Kutt Calhoun - Kuttin' Loose

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
So what's the verdict?

I finally got mine in the mail yesterday and I gave it a play when I got home from work this morning. It's ok. I dig Kutt's verses but I've always had a problem with a lot of rap chorus' in general.

I dug 3, 5, 6, and 8.

And on track 4, where have I heard that beat before? They added some new shit and tweaked it a bit but I know I've heard that before.

Aug 30, 2002
Jayz/foxy's Sunshine (which is a remake of an older song) and iggy's fancy. I actually dug this whole ep besides that song. It was consient top to bottom besides that song. In the car and headphones of course. Computer doesn't do albums justice.

Dec 17, 2004
I think the EP was sick he came hard there was only one song that I didn't really care for it sounds like he had it on the black gold album hello goodbye but On my own was the hardest song on the EP I think because he went in on strange and tech from the sounds of it and to me he's way way better lyricist then tech hands down

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I've given it two listens all the way thru and I have to say it surpassed my expectations.

actually dug Fuck With You The Long Way and the quality of Rob Rebecks mixing stood out to me. it's leaps and bounds ahead of the current material Strange has released since he left.

Guillotine, Regal, Shooting Gallery & On My Own were fire.

Feb 25, 2007
This EP is everything that the album 'Black Gold' was supposed to be and signify, IMO. After hearing Kutt left Strange Music, I had all but written him off, knowing how the others have panned out.

But, Kutt delivered with this one! It's leaps-and-bounds ahead of his past material, musically, artistically. It hasn't lost any sound quality. It's raw, yet up-to-date. And, not to knock Strange, but a lot of their albums sound over-polished and YET dated, if that makes any sense.

And I think Kutt took the right approach on how to deal with his departure from Strange Music. He put it all out there on 'On My Own'. He explains his perspective on things and never gets overly personal, but keeps it 1000. Just as Tech never has. They handle it like some grown men, which is better than any, "lets take it to the streets" bullshit IMO.

Oh yeah, the song 'Handz Up'........ I been waiting for somebody to come this hard concerning this issue!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Anybody following dude on Facebook? I swear that guy must have a team of twenty people posting 24/7.

And I like how he got himself a Fravis O'Fuinn to back him. LoL.

Still a cool dude in my book though. The way he's pimping himself on Facebook now, is what Strange should have been doing with him all along.
That guy who's backing him is Josh Rickards aka One Eyed Joe. Josh has become a manager, of all things. I wish him the best. He seems happy.

Jul 1, 2004
Lol...the local openers were trash like always.Kutt's set was cool. Most songs he did were from his EPs. I think Bunk Rock Bitch and Colors were the only songs from albums. Honestly, I enjoyed Flawless' set more. Never listened to any of his music but the dudes dope and live show is really solid.

Nov 14, 2002
Dude got arrested for like a day a few days ago and his "management" was on his Facebook asking for all types of "support" and refused to tell anybody what he was arrested for, pissing off a good portion of his fanbase... Ya know, the portion that doesn't just defend people before they find out what they're being charged with... Like... The smart ones.

He eventually got released and dropped a video explaining the charges but I haven't bothered to watch it yet.