Latin Rap Conference

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Today is the last day to register for the LRC at 75 bucks. The price rises after today, so don't forget. The Conference is STILL going down. July 28th-30th in San Diego, CA at the Handerly Hotel. Just in case you're still not aware of this major event, here's what the LRC had to say about it:

"The First Annual Latin Rap Conference is being brought to you by the newly formed LRC Committee. We are a group of industry professionals who feel it is time to step forward and take control of our industry. Our goal is to catapult the strong Latin Rap industry into the forefront of the national media. The First Annual Latin Rap Conference will be the singular networking event in this industry, attracting professionals from over 60 different companies. With its high concentration of artists, labels and industry professionals, LRC will be one of the most publicized events in the Latin Rap business. Every aspect of the industry will be represented including the top innovators, artists, DJs, producers, radio and video programmers, retailers, distributors and many more. There will be nothing else like it."

I'm gonna be apart of the 4th Seminar which will cover Marketing and the Internet. That's going down on the second day at 1pm. Already confirmed to be there: Sick Jacken, Dope House Records, Baby Bash, Kemo The Blaxican, Delinquent Habits, JayTee of N2Deep, Don Cisco, Low Profile Records, Playa Rae, Knightowl, Power 106, 100.3 The Beat, Universal Records, Columbia Records, Immortal Technique, Lil' Rob, Frost, Frankie J and so many more. This is OUR chance to improve and progress Latin Hip Hop. Latinos STAND THE FUCK UP.

Register.
www.DubCNN.com

Jan 9, 2004
ManOfBeer2K2 said:

Its good to see that a lot of Chicano Rappers are participating and getting organized instead of talking shit about each other. Support Chicano Rap. The days of being crabs pulling each other down is over.

Also, can't wait for that Kemo cd to drop, anyone know a release date?

Jan 9, 2004
I heard on MORE FM that they got after parties in downtown with Lil One, Knightowl, Aztec Tribe, Don Cisco and others performing. I think its L5 and at Aubergines this week. Anyone got more details?

Mar 15, 2003
(SSD) South San Diego, CA
TOKZTLI said:
I heard on MORE FM that they got after parties in downtown with Lil One, Knightowl, Aztec Tribe, Don Cisco and others performing. I think its L5 and at Aubergines this week. Anyone got more details?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT IS GONNA BE AT L5 NIGHTCLUB WITH KNIGHTOWL, KEMO, AND AZTEC TRIBE. THURSDSAY IT'S GONNA BE AT AUBERGINES.

Mar 15, 2003
(SSD) South San Diego, CA
I JUST READ THIS OFF THE WCRYDAZ WEBSITE www.wcrydaz.com

Mellow Man Ace stirs up controversy!
Posted Thursday, July 29, 2004 by nando

This news comes thanks to the homie Styles...

When Mellow Man Ace came up to speak at the panel at the Latin Rap Conference in San Diego, he shockingly encouraged everyone to 'boycott all black music.' Although some were for it, the statement was debated and disagreed on by many in attendance. We'll try to keep yall updated on anymore info on this...

Peace

Disscuss This Topic

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Got damn! The Latin Rap Conference was a major success. A lot was accomplished. The panels were very imformative, the performances were off the hook and the whole atmosphere was perfect. The peace was kept, everyone networked and got along well with one another. That goes to show, you CAN have a bunch of Latinos in one place and still keep it postive. The stereo-types are flying out the window. Some of the panelists were Sick Jacken, David Rolas, Guic, Rags(98.9 FM), Mr. Lil-One, E-One(Universal), Ceaze(98.9), Cesar(Univsion), Sal Rojas(BrownPride.com), Mellow Man Ace, Fidel(Divine Forces Radio), Bimbo, Don Dinero, Felipe(Los Nativos) and many more. So much knowledge was dropped, it was insane.

Also in the house was Don Cisco, Queenie, Kemo The Blaxican & The Dead Silance Fam, Toy(Control Machete), Tha Mexikans, The Beatnuts, JayTee, Knightowl, Slush The Villain, Young Sicc, Oscar from Riverbottom Ent., LoLife, Kiki Romero, Reazn Being & Contraband Fam, Sucio(Pone mas jamon meng!), Terrence & A.C. Mack from Urban Latino Hip Hop Show(My roomates, what's poppin'!), Blunts LLA, Brown and Proud Radio, Tomas & 805 Underworld, Fuerte Group, Mezcal, Romero The New Mexico Lobo, Johnny Boy, Ozzie, Brian, Ruen Clothing, Malverde and tons more. Everyone else that was in the house, I didn't leave you out on purpose, my bad if you're name is not on the list. Thanks for coming out and making a difference in this Latin Hip Hop game!!

All in all, from the Conferences to the Clubs, everything went well. The second time around, we can only expect bigger and better things. Let's keep it crackin'!!! Stay in touch with everyone you came in contact with. Look for Pictures and artist and label updates coming VERY soon. Last but not least, I want to send a shout to the big homies Shysti and Rags for making this event possible. You got my support One Hundred.
www.DubCNN.com

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
Re: Mellow's Comments

THE D.U.G.O.U.T said:
^WTF? I MEAN SUPPORT YOUR OWN BUT "BOYCOTT"?
Our associates at WCRydaz.com posted an update on Mellow Man Ace's contraversial comments during his time on one of the panels at the Latin Rap Conference. I was on the same panel and it could've been interpreted different ways. Mellow Man is a black Latino, so by no means was he inciting any, as he put it, "Race wars." The way I took it, he's saying, as opposed to running out and supporting the Snoop Dogg's, the Jay-Z's etc., support Latin Hip Hop first. He was, by no means, saying do not support Black Hip Hop. There was a heated a debate after is comments. I'd just like to put that out there, before any rumors begin to stir up.
www.DubCNN.com

Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
Well I wouldnt say most people disagreed only the people that worked in radio(probably because they get promotion money from the major labels to play the other music) and the other one had a job with a major label. Mello is probably right if we Latinos want to hear our music on the radio and see more of our videos on t.v. we Latinos might have to boycott since the buying power of the Latino people is the majority in the U.S. Ive worked in radio for 9 years and all I know is the urban market in radio for California targets at Latin Women......So why dont you hear more Latin Artists? I want you to know that Im not racist this is just a solution to a problem that came up at the conference. Another isssue was the quality of the Latin Rap Music this means we need to be more creative when producing songs such as lyrics and music production and subjects of the music.......to all fellow Latino Rappers its time to get out the N.W.A. era...........lets take it to the next level so we can get represented on the radio and televisions.