LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! D-Sane's beat contest starts today!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
OK boys and girls.....here it is. Peep the beat out......if you're feeling it......download it and put the lyrical smashdown on it!!!!!

I think the tempo is 90 on this. It was made with the Mo Phatt and Triton......the layout is as follows:

4 bar/measure INTRO
16 bar/measure VERSE
8 bar/measure HOOK/CHORUS
16 bar/measure VERSE
16 bar/measure VERSE
and 12-16 bar/measure OUTRO

The sequence isn't very detailed at this point....but it can be customized for the winner.

THE DEAL & RULES:

1. Download the beat and make a song to it.

2. Conestants have exactly 2 weeks from today to make their song. All entries must be received by Midnight on January 29th! There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!

3. Entries must be e-mailed to me so that I may be able to post them all up together on the same thread and create a POLL to vote on them. E-mail all entries to [email protected] Be sure to include your artist or group name!

4. We will all vote on which song we like the most and the person or people receiving the most votes will win the beat!!!

5. Send all bribe money to D-Sane @ P.O. Box 77603 Seattle, WA 98177......lol.

Good luck.......and GET YOUR ASS TO WORK!!!!

DOWNLOAD THE BEAT HERE! (Right click and select "save target as" to save)

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
^^^^when u buy beats from people
u dont necessarily get their best beats anyway..
much less a free 1...

at any rate.....
i think ill neglect even entering the contest
& juss go with a the pure bribe.....
jk...look 4 my entry......

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
phil said:
no offense d, but ive heard better from you. did you rush this?
This guy.....ACTUALLY........it's one of my newer beats that I did about 6 months ago and dug out of the archives. Most of my older beats were done strictly on the Triton.....most of my new shit has the Mo Phatt incorporated. I also just won a Proteus off of E-Bay.....so I'll be adding that to my arsenal.

Anywho.......I like the beat and think that it is pretty versatile. I'm not gonna sit up here and give my best shit away......but I think this beat is FAR from wack.......and smashes on 90% of the beats that get posted around here ANY DAY.

Did I rush it? I've made some of my best work in 10 minutes......so it doesn't make a difference if it was "rushed" or not.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
that's a sick beat D.....i agree with you about it NOT being wack at all...i think it's tight.....

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
im basing this on what ive heard from you before. like i said no offense, but most of your beats have more going on. basically what lady lane said.

nothing personal.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
phil said:
im basing this on what ive heard from you before. like i said no offense, but most of your beats have more going on. basically what lady lane said.

nothing personal.
I'm not taking it personal bro....it's all good. Alot of times what I do is post unfinished beats.....then I'll go back and spice them up after somebody has decided to purchase. I didn't want to make this beat too intricate at this point.....I may decide to add a couple more sounds later. Sometimes though.....SIMPLICITY is the key!

So since you brought it up......what is some of my "best work" to you?

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
soggy
forgive me
kaoz
seattles finest
money motivated
evil back streets
comin up in the 6
rest in paradise
i just wanna

those are probably some of the better ones off the ik, byrdie, fts and syko albums.

Apr 25, 2002
I'd like to sit and listen to all the beats D-sane has in his archives. Just marinate to those sick ass compositions. That would be cool as fuck....

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
phil said:
soggy
forgive me
kaoz
seattles finest
money motivated
evil back streets
comin up in the 6
rest in paradise
i just wanna

those are probably some of the better ones off the ik, byrdie, fts and syko albums.
Thanks.......but I didn't do the "Forgive Me" or "Kaoz" beats. Those are mostly Syko's masterpieces.....with the exception of a sound or 2 that I added.