Korn's Head Leaving the Band

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2004
Korn guitarist finds God, leaves band

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening.

Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, California, station KRAB-FM.

"I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans."

Welch added that he would be appearing at a local church on February 27, during which time he would "speak (about) how I got to this place in my life, and I'll answer all your questions."

On its official Web site (http://www.korn.com), Korn's remaining members said they respect Welch's wishes and hope "he finds the happiness he is searching for." The group is in the studio working on a new album, due in September, which will be its first since fulfilling its contract with Epic last year.

For now, no replacement for Welch has been named, nor has a new label home for the band.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/23/music.korn.reut/index.html

THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THE SAME LATELY, THIS EITHER BURIES THEM OR GIVES THEM NEW ENERGY.

May 29, 2002
I just found out my boy was asked to tour with them and play drums on a few cuts. I just found out about it today so I don't know if it was before or after this happened.

Jan 9, 2004
bayGIANTS said:
I just found out my boy was asked to tour with them and play drums on a few cuts. I just found out about it today so I don't know if it was before or after this happened.

Is the drummer leaving too?

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
^^^ No, just Head. Meth can fuck up a lot shit, shit's junk. Being a fan of Korn from the early days to now, all I can say is this blows!

Jan 9, 2004
Yeah Im a fan of the early stuff, up until the 3rd album, I cant get into the newer stuff. I'll still listen in and see who they bring in to replace Head.

May 29, 2002
TOKZTLI said:
Is the drummer leaving too?
I dont think so. I havent actually talked to him about it yet, his mom just told my mom.

it was funny though because my mom asked me if I ever heard of the band korn and she actually spelled it out for me. and I was like, yeah, they used to be like the biggest band out a few years ago. she just figured they were some no name band, lol.

May 29, 2002
^^^ you seriously never heard of Korn? I wasnt much of a korn fan at the time, but really couldnt go anywhere without hearing them for a while.

May 15, 2002
bayGIANTS said:
^^^ you seriously never heard of Korn? I wasnt much of a korn fan at the time, but really couldnt go anywhere without hearing them for a while.
I've heard of them before, but never heard any of their songs except on that one video with the bullet moving around (or something like that). Their cover of "another brick in the wall" is pretty sick, too. I'm just wondering when they first came up and where they came from. Anybody know?