kmel is whack

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 4, 2005
yeah its cool that they payin tribute to MD today but they never played ANY of his shit 2 years ago and now they all pretending that they were on his shit before his death......

fuck the radio

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
DukeNaintEZ said:
Dre really didnt blow up until he passed...sad but true..so they probabaly have been gettin alot of requests
kinda true...Mac Dre barely started gettin heavy rotation with Thizzle Dance and Get Stupid in October 2004. that was when he released those tracks on 12" vinyl for the first time and DJs barely started playin his shit at parties and on the radio.

Mar 28, 2006
bayGIANTS said:
a lot of the djs were cool with dre, its just that the djs dont get to choose who they play all the time

yadida thats real, they give as much bay love as the station allows them..I don't know any DJ out here whos from the bay and has been in it for a minute who hasn't always been deep intha bay music

DJs were feelin him...I kno i heard him in the studio on the radio on 106.1 wit differnt DJs. He was hella cool wit Chuy for sure, he has a song dedicated to him! "WAKE THE HELL UP, TAKE YOUR SHOWER, WE FIN TO KMEL UP FOR THE NEXT 4 HOURS"..."IF CHUY AINT PLAYIN IT AINT RIGHT"..."GO GO GO CHUY GET STEWY"

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
so this topic shouldnt be about kmel it should be about every person in the bay area............. not just kmel right? if we talkin about bandwagon jumpers and front runners......... its not kmel. they are our media source, and they are showing love to a bay boss. lets talk about the 300 rappers that have popped up trying to be dre sinse his death........ or maybe we shouldnt, cause then we would all be haters right?

Feb 17, 2005
Hell no. I remember right about 2-3 months before he died they were playing a fair amount of MD. "Feelin Myself" "Thizzelle Dance" and other shit too. At least once a day you could count on it.

Dec 6, 2005
i'd say 80% of mac dres music was explicit as fuck. radio stations couldn't play most of his music, shit was way too lyrical.

too hard for the mothafucking radio

radio stations are corporate property now

no creative control like mac dre said, fuck em

Feb 18, 2006
DukeNaintEZ said:
Dre really didnt blow up until he passed...sad but true..so they probabaly have been gettin alot of requests
for real, now everybuddy jump on the bandwagon, like they knew him or listen to him back in the day

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Dre blew up to all these teeny bop mtv kids after he died. Man I remember when Mac D.R.E. was ripppppin shows apart years back to small crowds. Shit anyone else used to go to the small shows at the Gas Lighter in Gilroy? It was filled with real fans and not these wanna be Thizz Kidz. Real fans of all colors used to show up and embrace real bay music passing around blunts like community rassions. Hyphy wasn't even invented yet. The hyphy movement period was a double edged sword. More fans, most of them fake.