lengthening beats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 13, 2004
i got many 1 minute samples that i was given, i need to know how to make these one minute samples into full beats, they have hooks and verses they just aint long enough. any feedback is appreciated

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
need a little more info, but if you working with a computer load the sample up cut a 4 bar section, set the tempo you want then add some drums bass lines etc, you can copy that til you have sixteen bars then mute some instruments on the next eight for hookthen repeat , without info like what equip you have or what you really trying to do its hard to answer

Sep 13, 2004
all i got is the computer, i got acid, fruity loops and reason, the beats have the hook already in um, like with the extra instruments, they also have the verse part, with an insrument left out, i just need to know if there is a better program for makin um longer, and if so, how to use it and where to get it.

Jun 27, 2005
What I would do is cut the loop for the verse into the 4, 8 or 16 bar segment however big the loop is, then find out the tempo, do the same thing for the hook, then load each part into fruity loops and map it out with the playlist editor. you might want to put an extra 8 bars at the beginning for an intro and an extra 8-16 at the end to fade out on as well. sorry if thats too complicated, i aint too good at explainin shit, but I figured its worth a shot.

Sep 13, 2004
^ i was tryin to do that in acid but in most of um the time signiture is different, i think thats the right term for it, like the pattern for the hook is not exactly 2 measures or whatever, it is more than 8 beats. its like 11 or some random ass number like that

Apr 25, 2002
Unless you plan on laying midi on top of that beat, you can ignore the time signature. And if you're jackin' somebodys music, just know that one way or another that shit will catch up to you. You can't escape your karma.

Sep 13, 2004
Sick Wid It said:
Unless you plan on laying midi on top of that beat, you can ignore the time signature. And if you're jackin' somebodys music, just know that one way or another that shit will catch up to you. You can't escape your karma.
and what i meen by the time signiture thing, in acid it braks it up into four beat measures, it copy and pastes in 4 beat measures, ect ........, in some the beats, the beat drops, or the hook stops like on beat three, so i cant copy and paste it, and acid wont let me overlap the measures or id do that

Jun 11, 2002
www.soundclick.com
here's the deal....I made these beats with an mc505 and an rm1x,when I recorded them it was with wavelab using the line in method thru my soundcard....when I did it I recorded the beat samples on the fly basically,with all the tracks together,not seperated individually....and then I got rid of the gear and had nothing but these samples left on my cpu,so I gave them to the guy askin the questions.if you can help fine ,if not oh well,I'm just lettin you know he didn't jack anything...I don't know the first fuckin thing about software,so that's why he's askin you seasoned veterans

ghost

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
and what i meen by the time signiture thing, in acid it braks it up into four beat measures, it copy and pastes in 4 beat measures, ect ........,

Change the grid in acid.

in some the beats, the beat drops, or the hook stops like on beat three, so i cant copy and paste it, and acid wont let me overlap the measures or id do that

If the hook stops on beat three have you tried to copy 1 and 2 of the hook and loop that for four?

Apr 25, 2002
@reppin_the_509

You can accomplish what you're trying to do with any sample editor. It sounds like Acids design is forcing you to do more work than necessary to get the same results. I'd just use something else (Sound Forge, Cool Edit Pro, Wavelab, whatever) and be done with it.

If Acid automatically chops your samples up, either turn the option off (if you can) or just use a 1 bar loop as a reference and change the tempo until the cut-points line up with the measures in the beat. That should atleast get everything lined up and not be cutting stuff at weird points.

Btw, if Acid doesn't allow overlapping, you could always just use 2 tracks.