Genesis,SNES compatible
Play Movies, TV shows, Mp3's stream net radio...
Video camera with 1.3 MP camera
Can be tethered with laptops for wireless net..
Wave/Mp3 Voice recorder for Flo sessions.

If you into networking real big get the Q!!!!!

Dec 2, 2003
the phone is dope. I work for Verizon out here in Sac and I got to see a presentation last week for the LG Chocolate and we got to play with them and they were dope! I was going to get it, but I got the LG 9800M The V.

May 7, 2002
SoilSavy said:
The MOTO Q was a flop flimsy and hella crippled not to mention the HORRIBLE lag on the menu's ... But whateva is cleaver its all up to the eye of the owner
Q. Flimsy No.. Wrong phone, maybe the demo phone..
The lag can be fixed with a flip of a menu.. (switch off sounds while dialing) Easy "fix"

The Q is THE networking phone for anyone in the music business. >>>> Sidekicks by miles. You can promote YOUR Videos/CLIPS, songs, beats, hold up to 2 Gigs of ANY FILE on a mini SD card.. You can view the net including siccness and gayspace.. You can stream radio from the net with the data package.. You can get free turn by turn directions with traffic maps from google and MSN. Free Roms from NES, Genesis, and SNES, A 1.3 MP camera with a steady on light for vid clips.. Bluetooth and Bluetooth GPS, and a chunky ass battery that will hold 1/3 juice after watching a full movie with the stereo speakers on blast!! And for the freestylers a 16 bit Wave or MP3 audio recorder for calls (other party only) or a battle session... A 4 gig card will be coming out soon to use for the Q...

Forget the pod get a Q.

Apr 25, 2002
NorCal707E said:
the phone is dope. I work for Verizon out here in Sac and I got to see a presentation last week for the LG Chocolate and we got to play with them and they were dope! I was going to get it, but I got the LG 9800M The V.
Do you work in a store or at the call center in Rancho???

Another Verizon employee here...got the LG 8300, hella love it...I got a 1gig card, and I got like 22 full length albums on it...over like 12 hours of music...

Dec 2, 2003
Villain said:
Do you work in a store or at the call center in Rancho???

Another Verizon employee here...got the LG 8300, hella love it...I got a 1gig card, and I got like 22 full length albums on it...over like 12 hours of music...
I work at the call center in Rancho, what about you?

Apr 13, 2004
im already an existing verizon wireless customer n im pretty much gona cop this phone it costs 360 but does it come wit all the good shit like the mem card n leather case n shit or is it just the phone n charger?

Dec 19, 2005
SALAD_BOWL_VGN said:
im already an existing verizon wireless customer n im pretty much gona cop this phone it costs 360 but does it come wit all the good shit like the mem card n leather case n shit or is it just the phone n charger?
verizon wants you to buy all that shit separately so they can make as much money as possible. id bet my life that the only things in that case are the phone, the charger, and a manual.

I've got the 9800 and it does everything the chocolate does except the chocolate has the new Flash UI. I've got a full length movie and 10 chapelle's show clips and a whole shitload of mp3s. Whoever pays $100 for a microSD card is probably buying it through Verizon. You can get 2GB mini & micro SD cards for $45-$70 online. I got my 1 GB miniSD at Fry's last week for $30. And it it depends on what quality you encode your songs at as to how many you can fit on a card. I have a 5-6 mixes which are 1-3 hrs long which takes up about 1/4 of my card.
My Q can D/L google maps with directions and traffic data..
Weekday alarms W/O weekend wake up..
Play Movies, TV shows, Mp3's stream net radio...
Video camera with 1.3 MP camera
Can be tethered with laptops for wireless net..
Wave/Mp3 Voice recorder for Flo sessions.
I can do all that on my 9800 plus surf the mobile web for free (just uses airtime)
SALAD_BOWL_VGN said:
Just like any other phone it ain't gonna have none of that. VZW has a package with all that included and their data kit for like $250-300 with a new activation.

In my opinion from playing around with it the other day at the VZW store it ain't all that. Its cool but the touch buttons take a bit to adjust to and that shit will get smudged up quite easily. Also the Flash UI lags sometimes. This is just this years Razr. If I had to pick between a 9800 and 8500 I'd go with the 9800.

that phone looks clean though, i hope cingular got it
It's exclusive to Verizon. I believe the whole chocolate line is.

NorCal707E or Villain y'all got any info on the 9900?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
The 1gb card rigt now is $59.99 which is areally good deal. So far so good with the choclate, I've only witnessed one return and that was because the dude said he was dropping alot of calls.

The Q is an excellent phone. Now if anyone is having issues with lag, open the Task Manager to kill some apps that you might not realize you're running. The only other semi-gripe I have about the Q is that word docs and such are read only, can't do any editing. Other than that, it's great. The extended battery is only like $20 bucks too while the promo lasts. I also wish Get It Now was available for apps like VZnavigator, having a play by play gps is way better than mapquest.