Last movie you saw in theatres?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
What was it? Was it money well spent, or could you have rented it when it came out on DVD (or dowloaded it)?

Its a funny movie, but its more raunchy/obscene funny. Probably should've waited for it to come out on DVD and rented it. I remember liking Grown Ups (Adam Sandler) better.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Damn, it's been a while since you've been to the movies. I just rented that about two weeks ago

Last movie I saw was Johnny English Reborn. It was money well spent because I think Rowan Atkinson is hilarious. Unfortunately, I had to drive 45 minutes to see it because the two closest theaters were not showing it.

Apr 25, 2002
"Our Idiot Brother". It wasn't very good and didn't need to be seen in the theater. It wasn't exactly bad, but just not very good. Should have been a DVD or download. More of an awwww sweet movie than a funny movie which it was billed as.

This is the one where I had the chance to see the Footlose remake trailer and boo it.

May 2, 2002
Damn, it's been a while since you've been to the movies. I just rented that about two weeks ago
I've never really been the movie-going type. More often than not, I'll rent a movie. Why spend money on a ticket when the movie may not meet your expectations? I'd rather save myself some money and rent it.

Brooklyn's Finest
Lottery Ticket
Grown Ups
Bad Teacher

Those were the last movies I saw in the theatres. Outta those four, the only one I REALLY wanted to see was Brooklyn's Finest. The rest were just movies to watch 'cause I wanted somethin' to do. Could I have saved some money and rented (or downloaded) all four of those? I very well could have.

Feb 7, 2006
I know you're about the home theater, but the Movie theater man, it's integral to film watching I think...over it...man.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I do have to psyche myself up before I go into the theater so I do agree with your sentiments.
I only get like that when going to Costco, Wal-Mart, or the mall.

I cant do it.

But I dont mind going to the movies, kind of a nice little get away. Too much going on @ home to really relax & watch a flick.

Jul 27, 2009

fucking glad i went to see it. and imma buy the blu ray when it comes out. and Refn said he has a special "Queen" edition coming out next year. i'll probably cop that as well

Nov 7, 2006
^^^same here. Saw Drive, Best movie of the year for me easily. the theater i went too was full of 90's babies who hated it. well i'm happy i saw it in theaters and i will be buying it on blu-ray day one to rewatch it. next movie will be Girl With Dragon Tattoo and i have very high expectations.