KMELs music director thoughts on hyphy...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
“The main difference is that crunk is slow and hyphy is faster,” says James Archer, music director of the Bay Area’s hip-hop Clear Channel station, KMEL. “With crunk, there’s more violence associated. Hyphy’s association is just partying.”

I read this here-->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6826555/site/newsweek/

what yall think? I never really thought of crunk music as being violent in any way possible, then again i dont listen to any of it....this article is old, from 2005, just thought i'd post it, and see what ppl got 2 say..

He also talks about how in the next year (being this year, 2006) he thinks hyphy will be gone...

Jan 5, 2006
www.turfquake.com
yeah every other crunk songs hook says somethin like "bust his head" "slap that hoe" "shoot the club up" "knock that bitch out" etc.. etc.. over and over

so i can see what he sayin

and i done seen more niggaz get they shit mopped and stomped out to BIA BIA more then any other song in my functionin career lol

one of my favorites.. off 8ball & MJG last album "dont make (dont make) me kill (me kill)/no muhfuckin body in hurr (in hurr)/ima shoot (ima shoot) 2 shots (2 shots)/somebody done made me hot" haha... when u got that ringin over a club system im sure effects is different then if u listenin to "shake you dreads" & "go dumb"

it is what it is... crunk/hyphy.. shallow beat-driven music with no real replay value once the next nigga comes witta new song sayin the same shit over another mediocre beat that "slaps harder".. nothing to grow to

but it dont look like hyphy gon be dead in 06

Jan 26, 2006
LEvakaM510 said:
i personally think crunk and hyphy is way way different..
however, there are similarities..
Different, Not just about what lifestyle the music represents, but I can tell a Crunk beat within the first 5 seconds.

Mar 1, 2006
BoX KeV said:
Just for the record..."James Archer" is Jazzy Jim and he is NOT the music director at KMEL.He is the Program Director at WILD 949...Our Music Director is Big Von...Just to clear that up
Lol @ for the record ... But EXACTLY!! Smh.

Feb 13, 2006
BoX KeV said:
Just for the record..."James Archer" is Jazzy Jim and he is NOT the music director at KMEL.He is the Program Director at WILD 949...Our Music Director is Big Von...Just to clear that up
sorry bout that..i was just goin off what the article said...

Feb 27, 2006
I PERSONALLY THINK COMPARIN THIS SHIT IS A FUCKING JOKE. FUCK THE HYPHY MOVEMENT. ITS JUST A FUCKING GIMMICK MADE BY 40 SO THAT WE CAN COME UP IN THE GAME. IF DRE WERE STILL ALIVE SHIT WOULD NOT BE GOING DOWN THIS WAY. I COULD GIVE A FUCK IF BET AND MTV ARE PLAYIN SOME OF OUR SHIT CUZ THEY NEEDED SOMETHING LIKE THE HYPHY MOVEMENT TO START DOING IT. THE BAYS BEEN PUTTIN OUT QUALITY MUSIC FOR YEARS NOW AND IMA KEEP BUYIN RECORDS AS WELL AS OTHER TRUE FANS ARE WHETHER WE GETTIN CREDIT OR NOT. ID HATE TO SEE THE BAYS MUSIC QUALITY GET WATERED DOWN BY THIS HYPHY MOVEMENT BULLSHIT!

Feb 13, 2006
Ego Crusher said:
i read an article that sez rasputinonone sucks dick daily...facials!

im just goin by what the article says. i wont bother to see if its the truth, ill just state it.
and why should i care what you say? cuz i am really hurt by what you said...really, like, damn, what am i to do...
And atleast i posted a link to the web site that wrote the article, unlike half these ppl in here who post "news" without anything to back it up...

an go talk to MSNBC if you got a prob with the missinformation, their the ones who wrote it, not me...

Apr 21, 2006
RasputinOnOne said:
and why should i care what you say? cuz i am really hurt by what you said...really, like, damn, what am i to do...
And atleast i posted a link to the web site that wrote the article, unlike half these ppl in here who post "news" without anything to back it up...

an go talk to MSNBC if you got a prob with the missinformation, their the ones who wrote it, not me...

so hurt that you came back like that, hahahahaha.

@pvctili, i feel you mayn.