Legalize Marijuana almost came through in 2 states

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2005
Colorado | Amendment 44: Legalize Marijuana
Proposed amendment to Colorado state law would legalize the possession of one ounce or less of marijuana for any person 21 years of age or older.

Yes - 557,758 40%
no - 819,579 60%

Nevada | Question 7: Legalize Marijuana
Would allow individuals at least 21 years of age to purchase, possess, use and transport up to one ounce of marijuana. Wholesale sale of marijuana would be subject to state excise taxes; retail sales would be subject to state sales tax. Fifty percent of tax revenue from the sale of marijuana would be used to fund voluntary programs for the prevention and treatment of the abuse of alcohol, tobacco or controlled substances. The other 50 percent would go to the state general fund.

Yes 252,776 44%
No 320,854 56%

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
thats fuckin wack.....I was hoping nevada would pass that shit since they're so close to cali.....but all the other times this was on the ballot it didn't pass, I figured it wouldn't this time

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
LOL! They gotta realize that some prostitutes do spread a worse disease than marijuana, is not that right? Ah, well

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Nevada | Question 7: Legalize Marijuana
Would allow individuals at least 21 years of age to purchase, possess, use and transport up to one ounce of marijuana. Wholesale sale of marijuana would be subject to state excise taxes; retail sales would be subject to state sales tax. Fifty percent of tax revenue from the sale of marijuana would be used to fund voluntary programs for the prevention and treatment of the abuse of alcohol, tobacco or controlled substances. The other 50 percent would go to the state general fund.

Yes 252,776 44%
No 320,854 56%

FUCKING PUSSIES! I can't believe they even had a whole Idea of making a profit and giving to the good programs and still these idiots vote no..... fucking retards dont they know foos is gonna smoke anyway? why not make something out of it?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^yeah people are gonna smoke anyways but with that theory people are still gonna shoot up heron and smoke D nd they can make hella money ofa them too don't mean it should be legal. Fact of the matter is there is no way for the gov to 100% control the flow of weed since there are so many people out there who know how to grow it so that shit will never be made 100% legal

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
jayda650 said:
^yeah people are gonna smoke anyways but with that theory people are still gonna shoot up heron and smoke D nd they can make hella money ofa them too don't mean it should be legal.
that arguement is what i like to call an expanded exaggeration... sure people are going to do what they want.. but u over look the fact that preventing someone from doing something is warranted when theres something or someone being harmed... if u try to stop people from doing things that harm niether themself or anybody else, why stop them? how many people O'D off weed compared to heroin and that other nasty shit?

jayda650 said:
Fact of the matter is there is no way for the gov to 100% control the flow of weed since there are so many people out there who know how to grow it so that shit will never be made 100% legal
thats an oxymoron tho because if its legal why is there a concern for oversight of its flow?? if it isnt illegal, it no longer holds a street value..

Jun 21, 2006
lol @ all the ignorant people who think weed is dangerous (those who voted no)
They need to refine the drug education systems in america too, they make it sound like bud and crack are as dangerous as each other, it's not right.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

I was listenin to the radio at work and they were talkin bout the Proposition or whatever in Santa Cruz that would all but legalize marijuana was hella close....like almost 50/50 or some shit. It would make going after marijuana users the city's (police) last priority.

anybody know what happened wit that?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
TROLL said:
that arguement is what i like to call an expanded exaggeration... sure people are going to do what they want.. but u over look the fact that preventing someone from doing something is warranted when theres something or someone being harmed... if u try to stop people from doing things that harm niether themself or anybody else, why stop them? how many people O'D off weed compared to heroin and that other nasty shit?

thats an oxymoron tho because if its legal why is there a concern for oversight of its flow?? if it isnt illegal, it no longer holds a street value..
cuz if anyone can grow it it prevents them from being able to tax it and make money off of it, then they will also still have to spend the same amount of cash on law enforcement that they already do to make dure people don't grow and sell untaxed weed.

everyone is gonna want their slice just like in the dope game instread its white guys in suits lobbiests and special interst group that will be fighting political battles over who gets what from how big a pie

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
SiKHMaDe said:
I was listenin to the radio at work and they were talkin bout the Proposition or whatever in Santa Cruz that would all but legalize marijuana was hella close....like almost 50/50 or some shit. It would make going after marijuana users the city's (police) last priority.

anybody know what happened wit that?
http://www.mapinc.org/newsnorml/v06/n1508/a07.html

do my eyes deceive me?

::

Aug 8, 2003
jayda650 said:
cuz if anyone can grow it it prevents them from being able to tax it and make money off of it, then they will also still have to spend the same amount of cash on law enforcement that they already do to make dure people don't grow and sell untaxed weed.
i see, thats true, but i figure if it was sold at a specialized store then the drive for someone to go through the process of having to grow there own would be minimized, i kno a lot of alcholics, but dont know any of them that would try to brew there own... however, the taxation of it was only a part of one of the reasons to legalize it among getting rid of its street value and criminalizing non violent offenders..
jayda650 said:
everyone is gonna want their slice just like in the dope game instread its white guys in suits lobbiests and special interst group that will be fighting political battles over who gets what from how big a pie
i agree with you there... a politicians determination is based on the pay out of his opinion..