LBI, Creativity & Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2003
As I see it Loaded had a lot of creativity in it and some consistency, after listening to LBI for some weeks now all i can say is that im very very disappointed.
Loaded was a great album very innovative & best of all it sounded good.
LBI sounds cleaner, has better engineering but has no personality to it, its just as is phonk B. was trying to gimmick every other producer in the world.
Some bit of dre there, some wutang, violin....
That has been awfully played out....
So whats up?
Did you try to appela to the mainstream audince on this one?
Lynch was great to me on this cd but this cd like uthanizm & every shit since loaded lack personnality.
(minus loki solo but cant remember if it came after or before loaded)
But all I can say is that Three 6 Mafia did not get platinum plague by bein so versatile, better thay stook up to their style and took it a bit further.
Now the whole siccmade family has no style on his own anymore.
And thats sad.
Dont hate on me im just stating a fact.
And as for beta technicality...music aint sport you dont seek performance in music but just listening pleasure.
And where loaded was surprising & provided feelings & emotions, thoses last CD appeal to nothing.
Dont say im hating im truly disappointed in what I thought would became a major rapper/click.
And noone ever forced em to switch to that mainstream melting pot shit.

Feb 23, 2003
I THINK LBI IS A GOOD ALBUM BUT IT NO LONGER GETS THAT ROTATION IN MY CAR.. IT KINDA GOT BURNT OUT QUICKER THEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD.. UTHANISM WAS JUST TRACKS THEY THREW ON THERE THAT ALBUM COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER..

Apr 25, 2002
its weird with LBI........either people were hella disappointed, or thaught it was the album of the year.......me, i was hella diappointed, i think dude up top made some solid points.....hopefully lynch proves he still got it on his next solo

Aug 7, 2002
album is hella tight....uthanizm was str8 heat too...they just can't fit in with the new shit...i bet cha if season or loaded never came out and lynch by inch came out most of everybody would have been impressed.....but this album is fuccin tight

tyson

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2003
^^^^I agree wit that.People are so concerned bout Lynch by inch
not being a SOTS 2 or a Loaded 2 that they dident even Look and listin ta the Lyrics on LBI. Its a shame

Feb 19, 2003
tyson said:
^^^^I agree wit that.People are so concerned bout Lynch by inch
not being a SOTS 2 or a Loaded 2 that they dident even Look and listin ta the Lyrics on LBI. Its a shame
Sure. I know people here are probably sick of me posting this, but I'll do it once again, because it bears repeating:

Back in '97, when LOADED came out, believe it or not, there were folks I knew who loathed it w/ a capital "L" (it took me awhile to warm up to it as well, until I read Lynch's comment that it was a "high" CD, while SOTS was "drunk"). But six years later, I read posts on the Siccness and talk to different people, and their opinions have changed--some even like LOADED better than SOTS!

Ice-T (who was on LOADED) once said: "Rappers are often ahead of their time," and I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if six years from now (maybe sooner), people will "catch on" to LBI--after all, it took that long for a lot of folks to "catch on" to LOADED! LOL! As for me, the only tracks I didn't feel were "Death Dance" (which needed more than two verses) and "Suicide Note" itself (the "Stairway To Heaven" thing didn't quite make it, IMHO).

But it's all a matter of personal taste. @Ezekial--you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm sure you're not hating. At least you took the trouble to actually LISTEN to the CD before your made up your mind, and that's cool.

PEACE!

Aug 7, 2002
every lynch cd gon get better...so peeps shouldn't open they mouth like that sayin lynch is history cuz this is just only the first lynch cd from siccmade!! i mean it'z like lynch restartin bacc up in rap again but the new and better lynch...it'z gon get better trust me and lynch by inch will grow on u...

Aug 17, 2002
lbi will not grow on people like loaded did. you put it perfectly lbi has no true personality. loaded had a creative and original side to it that makes it stand out. lbi lacked in lyrics, style, creativity, beats, in comparison to any other lynch album.

if people didnt like loaded at first it was cuz it wasnt what people expected, it was some odd shit at first and eventually that odd shit is what made it stand out.

lbi is just an empty calorie compared to loaded.

Feb 19, 2003
Walkin said:
lbi will not grow on people like loaded did. you put it perfectly lbi has no true personality. loaded had a creative and original side to it that makes it stand out. lbi lacked in lyrics, style, creativity, beats, in comparison to any other lynch album.

if people didnt like loaded at first it was cuz it wasnt what people expected, it was some odd shit at first and eventually that odd shit is what made it stand out.

lbi is just an empty calorie compared to loaded.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but it could also be argued that LBI last year in 2003 "wasn't what people expected", just like, as you said, "LOADED wasn't what people expected" from Lynch back in '97.

Just my view, though--I hate to get too finalized w/ my opinions about CDs in general when they first come out. A lot of what sounded good back in the day doesn't sound so hot now, and vice-versa. Music's funny that way...

PEACE!