Keyboards with mainly one-shot sounds/voices...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2006
whats up

I went to a few keyboard dealers out here in OC and checked out some keyboards, I didn't like any of the boards that were in the display rooms. All of the keyboards imo were for dance music and had tons of loops like Saxaphones, brass, leeds, pads, orchestra (strings are very usable). And these boards had very few one-shot sounds that I'd use, I'm not really into guitars and all of the ethnic stuff. I'm looking for unusual one-shot sci-fi/horror sounds as presets on a keyboard.

For some strange reason, all of the popular keyboards really lack in that category.

Can anybody name some keyboards that carry a variety of one-shot voices. You can PM me if you dont want to share with anybody else.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Im alittle confused...are you talking about sound effects or pads?...if so what you can do is get any of the keyboards and load either a sample c.d or buy some custom made sound effects card

Oct 21, 2006
What you need to do is play with the knobs and faders more. There is plenty of sci-fi horror shit you just need to fiddle with the settings more.

I could play on a motif forever and ever. what we do is just set it to one spacy kit, then use the knobs, faders, pitch bend, modulation, tap pad, eq, filters, everything. we play for at least an hour and take turns and shit. and that's all just with one kit. you could make a whole movie soundtrack like that.

and the reason you couldn't find the one shot sounds is because you need to turn down the other sounds. It turns all the sounds up, and you can solo each one and adjust the volume. that way you can get all the different sounds you're hearing, but solod. also turn off the loop or whatever.

Oct 21, 2006
Well on the motif at least, there's 5 different faders so when you first load up a kit, it will usually be playing 5 different sounds at once. So you gotta turn faders up and down to get the sounds you want.

Oct 21, 2006
^ Oh. Well if you can't find a kit (the hiphop drums might even have them), I would try to make my own hits. Layer snares, fat horns, maybe a string, EQ, compress, and filter it (of course you don't have to do all that, I'm just giving examples). Just play the notes very short.

Personally I don't really use hits that much. A little, but not that much.